NL: Wealdstone (A) 28 August 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Wealdstone is 2-2-1 and sitting in 7 to 8 place. Daggers are now 1-1-3 and sitting in 17 to 19 place.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Daggerman

Excuse my ignorance but what the F#k does
2-2-1 and 1-1-3 indicate?
ARNU

Daggerman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:10 am Excuse my ignorance but what the F#k does
Win- Draw-Loss

That or breast size😂
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
McLeansvilleAppFan

ARNU wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:17 am
Daggerman wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:10 am Excuse my ignorance but what the F#k does
Win- Draw-Loss

That or breast size😂
You are correct, though I am at that point of my life as a middle-aged man that I could use some upper support myself. :tongue:
len

I'm pleased you have clarified this because I didn't have a clue either, I thought it must be some secret code.
Lcbdagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:42 am Wealdstone is 2-2-1 and sitting in 7 to 8 place. Daggers are now 1-1-3 and sitting in 17 to 19 place.
Happy to be corrected but I believe both games Wealdstone have won this season are after the opposition had a player sent off and they were playing against ten men... No guarantee of a positive result for us today but it may skew the league table slightly if we had two opposition red cards in 3 games to start the season.
A S dagger97

ARNU wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:17 am
Win- Draw-Loss

That or breast size😂
2-2-1 will indicate dagenhams formation soon if we keep getting more injuries
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
RayleighDagger1986

Well, another 3 points and a clean sheet. Happy with that. Hill n Mussa have definitely changed things. Bring on Fylde Saturday
Oxhead

Keep him fit and we’ve got a real player in Tavares
BB-Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:13 pm Well, another 3 points and a clean sheet. Happy with that. Hill n Mussa have definitely changed things. Bring on Fylde Saturday
Add Tavares to that list, he’s looking pretty good just need him to stay fit, once again everyone put a shift in today. COYD
NBDag

Hill, Mussa, Vincent, Phipps and Hessenthaler superb. Tavares a level above that, looking like City signed the wrong Croatian defender!

The fact that Westy and Kendall both missed sitters and we ran out 2-0 winners is testament to how hard the team worked. We still don’t have a clinical finisher in the team after Effiong’s illness, so imagine what this squad could have done today with one. Hopefully more players back from injury this week, and new ones through the door and we can build a solid run after a tricky August.
Diggerthedog

I feared the worst watching the first 30 mins on the stream as Wealdstone passed it around us for fun. Credit to Strevs a little tweak with the shape and from then on we should have score a couple more that we did. Tremendous effort from the same team to play both 90 mins bar a couple of subs.

Still think we need some more bodies and a striker is needed first and foremost. Onto Fylde to see if we can keep the momentum going.
ARNU

Great result.Couldn't go today but my fickleness had me feeling we'd get something. Fylde must be there for the taking Saturday , we all know how that could go.
Still worried about where our goals are gonna come from, we need a proven goal scorer.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
McLeansvilleAppFan

len wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:36 am I'm pleased you have clarified this because I didn't have a clue either, I thought it must be some secret code.
What is funny is that in the USA our sports, such as gridiron football, that can end in a tie (or draw) is listed as W-L-T and we generally do win percentage instead of points and count a tie and 1/2 a win. Great-Bad-Middling is the order and that is somewhat illogical as it should be Great-Middling-Bad or Bad-Middling-Great.

Most folks in the US also do month day, year and day, month, year makes more sense or year, month, day.

Don't get me started on the full stop for a decimal point instead of a comma, which makes for more consistent grammar with numbers.

Most important of all is the win today,.
Bluenose

Good performance today

Back four looked good, Tavares's headers were immense, especially in the first half, and the two full backs were solid. Hope we can keep these four together.

I though Mussa and Hess as the holding mf's were very deep in the first half which gave Wealdstone the run of Midfield with Vincent being regularly overrun. I'm still not sure what Hess actually does, apart from shouting and pointing, maybe there's something clever he does which I'm not seeing.

Front three got through a lot of work despite being so isolated. I was impressed with Weston trying out playing in all three front positions and then left back.

Thought we improved a bit when Johnson went off and I think we went to 4231, with Frank on the left of a three, it gave him something to do.

Lovely goals to watch from behind the goal, great for Mussa whose slightly speculative shot got punched in the goalie, that never happens to us. I think with his attitude, his running into the fans to celebrate and his recent -um- "history" we may have the makings of a new cult hero.

All in all well worth braving the Festival crowds on the Central Line for