How safe is Strevens position?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

If we lose say the next 2 games ( which is highly likely)and Southend despite their 10 point deduction go above us how long will we stick with Ben?

I want him to do well he's a nice guy and it's clearly hurting him but what is our pain threshold really like ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

What’s the point of sacking him as the next manager won’t have any money to spend.
ARNU

I think we all like him, I think our team is probably the worst we've had in many years. I think Ben has an unenviable task and I also think the club is stupid enough to let him be the fall guy. If he keeps losing he'll probably walk anyway.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Considering they gave the other gobshite a decent contract and money to burn, he should at least be given until Christmas.
Given the budget he's been given, the players that have been let go, it's not an easy fix and the injuries to players haven't helped, but there's no denying his passion for the club.
I desperately want him to do well, but having your hands tied by the people in charge I find nauseating.
They talk a good game but for me personally it's a load of bollocks. Give the bloke the tools to do the job, or sell up and piss off.
We've been dying a death for a long time through a series of poor decisions and mismanagement and that's down to those in charge.
Personally I think Strevs deserves a decent run, which is more than can be said for those above him.
Mark

Not sure any manager of our club should be given any more money. A reduced budget still isn't poverty. Ben is a well loved here and everyone wants him to do well but we've got a bad side and he recruited a fair number of them. I do have some sympathy with some of Daryl's dross still under healthy contracts but he has to do better than this.
HGDagger

Won't make any difference if we sack him. Club will still be in the same position regardless. Might as well stick with him until he has enough and calls time
NBDag

Stevens has been set up to fail we all know this. I don’t think he should be sacked, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is. They deliberately offered him a cheap contract so that he can be sacked easily.

But sacking him won’t change anything, instead the owners should be backing him. Maybe we should change the topic to how much time are we going to give these owners? It’s not just Thommo doing a bad job. Freund & Unger are clueless and invisible. They’re cutting our playing budget whilst paying Todd Johnson god knows how much to no real benefit for our results. They’re also wasting money on the changing rooms for players that aren’t good enough to be in the conference. These owners are clueless, yes they saved the club and we are all thankful. But they haven’t done much of merit since and it’s about time we as fans start holding them to account for that. They can either step up or ****** off if you ask me
Ally Fraser

NBDag wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 am Stevens has been set up to fail we all know this. I don’t think he should be sacked, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is. They deliberately offered him a cheap contract so that he can be sacked easily.

But sacking him won’t change anything, instead the owners should be backing him. Maybe we should change the topic to how much time are we going to give these owners? It’s not just Thommo doing a bad job. Freund & Unger are clueless and invisible. They’re cutting our playing budget whilst paying Todd Johnson god knows how much to no real benefit for our results. They’re also wasting money on the changing rooms for players that aren’t good enough to be in the conference. These owners are clueless, yes they saved the club and we are all thankful. But they haven’t done much of merit since and it’s about time we as fans start holding them to account for that. They can either step up or **** off if you ask me
I posted about this when they first come and was changing the faded seats in the Carling Stand, nobody cares about cosmetic shit like that. It’s not important
Diggerthedog

NBDag wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:52 am Stevens has been set up to fail we all know this. I don’t think he should be sacked, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is. They deliberately offered him a cheap contract so that he can be sacked easily.

But sacking him won’t change anything, instead the owners should be backing him. Maybe we should change the topic to how much time are we going to give these owners? It’s not just Thommo doing a bad job. Freund & Unger are clueless and invisible. They’re cutting our playing budget whilst paying Todd Johnson god knows how much to no real benefit for our results. They’re also wasting money on the changing rooms for players that aren’t good enough to be in the conference. These owners are clueless, yes they saved the club and we are all thankful. But they haven’t done much of merit since and it’s about time we as fans start holding them to account for that. They can either step up or **** off if you ask me
Their not paying Todd anything, he is a new investor and was at Maidenhead last week and has spent the whole last week at the club meeting with sponsors and members to see what’s happening and what he thinks can be changed. I spoke to him at length and he listened to it all, supporters ask for the yanks to bring in their own guy and they’ve listened and done it yet people still moan. The budget is a different issue, my understanding they’ve given less to see what can be done and then build it up but it’s currently not working so expecting changes on that front or we could be relegated.
NBDag

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:34 am

Their not paying Todd anything, he is a new investor and was at Maidenhead last week and has spent the whole last week at the club meeting with sponsors and members to see what’s happening and what he thinks can be changed. I spoke to him at length and he listened to it all, supporters ask for the yanks to bring in their own guy and they’ve listened and done it yet people still moan. The budget is a different issue, my understanding they’ve given less to see what can be done and then build it up but it’s currently not working so expecting changes on that front or we could be relegated.
I did not realise that - I was under the impression he is just a new employee. Yes we did want them to bring in their own guy on the hope he would be better than Thommo. But that doesn’t mean their presence is job done. The owners need to start showing that they can actually do right by this club as the last 2/3 years has shown that they do not have the faintest of clues.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Suppose it all depends what the owners expect. If they told him they just want to survive which to me looks the most likely secenario then they will more and likely stick with him.

As Bill Shankly once said football is an easy game, it is and can be very harsh.

There are a few simple facts.

To survive you need to win games.
To win games you need to score goals.
To score goals you have to shoot at the goal.

This sesson thus far we dont seem able to shoot or create chances to score and the only Person who looks a threat is now out following last weeks events.

Teams that dont score goals dont win games , teams that dont win games get relegated. Managers of teams that look like they will get relegated get the sack.

I am with Stanton, perhaps not so brutal but however good their intentions are the owners appear to be prertty clueless about British football.

However Stanton the fear i have is what comes next. Most of our supporters fell for the bollocks that a certain amount of shares would be held by the Members to ensure that a bloke like Tamplin would never get their hands on the Club. All that has happened since they took over is they have increased their sharholding that makes the Members share holding irrelevent.
No questions have ever been asked about this situation, that had people blowing smoke up their arses when they first took over and the supposed safety net it provided.

As i see it today they could put this Club up for sale and sell to anybody and that includes People like Tamplin , so like you i am not as impressed by these Owners as some but at the same time you better be careful what you wish for.

Remember Arthur Daly, the same People who wont hear anything said about the currrent owners had the same love him with him. He used the pretty feeble excuse of some flags to bail out , this lot will probably be more honest and say they are no longer going to throw money at a dead duck.

One things for certain this current squad needs improving and if it dont get improved its getting relegated.
Diggerthedog

They’re still throwing plenty of money in just not as much as that model wasn’t working. A big chunk of it is still being used to pay off previous players and ex manager with his awful team and the glistening contracts they got after a couple of wins 2 seasons back. Those contracts are all up at the end of the season but it might be too late by then.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well he did not win the sack race, that honour has gone to Bradbury at Eastleigh. Guess who has been linked for that job