Abu Ogogo off to Millwall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

£250k plus a few add ons. Cheap in my eyes.
Lcbdagger

Is this concrete? Unfortunate if he does go but I would imagine a discussion was had with 11 months of contract left where he told the manager he wouldn't be discussing a new contract at this point... no need to lose him on a Free.

Cracking final goal us as a goodbye present if this is true. Big loss for me but if it moves Chambers back in to the middle with Howell and Boucard and we get Porter/ Brown etc out wide then not the end of the world.

Interesting to see how it affects Howell getting forward and how the midfield copes from a defensive point of view as Abu always played every match like it was an FA Cup final.
leewilson

If it did happen, it would be the biggest loss to the side since Benson left.
redboy

Abs is a top bloke and deserves to play at a higher level.

However................if this goes through, why does this happen to us so many times where we lose one of our top players at the eleventh hour? The transfer window never benefits smaller clubs like ourselves. I want to see 250k of talent on the pitch, not earning 1% interest in the bank !!!!
matt_drfc

This rumour came from an Orient fan on twitter, it may be true, but equally it may not..
NickMurphy

Can't see it myself.

Millwall don't seem like a club who'd shell out that sort of money for a midfielder who may or may not make the grade in the Championship. Hope I'm right anyway.
Lcbdagger

The laugh a minute site that is 'football rumours' has us signing Gary Borrowdale today... At least it's a left back although no idea where this one came from
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:The laugh a minute site that is 'football rumours' has us signing Gary Borrowdale today... At least it's a left back although no idea where this one came from
And Marcos Painter.

Oh and Wayne was going to Huddersfield and Colchester today.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

This went well
Lcbdagger

We shouldn't get too excited until the Loan window has gone too... no doubt any move we don't think will suddenly will in fact suddenly re-appear when Millwall can Loan Abu until the end of the season and then magically purchase him in January anyway
SUSSEX DAGGER

It may not have happened now it may not happen in January but as sure as night follows day it will happen. The only thing that keeps him at The Daggers next season is promotion.

Good luck to him, was not convinced about him at first in Midfield but he has been a revolution over the last season and a bit. With his ability as a right back already proven some Club higher up the chain will take a punt on him sooner or later.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:It may not have happened now it may not happen in January but as sure as night follows day it will happen. The only thing that keeps him at The Daggers next season is promotion.

Good luck to him, was not convinced about him at first in Midfield but he has been a revolution over the last season and a bit. With his ability as a right back already proven some Club higher up the chain will take a punt on him sooner or later.
Interesting to see if he leaves like Vincelot and gets stuck back at RB again until a new team realise how good a midfielder he is... even if he isn't Championship quality necessarily, his attitude alone will go down well at a club like Millwall with the fans... they tend to like 'Millwall type players' who chase every ball down, win tackles and generally don't stop running for 90 minutes.

Still not convinced he will fit in to a team playing a 442 as he needs a natural dfeensive minded player to let him get forward
ARNU

This is our most consistent player.Not just this season but pretty much ever since he's been here.Always give 100% and never injured.If anyone deserves a move its this fella.How many of the players that have left us in upwards moves are actually lb for lb better than Abs ?

I'm scratching my head.Cant actually think of anyone.Obviously want him to stay but who'd deny him a chance like that ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

Yeah agreed Arnu.

There isnt a single player in our current squad more deserving of a move to a bigger club and he'd go with my very best wishes. That saying id love for himto stay with us, something probably only that would happen if we had a remarkable promotion.

To think a LOT of fans didnt want him in MF - more probably to do with just how good a RB he was. Its all absolute credit to him thay he's made that position his own!