NL: Hartlepool United (H) 23 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Hartlepool sits in 7th place in the table and have grabbed 4 points in there last 5 fixtures.

Our Daggers are on a bit of a slide. Sitting in 15th position in the table and have earned 7 points in the last 5 fixtures.

Hard to earn more than 1 point when the goals are not there. Which has been a complaint since the first matches in pre-season friendlies.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Todays game is a big one, looking at who is below us and can easily get ahead given time with their squads Oldham, Eastleigh and York we can’t afford to keep finding blanks. So much pressure on our defence to churn out faultless performances to get us a result. We’re apparently on the lookout for a striker but won’t be held to ransom, I reckon there might be panic signing if we continue this goal scoring form.
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:32 am Todays game is a big one, looking at who is below us and can easily get ahead given time with their squads Oldham, Eastleigh and York we can’t afford to keep finding blanks. So much pressure on our defence to churn out faultless performances to get us a result. We’re apparently on the lookout for a striker but won’t be held to ransom, I reckon there might be panic signing if we continue this goal scoring form.
I would love to know what being held to ransom actually means here. Fact is we need a top quality striker for this level and they only come at the top price, especially during the season.
Mick Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:32 am Todays game is a big one, looking at who is below us and can easily get ahead given time with their squads Oldham, Eastleigh and York we can’t afford to keep finding blanks. So much pressure on our defence to churn out faultless performances to get us a result. We’re apparently on the lookout for a striker but won’t be held to ransom, I reckon there might be panic signing if we continue this goal scoring form.
Need to get the better of Manny today :ermm:
Lcbdagger

*insert lack of cutting edge related post here*
NBDag

And that must be why clubs are holding us to ransom. F****** diabolical up top. Being honest it’s not just a striker we need, Ibie/Kendall are not good enough to start out wide.

I’m sure there are some players on trial for murder that could be in our budget though, so fingers crossed.
RayleighDagger1986

When Effiong is back (and there is a lack of detail on that), he is not going to solve the problem of our lack of goals all by himself. Sidney shows promise but no end product, and Kendall puts in a shift but just looks out of depth. Two signings needed to resurrect our season, if only we had one of Walker, Morias, or even McCallum, the table would look different
ARNU

Posted my rant in the other thread.
Just dismal innit !!
Strev....legation beckons.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

I doubt Hartlepool will have an easier 3 points all season.
Absolutely dismal up top, and not much in the middle.
The defence is ok, but you can't rely on them to keep a clean sheet every game, there's a difference between trying to keep a side at bay than defending a lead.
As Arnu said I doubt whether we'd score if Hartlepool had gone home.
I feel sorry for Ben, but then I've felt sorry for Taylor, MacMahon etc in the beginning. That'll quickly follow suit if I have to keep enduring this utter shite every week.
Lcbdagger

Any idea why the young centre back was dropped today? Looked a rare bright spark in the week... really solid,
HGDagger

Will be quite something to see Aveley in a higher league than us next season
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:35 pm Any idea why the young centre back was dropped today? Looked a rare bright spark in the week... really solid,
May be we are so desperate for a goal the decision was made on the basis who was most likely to be a threat in their box , other then that i cant think of another reason
Diggerthedog

Hartlepool play with big strikers so I’m sure that was the reason Phipps was brought back.

Could only listen to game but it sounded yet again like we created very little and nothing decent up top to finish it off when we did. The defence must be losing the will to live, knowing any mistakes it’s game over,

We’re in serious trouble, teams that have poor home form and rarely score get relegated those are simple facts. Two tough away games now, come our next home game we could be firming on the bottom 4.
Dagdale

Makes you wonder if Sydney had put that sitter away probably would have been a complete different outcome, and Lingy second half was really unlucky not to draw that level. Talking to a few Monkey hangers after game they seemed well surprise they bagged those 3 points. how many corners did we have? Certainly an improvement effort level from Tuesday night and keep saying to meself what do we have to do to rattle that net? Worse thing with 'never win at Halifax coming up' and a new gaffer revitalised Oldham I really can't see us turning this awful debacle around even though we seem to be a better team away from home grass.
DaggerJoel11

Copy and paste - a torturous re-anactment of their midweek defeat saw Dagenham suffer another in similar fashion, with attacking impotence allowing visitors Hartlepool their first clean sheet in 28.

𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... l-united-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''