NL: AFC Flyde (H) 2 September

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Ally Fraser

Charging more on the day, the new addition of a restricted view in the sieve, lack of bar in the home end. Are all reasons to put people off. That and the fact we’ve been crap for years.
ThatRoundThing

First thing to go for many people when rising prices are beginning to bite is entertainment. The die hards will still keep coming but we are unlikely to see many 1st timers unless the usual offers are rolled out again.
I have a Season Ticket but spend no money on food at the ground and just a couple of pints, where before I may have stayed in the bars late.
I now find a cheaper place to eat & drink after the match and much better quality also.
len

Ally Fraser wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:01 am Charging more on the day, the new addition of a restricted view in the sieve, lack of bar in the home end. Are all reasons to put people off. That and the fact we’ve been crap for years.
I would be astonished if putting a bar in the home end would add to the attendance but would agree that our poor form over the last few years may have put some people of coming on a regular basis.
hockley dagger

ULEZ and the train issue did for me. Can't get to the next few because of a couple of family gatherings and clashes with Essex cricket for a Tuesday game. I think putting up walk up prices is counter productive too. If the cricket I'm going to gets rained off I'm not inclined to pay £19 .
Kevin

In Cornwall so couldn't go on Saturday - there would still be a fair few on holiday on the 2nd September..

..that said, last season I gave about a third of the games a miss due to being pretty pissed off by the overpaid dross lumbering about in those matches I did go to.

Three wins on the bounce is fantastic - the boys seem to have picked it up since the pants start to the season.

Hopefully we can carry it on so that possibly a few more may come through the gates & cheer them on.

COYD
RayleighDagger1986

ThatRoundThing wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:59 am First thing to go for many people when rising prices are beginning to bite is entertainment. The die hards will still keep coming but we are unlikely to see many 1st timers unless the usual offers are rolled out again.
I have a Season Ticket but spend no money on food at the ground and just a couple of pints, where before I may have stayed in the bars late.
I now find a cheaper place to eat & drink after the match and much better quality also.
The mentioning of cheap places to eat or drink after the match, has anyone tried "The Cross Keys" in Dagengam vilkage, which is about 10 minute walk from the ground (via Pondfield Road). I've recently discovered this pub and the prices are really cheap (£4.00 bottle doom bar, £3.60 pint of Smiths Smooth) but food appears a no no.
I'll be popping in from time to time here as the pub has over 300 years in history. Worth a visit at the very least.
https://g.co/kgs/dzQoQZ
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 Daggers exuded real confidence in registering their third consecutive victory, exploiting Fylde's extremely porous backline at will.

↪️ 𝗠𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵 𝗥𝗲𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... fc-fylde-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''