NL: Aldershot Town (A) 30 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Aldershot sits in 12th place in the table with a 4-3-5 for win-draw-loss. 8 points earned in last 5 fixtures.

Daggers sit at 18 in the table. Will we even score a goal again?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
A S dagger97

Was expecting Aldershot to be struggling this season but it's us who will probably heading to their place as underdogs and if we go another 90 mins without a goal I think the worries of the supporters are gonna turn to anger if they didn't already. We must be closing in on some kind of record time without scoring, at least for the club
:banghead:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

When we stated losing out on signings to sides like Aldershot it was clear which way this season was going to go. I don’t see us getting anything here as we just don’t score goals. Long few months lay ahead.
len

I would like to think Effiong might be back for Saturday, also is Weston available after international duty?
NBDag

len wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:42 pm I would like to think Effiong might be back for Saturday, also is Weston available after international duty?
Inih was abroad with his family last week so I can’t imagine that he is going to be match ready any time soon.
Kevin

len wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:42 pm I would like to think Effiong might be back for Saturday...
I just can't see how anyone can fall unconscious & collapse during a match, then be back playing professional football anytime soon - I'd be amazed if he's back this year..
DaggerJoel11

Weston went off injured about a fortnight ago while on international duty. Nothing serious according to Strevens, who also said that Effiong returned to training recently.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

A goal..!! A miracle..!! Kendall with it!

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:
Danamite

Clueless. This is easily the worst dagenham team I've come across. I would much rather Mcmahon in charge then this clown that's there now. This club is a joke
Diggerthedog

McMahon had double the budget Strevens has,
you can’t make a skyscraper out of 5 bricks. Having said that we need to start winning games, once a rut sets in it’s hard to get out of it and that’s what we’re in at the moment. Tuesday game will really see where we are, lose and we’re in a dogfight. Glad Sears got a goal, hopefully a few more of them.

You can only say we’re working hard for so long when the results don’t come.
Lcbdagger

Danamite wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:13 pm Clueless. This is easily the worst dagenham team I've come across. I would much rather Mcmahon in charge then this clown that's there now. This club is a joke
Another red card when we're in a game and fighting hard for points... with our current squad there's no way we can play 45 minutes with 10 men.

Great to see a couple of goals but the third was always going to come late on... that's us this season in a nutshell
ARNU

So....
Errrr
Oh I can't be bothered 🙊
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pablo

Our luck must change soon. We have had absolutely none. We had a cast iron penalty in the week not given and a very dubious one given against us today. we've had our main attacking threat collapse on the pitch and a series of injuries - some might have been expected- but others' like Eastman's simply unbelievable for a guy who hasn't been injured for 10 years. I actually believe that this is a good side and believe we will finish top ten may be higher. We have a fine keeper , two solid centre backs + Eastman, Hess, Mussa, and Hill are more than useful at this level.

My disappointment is that we did not get a striker in on loan rather than a further 2 midfielders -one of whom is in clink! And we made need further supplementation to Sears if Effiong does not recover and soon.

We should beat York but again we are up against it, playing 60 minutes today with 10 men and Ling and probably Hill out. I'm probably a hopeless optimist but I think we will be in a much better position by Christmas.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Pablo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:38 pm I'm probably a hopeless optimist but I think we will be in a much better position by Christmas.
Let me do some light editing of your comment

"I'm a hopeless optimist but I think we will be in a much better position by Christmas."

If you think we will be much better by Christmas there is no need to insert the word "probably"

I think we will be in a better spot but not sure by how much.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Pablo wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:38 pm Our luck must change soon. We have had absolutely none. We had a cast iron penalty in the week not given and a very dubious one given against us today. we've had our main attacking threat collapse on the pitch and a series of injuries - some might have been expected- but others' like Eastman's simply unbelievable for a guy who hasn't been injured for 10 years. I actually believe that this is a good side and believe we will finish top ten may be higher. We have a fine keeper , two solid centre backs + Eastman, Hess, Mussa, and Hill are more than useful at this level.

My disappointment is that we did not get a striker in on loan rather than a further 2 midfielders -one of whom is in clink! And we made need further supplementation to Sears if Effiong does not recover and soon.

We should beat York but again we are up against it, playing 60 minutes today with 10 men and Ling and probably Hill out. I'm probably a hopeless optimist but I think we will be in a much better position by Christmas.
Mussa will be banned too for 5 yellows.