NL: York City (H) 3 October 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

York is 20 in the table. Feels like a must win for us.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

Wow... where do we go from here
Daggerman

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!
Another defensive masterclass once we take a lead. When will we learn that sitting back and inviting the opposition to attack doesn’t work EVER
RM1Dagger

One up and playing quite well against poor opposition but failing to convert decent chances to be out of sight and inevitably we shoot ourselves in the foot wth defensive aberrations. Was a smart finish for the winner to be fair to the lad but should never have found himself in that position to begin with.

Depressing.
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

Lcbdagger wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:48 pm Wow... where do we go from here
To the National League South. They were so bad today we looked alright for a large part of the match. But as always we get near the goal and turn into ******** retards, even when it’s a 4 on 2. Utter shit and someone at the club better buck their ideas up fast. Are any of the loanees good enough to strengthen the squad? I like Kendall but nothing works for him, and the West Ham kid offers nothing. Southend are under a ******** embargo and have managed to still sign better players than us. It’s an embarrassment.
Dagger42

No goal threat and nothing on bench.
ARNU

Resign now Ben , you and your crap team are clueless. This is no fun !!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

Let’s try and be positive here….. we’re going to have the best stadium in the national league south.
Diggerthedog

Perhaps people will start to take the position we find ourselves in seriously now, 7 without a win is some going but it’s all ok we played ok and they work hard.
Dagdale

What now? Anybody got any sense to all this? Lost for words!
SUSSEX DAGGER

The worst decison has to be recalling Phipps after his red card suspension. Got turned for the winnning goal Saturday and tonight for the equaliser and countless times before the inevitable goal that was always coming tonight.

The next worse decision is saving on a proven goalscorer for a headless chicken who runs around a lot but could not find his own arse with a sat nav let alone the goal.

The vital satistics tonight were these brutal facts.

Dagenham god knows how many chances 1 goal

York City 4 chances 4 on target and
2 goals , two of the other chances were prevented from being goals by the excellent goalkeeper we have.

After watching that headless chicken for another 90 minutes the first thing i hear on the car radio is that lazy bastard McCullum scored a hat trick for Eastleigh tonight bringing his total to 8 from 10 appearences. That is 2/3rds of what our entire team have managed all season.

The home crowd tonight was just over 1000, the scrimping on the money needed for a quality striker really is proving to be good business sense
A S dagger97

Time to start betting on our opponents every week and then at least my bank account will look a lot nicer. Might aswell get something out of the season to soften the blow.

Strevolution!!!? HAHAHAHAHA....piss off!😡
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Mick Dagger

Eastman & Effiong are big misses and I would suggest if they had been playing regularly we would have more points. However, what a dull and tactically basic team we are. I think training must consist of competitions to see who can kick the ball furthest.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:26 am The worst decison has to be recalling Phipps after his red card suspension. Got turned for the winnning goal Saturday and tonight for the equaliser and countless times before the inevitable goal that was always coming tonight.

The next worse decision is saving on a proven goalscorer for a headless chicken who runs around a lot but could not find his own arse with a sat nav let alone the goal.

The vital satistics tonight were these brutal facts.

Dagenham god knows how many chances 1 goal

York City 4 chances 4 on target and
2 goals , two of the other chances were prevented from being goals by the excellent goalkeeper we have.

After watching that headless chicken for another 90 minutes the first thing i hear on the car radio is that lazy bastard McCullum scored a hat trick for Eastleigh tonight bringing his total to 8 from 10 appearences. That is 2/3rds of what our entire team have managed all season.

The home crowd tonight was just over 1000, the scrimping on the money needed for a quality striker really is proving to be good business sense
Superbly put Sussex, we all said the winner would come after the first and very predictably it did. This team is in some areas no good enough, people can moan about injuries or suspensions but all teams have that. Time to stop the excuses and start getting results.
Mark

Difficult to know what to make of it. At one stage I thought it was our best performance of the season. Some of the football we played to carve out chances was excellent. York barely got out of their half until the last ten minutes.

A few things tho. Once again our crossing other than Page is shocking. And for what Page gives us in that regard, he looks positionally very suspect to me. Hare, save for one cross which Kendall couldn't convert I'm not sure he passed to another Dagenham player the whole evening.

Finishing or final pass, what more can be said. Kendall had a shocker. Ibie desperately needs to go on loan, it's like someone has sucked the life out of him since a promising pre season. Vincent was actually better than he has been but still offers very little end product.

At the back, Phipps another shocker. I wouldn't have picked him, York aren't the biggest and I think he needs some time on the training pitch being taught how to defend 1 v 1.