Loan Market

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

With the Transfer window closing on Friday, there will be a number of EFL Clubs who can the asses their squads and put a few out on loan.

Clearly obvious we need to explore that market as fit squad members dictate we do.

So what Areas need to be strengthened
NBDag

I would loan 1 centre back, with the duration depending on how long Eastman and DLK are out. A right back on loan for squad cover. I would also look to get a holding midfielder in on a season long loan/perm signing, Hess has started to pick things up but I think we need more depth there.

Then we definitely need an established striker on a permanent transfer, and maybe a winger if we start to use a 433 as our main set up. Which we definitely should be doing.

All very sky-blue thinking though. I think we’ll see a striker and a centre back if we’re lucky.
Lcbdagger

Dependant entirely on budget but key would be to find (somehow) a goalscorer who isn't playing for his parent team to bring in on Loan... Obviously the best players will, by definition be playing for the team we want to loan them from. Financially that would likely allow us to Loan out Blair again as the Manager isn't putting him in the team regardless of current injury issues and the total lack of goalscoring threat we see from Kendall.

Ideal world would see a new wide player come in for us to continue a 433 formation, as mentioned as a centre back to come in as cover... Anything that doesn't leave us having to move Johnson in to the middle of defence due to future injuries/ lack of numbers.

Another full back and midfielder would be great but almost certainly pie in the sky with the money available to the manager, or we would have a bigger squad by now on permanent deals.
Diggerthedog

Owners words on Twitter to a fan that asked about some more players due to the thin squad below.

Agreed...and not from lack of effort here. need to find right players, right fit for the squad and not be held ransom. we know we need more depth. great group we have assembled so far!

As Sussex mentioned above the window closing for EFL will see some movement and hopefully some incomings for us.
NBDag

Well it looks like another game passing without us strengthening the squad… If there isn’t a lack of effort from the owners to sign players then what are we missing? I don’t believe that every player we have approached is holding us to ransom.
Diggerthedog

The loans will happen once the window closes tonight, players that couldn’t get moves to EFL clubs will take a punt on NL sides.
len

Defender signed from Luton for the season which is great news, hopefully over the next couple of weeks some of our players will be returning from injury as well.
ThatRoundThing

Nice touch by Luton last night putting him on the bench against West Ham. Although it wasn’t his Premier debut on the bench, he could well find his club in the Championship by the time he returns.
DaggerJoel11

Three through the door on season-long loans. Quiet morning...
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pablo

None of these is a striker. Good to see the numbers swelled but surely we still need somebody to put the ball in the net on a regular basis!
Diggerthedog

We will need another loan signing then.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cam ... 824249.amp
Kevin

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:06 am We will need another loan signing then.

:thumbd:
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:06 am We will need another loan signing then.

I said it at the time, but a truly baffling signing as we brought in him when the Court case was already in progress... There is no way we could have been advised, given the severity of the accusations against him that this punishment was out of the question.