Abu Ogogo off to Millwall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote:Yeah agreed Arnu.

There isnt a single player in our current squad more deserving of a move to a bigger club and he'd go with my very best wishes. That saying id love for himto stay with us, something probably only that would happen if we had a remarkable promotion.

To think a LOT of fans didnt want him in MF - more probably to do with just how good a RB he was. Its all absolute credit to him thay he's made that position his own!
He was a good CM when he started there... I still maintain he was the league's best RB at the time
Richie

ARNU wrote:This is our most consistent player.Not just this season but pretty much ever since he's been here.Always give 100% and never injured.If anyone deserves a move its this fella.How many of the players that have left us in upwards moves are actually lb for lb better than Abs ?

I'm scratching my head.Cant actually think of anyone.Obviously want him to stay but who'd deny him a chance like that ?
I'd personally say Green was. But I agree with the sentiment, would certainly not begrudge him a move up the ladder
ARNU

Richie wrote:
ARNU wrote:This is our most consistent player.Not just this season but pretty much ever since he's been here.Always give 100% and never injured.If anyone deserves a move its this fella.How many of the players that have left us in upwards moves are actually lb for lb better than Abs ?

I'm scratching my head.Cant actually think of anyone.Obviously want him to stay but who'd deny him a chance like that ?
I'd personally say Green was. But I agree with the sentiment, would certainly not begrudge him a move up the ladder
Green was one of our best but with time memories fade.Green did have a rather anonymous spell or two,I remember ranting about it at the time and Stilly even dropped him.Abs only got dropped the once by Still for giving a penalty away early in his time with us.Green had a few red cards and I think its fair to say although he's had a brief career at a higher level he has now found his true limit in league 1.On his day green was fantastic though.Just not sure he maintained any sort of consistency elsewhere.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote:
Richie wrote:

Green was one of our best but with time memories fade.Green did have a rather anonymous spell or two,I remember ranting about it at the time and Stilly even dropped him.Abs only got dropped the once by Still for giving a penalty away early in his time with us.Green had a few red cards and I think its fair to say although he's had a brief career at a higher level he has now found his true limit in league 1.On his day green was fantastic though.Just not sure he maintained any sort of consistency elsewhere.
Green is a bit like a 37 year old Kevin Phillips... you would have him in your League One team if you were chasing promotion and he may help you get up... but he is unlikely to stay in your team once promoted and will go back to another top half League One side
TheLion

Unless our crowds increase dramatically, then Abu is probably the only fit player who can fetch any income for the club which will keep keep us going after this season. The Gayle gold will be exhausted by next May.

I will be pleased for him but concerned for our club.
Richie

TheLion wrote:Unless our crowds increase dramatically, then Abu is probably the only fit player who can fetch any income for the club which will keep keep us going after this season. The Gayle gold will be exhausted by next May.

I doubt we'd spend the £1.5mill (?) on Dwight in 18 months
Diggerthedog

Richie wrote:
TheLion wrote:Unless our crowds increase dramatically, then Abu is probably the only fit player who can fetch any income for the club which will keep keep us going after this season. The Gayle gold will be exhausted by next May.

I doubt we'd spend the £1.5mill (?) on Dwight in 18 months
Very unlikely. Plus we have a couple of more players with sell on values if they continue to improve. Not sure why anyone would be concerned.