NL: Bromley (H) 19 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Bromley is sitting in 4th place. Daggers are stuck around 13th place.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Gaffer has some interesting choices to make , one thatmay be forced on him.

1 , Does he recall Harry Phipps after his replacement was one that vey much caught the eye at Oxford.

2. Does anybody know the situation in regards to Charlie Kendell who season long loan had that rather strange condition to it that his parent Club Lincoln could call him back for League Cup fixtures. Tuesday night Lincoln have a League Cup tie
NBDag

I think Strevs will recall Phipps for tomorrow, but personally I wouldn’t. Don’t think either decision would cause a major impact to our performance though, both seem solid options.

Then for Kendall, yes apparently they can recall him for some cup fixtures. But unless Lincoln had an injury crisis, why would they given his performances here?
Diggerthedog

They’re in the crap EFL trophy where teams rest silly amounts of players so may need him back like last round of games, ridiculous clause if you ask me.
Dagthat44

NBDag wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:34 am I think Strevs will recall Phipps for tomorrow, but personally I wouldn’t. Don’t think either decision would cause a major impact to our performance though, both seem solid options.

Then for Kendall, yes apparently they can recall him for some cup fixtures. But unless Lincoln had an injury crisis, why would they given his performances here?
House and the other fella both injured. Would imagine it would be announced by now though??
Kevin

ARNU

Shit. Terrible. Useless.
Bag o shite !!!!
Did we have a shot ?
Boring boring Dagenham !!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Bromley played us perfectly... kept tight and compact, let us pass the ball around in our final third, up to the half way line and knew we had nothing going forward.

That's the 4th best team in our league apparently??? Another season of poor sides in this league wasted.
NBDag

Lcbdagger wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:09 pm Bromley played us perfectly... kept tight and compact, let us pass the ball around in our final third, up to the half way line and knew we had nothing going forward.

That's the 4th best team in our league apparently??? Another season of poor sides in this league wasted.
Completely agree. It shows how clueless our owners are at times when the season they decide to cut down their spending is the year they could have probably seen the most upside from it.

We still have a decent team however, just massively lacking in attack. Effiong and a second experienced striker are so needed.
Diggerthedog

Effiong is not the answer in this system, we need a mobile attacker who can press the ball. Can’t comment on the game last night as I wasn’t present but did listen to most of it and even our own commentators were saying we lack nothing in effort but have very little in quality going forward.

10 games in now and we’re the 4th joint lowest scorers having not scored in 4 games which is really 5 thanks to the own goal against Barnet. We’re in big trouble if we don’t sort out this striker issue, we just won’t score enough to stay out of the bottom echelons of what is a dire league.

The budget was cut too far, first few signings were promising but what followed were cheap injury prone players and some freebie kids. The manager has been thrown under the bus.
Dagdale

This game had a goalless bore written all over it until they rightly so took their one and only chance, their goalie could have sat in a deck chair, was their any urgency by us to win this game? We've gone back to a side that has lost the drive to move upwards, really makes you wonder getting home so late midweek when there's almost zero effort, club bar being pretty quiet beforehand fans must knew what's in store? Hartlepool game Saturday shake em up Ben!
Lcbdagger

For a small bit of positivity, the new young centre back on loan looks decent and Tavares looked solid. We absolutely shut off for their goal at the free kick but look a far better defensive team than last year.

No idea if Kendall had something in his loan contract about playing/ starting a certain amount of games but for the short time Ibie was on he stretched the play a bit, won some headers and gave the centre back and right back more concern than they ever had in the first 70.

Surely we lose nothing starting him for a game?
BB-Dagger

I wouldn’t say that there wasn’t much effort last night, but it must be very demoralising for the defence when they are doing a good job but knowing there is f#k all chance of anything happening up front, how many times did we break down the flanks to find nothing in the middle to cross too, Kendle puts in the effort but he’s not a player capable of leading the front line, he needs to feed off of a solid centre forward. Unfortunately I can’t see where the next goal is going to come from… most likely an own goal!
Mark

Where we once relied heavily on Westy, now it is Hill. Vincent may very well be out of position on the right but he didn't do much earlier in the season in the middle either. He never looked like beating his man or delivering any quality into the box. He keeps losing the ball in good areas. So our only hope of a goal is if Hill beats two men and scores. Kendall shows great endeavour but doesn't look like he will provide the quality of movement in the box required to score, and when he does get free he invariably fluffs it.

Can't fault the back 4 who were excellent, maybe lacked a little size at times and lost some aerial ball but it didn't cause us huge problems. Centre mid very good and controlled large periods of the game. Just the 3 or 4 tasked with attacking doesn't have enough quality. Badly need Westy and Inih back, and at least once signing. I am not sure Ibie is the answer, I think he needs a loan in the division below to start every week.
DaggerJoel11

Frustrating night. You can count on one hand the amount of times they got into our box, but one chance was all they needed and if you replay the game ten times it would end the same way every single one because we have absolutely nothing up top. We were tidy everywhere across the pitch except where games are won and therein lies the crucial problem.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''