Friendly: West Ham (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Jackalope

Highlights and a match report from West Ham:

https://www.whufc.com/news/highlights-d ... ham-united

https://www.whufc.com/news/cornet-and-m ... ggers-draw

For the record, West Ham brought 7 first team players, most of whom played for an hour, and a total squad value of £130 million (according to Transfermarkt).
McLeansvilleAppFan

I did not check my email until AFTER the match but I noticed it was on MixLR. I can listen to the archives later I guess.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Jackalope wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:24 am Highlights and a match report from West Ham:

https://www.whufc.com/news/highlights-d ... ham-united

https://www.whufc.com/news/cornet-and-m ... ggers-draw

For the record, West Ham brought 7 first team players, most of whom played for an hour, and a total squad value of £130 million (according to Transfermarkt).
That should score games on a cost/goals with the lowest cost declared the winner.

That was fun to watch and I bet fun to be in the stands with a full stadium.
NBDag

2-2 against West Ham is pretty decent even if it is a preseason. Hopefully more results like this to come in August.

It feels like we are starting to forge a much closer relationship with West Ham, would there ever been an opportunity for us to start taking loan players from them again?
len

Not sure what the official attendance was yesterday but would imagine around 5000 which seemed quite full. I do remember however, the old Dagenham fc playing Reading in the fa cup in 1967 when there was 7200 at Victoria road. I know the layout of the ground was completely different then with the Bury Road end just having a grass bank and probably we had only about 500 seats in all but it still seems amazing that there was that many inside our small ground.
Floydman

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:42 am I did not check my email until AFTER the match but I noticed it was on MixLR. I can listen to the archives later I guess.
Really really sorry but we had issues with the MiXlr feed at the beginning of the match yesterday and for some unknown reason on this occasion the feed wasn’t recorded.

The official attendance yesterday was 4996!

Mike
McLeansvilleAppFan

Floydman wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:27 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:42 am I did not check my email until AFTER the match but I noticed it was on MixLR. I can listen to the archives later I guess.
Really really sorry but we had issues with the MiXlr feed at the beginning of the match yesterday and for some unknown reason on this occasion the feed wasn’t recorded.

The official attendance yesterday was 4996!

Mike
Thanks for the note and glad I have the ear of the commentary folks. I have the same handle on the Mixlr channel, though it seems some of those regulars are not on this website or if they are they are using a different username.
Oxhead

Missed the game but having watched the highlights Eastman looks a miserable tired old man, hope he’s better than he looks
BB-Dagger

len wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:17 pm Not sure what the official attendance was yesterday but would imagine around 5000 which seemed quite full. I do remember however, the old Dagenham fc playing Reading in the fa cup in 1967 when there was 7200 at Victoria road. I know the layout of the ground was completely different then with the Bury Road end just having a grass bank and probably we had only about 500 seats in all but it still seems amazing that there was that many inside our small ground.
Don’t you mean the pondfield road end??, Bury end has had steps since I first attended in the 60’s
RayleighDagger1986

len wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:17 pm Not sure what the official attendance was yesterday but would imagine around 5000 which seemed quite full. I do remember however, the old Dagenham fc playing Reading in the fa cup in 1967 when there was 7200 at Victoria road. I know the layout of the ground was completely different then with the Bury Road end just having a grass bank and probably we had only about 500 seats in all but it still seems amazing that there was that many inside our small ground.
Gate receipts and bar takings must have cleared £60k
len

Yes sorry meant Pondfield Road end. Bury Road end had a clubhouse behind the goal up to the early/middle of 60s.
Lord Snooty

Yes, the Bury Road clubhouse used to be where the players changed. They used to come out onto the pitch from beside the left hand side of goal. In the seventies the clubhouse was briefly reopened for events. As part of the refurb they laid a new concrete floor – I know this because I helped my Dad lay it. The clubhouse is gone now but the concrete base is still there. Quality.
len

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:28 pm
Gate receipts and bar takings must have cleared £60k
Yes, agree it was a good amount of cash generated and was a decent side that West Ham put out to test us. I thought it was also a very entertaining game and would hope that West Ham do this on more regular basis.