Friendly: Leyton Orient (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Another interesting friendly against local rivals Leyton Orient. Orient is now in League 1 after coming in 1st place in EFL L2 last season.

I should have asked this before the West Ham friendly but if anyone can drop a link to some photos or maybe some short 10 second movies from a phone that would be fun to see; more of the crowd than anything.

Once regular season starts I am sure DaggersTV on Youtube will provide some highlights.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
DaggerJoel11

A decent performance with many positives against what was essentially League One Orient's strongest side; the quality of players like Darren Pratley and George Moncur would have posed a great challenge for us. With that in mind, the performance of trialist Conor Lawless was particularly impressive and he has now done more than enough to merit a contract. We certainly would not be giving him a full game, 10 days before the season if not convinced the same.

After shading the first half, our control slipped shortly upon the restart with Johnson's dreadful miscontrol culminating in a leveller which, alongside their rapid injections of fresh legs off the bench, brought a change in ascendancy. Thought we ultimately stabilised well to preserve a point.

---------------------------------------------

GK: Elliot Justham
LWB: Myles Weston
LCB: Elliott Johnson
CB: Tom Eastman
RCB: Harry Phipps
RWB: Sam Ling
CM: Jake Hessenthaler ↪️ Josh Hare (46')
CM: Conor Lawless*
CAM: Josh Rees
ST: Inih Effiong ↪️ Frank Vincent (55')
ST: Sydney Ibie ↪️ Aaron Blair (67')
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:45 am A decent performance with many positives against what was essentially League One Orient's strongest side; the quality of players like Darren Pratley and George Moncur would have posed a great challenge for us. With that in mind, the performance of trialist Conor Lawless was particularly impressive and he has now done more than enough to merit a contract. We certainly would not be giving him a full game, 10 days before the season if not convinced the same.

After shading the first half, our control slipped shortly upon the restart with Johnson's dreadful miscontrol culminating in a leveller which, alongside their rapid injections of fresh legs off the bench, brought a change in ascendancy. Thought we ultimately stabilised well to preserve a point.

Without being too critical after two decent results, wasn't one of the West Ham goals at the weekend direct from a mis control via Johnson at the back?

My confidence in this season goes down seeing him still as a starter XI player.

No mention at the game of any other trialists? I thought after the match time he has had so far that we would be after the wing back Payne.
len

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:45 am A decent performance with many positives against what was essentially League One Orient's strongest side; the quality of players like Darren Pratley and George Moncur would have posed a great challenge for us. With that in mind, the performance of trialist Conor Lawless was particularly impressive and he has now done more than enough to merit a contract. We certainly would not be giving him a full game, 10 days before the season if not convinced the same.

Agree that it was again a decent performance against a good time, I thought however that Conor Lawless looked lightweight in midfield, he seemed to run around a lot but not actually do too much. I was disappointed that Lewis Page another trialist was not playing because he is someone that I think would be a good signing.
DaggerJoel11

Lcbdagger wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:45 am

Without being too critical after two decent results, wasn't one of the West Ham goals at the weekend direct from a mis control via Johnson at the back?

My confidence in this season goes down seeing him still as a starter XI player.

No mention at the game of any other trialists? I thought after the match time he has had so far that we would be after the wing back Payne.
Yep, trying to shield the ball instead of hacking it away and was robbed by Cornet.

This was last night's one - https://twitter.com/leytonorientfc/stat ... sycHQ&s=19

Friendly or not, it's a snapshot into what Strevens can expect if he has Johnson anywhere near the starting eleven from August 5th.

Lewis Page has barely kicked a ball in two years so after playing 75 mins on Saturday, we didn't want to overdo it with him. Would be a seriously top drawer signing and hopefully one that comes to fruition this week.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''