NL: AFC Flyde (H) 2 September

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Fylde is sitting at 21 and on the bad side of relegation with a record of 1-2-3 and 5 points. The Daggers are on a 2 match win streak at 2-1-3. 7 points and 13th in the table.

Could this be our first match of the season that we are favorites?

Folks that do not live thousands of miles away and can watch in person seem to feel we are still very weak in the scoring area.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Nothing wrong with that performance today, thought we bossed it throughout . Excellent team performamce from everybody and what a diffrencr a week makes.

Talk 8 days ago was how long has the Manager got, tell you what carry
on like this and it will be how long can we keep him.

All the loans look promising addiitions and suddenly we look a decent teams with many influential players still sidelined.

The picture for January in the Calender is already decided , its going to be Ryan Hill because I doubt if we will keep hom past next February. The best player on the pitch by a mile and how he never got Man of the Match I will never know.

Talking of somebody who had a good game hats off to the referee who was the best i have seen for many a moon, she was calm allowed the game to flow and in my opinion showed her Male Colleagues a thing or two on how to referee
ARNU

Haven't been impressed with Hessenthaler, Rees , Vincent or Kendall but I'd have to say today they all did something of note. Hess did an awful lot today, won the ball a thousand times and got stuck in. Rees obviously scored, Kendall did well to assist the 2nd goal was it ? Made himself a nuisance all game. Vincent had a good game too. Tavares and ling both immense probably deserved Motm just as much as Moussa.
Once again a solid display from all involved. Please keep it up.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mick Dagger

The ref was excellent today, Tavares MOM for me.
RampantDuke

Yep - can’t fault the performance today. Could have done without going on the back foot after the 3rd goal but they didn’t look like getting one back, defended well. Next Saturday is a big test. Would take a draw at this stage.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

RampantDuke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:16 pm Yep - can’t fault the performance today. Could have done without going on the back foot after the 3rd goal but they didn’t look like getting one back, defended well. Next Saturday is a big test. Would take a draw at this stage.

What you observed to me occured when Hill wemt off. Just thought he was imense throughout the 70 minutes he was on
BB-Dagger

Unable to get to the game today due to unforeseen circumstances but great to see us building up a head of steam, also a positive is that we were 3-1 up before any of the latest loan players came on! Looking good for chesterfield
Mark

Hill, Tavares both excellent. Hessenthaler and Rees best games for us to date, the former played well and the latter still not brilliant but a definite improvement. Kendall worked so hard but not sure he's ever going to score any goals. Mussa did well and a lovely goal. Thought the ref was 5/10 at best which tbh probably makes her better than most we get. The Wealdstone guy was the best we've had tho.
DaggerJoel11

When Fylde cut our winning margin to just one when it ought to have been three or four towards the end of the half, I feared the worst and certainly they put it on us for a few minutes upon the restart, but we reasserted control tremendously for a thoroughly deserved win.

One of those performances where you could go across the entire team giving out tailored praise. Ryan Hill embodies everything his manager is trying to build, and his tenacity was epitomised by dusting himself off from a poor one-on-one miss to immediately rattle in a screamer.

Then Myles Weston, the epitome of a model professional, filling in commendably at left back. Omar Mussa made another compelling impression in his redemption arc, capped by a superb strike, while his teammates in midfield all put in decent showings too.

Must be said though, Fylde have the poorest defence I've seen in many a year and will tumble back out of the division as quickly as they came into it unless things change. Yet, like we have in just a week, they certainly can and we move onto Chesterfield away - easy.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
len

Another very good performance by all the players, Ryan Hill is like a pocket dynamo, he has got so much energy, what a great signing. Tavares and Mussa were excellent again and just shows what was missing last season. Three wins on the spin, what a difference to 10 days ago!
NBDag

8 days, 3 games, 3 wins, 6 scored, 1 conceded. That is a very happy bit of reading and seemed impossible 10 days ago. Fingers crossed this form continues and even when it does drop off we can rebound quickly.

3 more players in that seemingly have a lot to offer us, which is great to see. Isn’t it nice when there is some positivity around the club? I do hate it when we all moan :blum: :blum:
RayleighDagger1986

BB-Dagger wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:38 pm Unable to get to the game today due to unforeseen circumstances but great to see us building up a head of steam, also a positive is that we were 3-1 up before any of the latest loan players came on! Looking good for chesterfield
I wonder how much of the non attendees today was down to either the train strikes or the recent ULEZ charge introduced by the London mayor or both?
BB-Dagger

Wasn’t due to the train strike or ULEZ just had another thing to do that couldn’t wait, hopefully make up for it next weekend
RayleighDagger1986

BB-Dagger wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:26 pm Wasn’t due to the train strike or ULEZ just had another thing to do that couldn’t wait, hopefully make up for it next weekend
I appreciate your own personal circumstances had nothing to do with strikes or Ulez BB-Dagger but the gate yesterday was 1231, of which 30 were from Fylde. The home support so far this season (apart from Southend) is much lower than last seasons average.
Diggerthedog

It’s what happens when the product on offer is poor and you increase prices during an economic downturn. Saying that I’m sure if we have a good season they’ll all come running back.