NL: Aldershot Town (A) 30 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

In Paris for weekend so could not go but tuned in. Sounds a bit more promising up top but another late defeat after battling back is a kick in the guts.

Predicted that this team are going to be a disciplinary job after watching the first game at Altrincham, and my feelings are being proved.

Personsally nothing used to piss me off more then those feeble defeats and nobody got booked during them.

Our luck will turn i am sure
NBDag

Our luck will turn, decisions will even out over the season, it’s all wishful thinking that isn’t going to materialise. We have already had refereeing decisions go our way, we have already had lucky results too. Does anyone remember Barnet? There isn’t anything that can turn around this team apart from an increase in quality from the players. Waiting for anything else to happen will see us relegated with a whimper…

Now onto Tuesday with Ling suspended, Mussa suspended and Hill injured and no adequate replacements for them. But it’s all just bad luck, right? Open your eyes and see that the real issue at the club this year is Trinity and their lack of backing given to Strevs. He’s clearly a good manager. But he is being asked to replace four top quality strikers for this level with one 32 year old reject from league two and still rely on a 50 year old Weston for our main source of creativity. He was doomed to fail the moment he came into the club. It’s not bad luck.
Mark

Trinity are still subsidising the club this season. Maybe to a lesser extent, but they are still putting their own money into our team. I don't think we have any right to demand more from them. I know football is insane these days and almost every club seems to depend on millionaires but to say trinity are an issue and aren't backing the manager is pretty unfair I think.
RampantDuke

This weekend last year was a 5-0 loss to Dorking so things have definitely 😝
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Auntie Merge

I can’t help but wonder if someone is waiting for Southend to go belly up and then we find ourselves with a few extra players.

Wouldn’t be surprised, given the Daggers/John Still connection, if this has already been discussed.

I think 4th October is d-day. HMRC need to have been paid in full or the plug will be pulled.

I don’t want Southend to go, but unless Ron Martin or someone pays their tax bill, it looks likely.
Kevin

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:47 am I think 4th October is d-day...
How many D-Days have there been now..?!?! :blink:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:47 am I can’t help but wonder if someone is waiting for Southend to go belly up and then we find ourselves with a few extra players.

Wouldn’t be surprised, given the Daggers/John Still connection, if this has already been discussed.

I think 4th October is d-day. HMRC need to have been paid in full or the plug will be pulled.

I don’t want Southend to go, but unless Ron Martin or someone pays their tax bill, it looks likely.
More chance of seeing the Queens knickers then them being wound up . 99% of Clubs that have faced winding up orders over the last 25 years there has been any number, survive.

Other businesses get the bullet football Clubs dont.