Friendly: Hornchurch (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Two levels below the Daggers.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Cabaret138

This could be a good test, they have made a lot of good signings and appear to be going for automatic promotion this season.
Lcbdagger

Cabaret138 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:16 am This could be a good test, they have made a lot of good signings and appear to be going for automatic promotion this season.
Nathan Green, Ollie Muldoon, Jack Munns, Greoge Saunders, Ade Yussuf... close to getting an ex-Daggers XI out against us
McLeansvilleAppFan

Lcbdagger wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:37 am
Cabaret138 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:16 am This could be a good test, they have made a lot of good signings and appear to be going for automatic promotion this season.
Nathan Green, Ollie Muldoon, Jack Munns, Greoge Saunders, Ade Yussuf... close to getting an ex-Daggers XI out against us
Is my assumption that Hornchurch is a mix of pro and amateur correct? Is that normal for that level? I assumed that deep into the pyramid was amateur save one or two players on some clubs.
Diggerthedog

Don’t know the in and outs but they’re a semi pro club, will be paid per game they play in whilst having another job.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:17 pm Don’t know the in and outs but they’re a semi pro club, will be paid per game they play in whilst having another job.
A couple hundred pound a game or lucky to get meal money?
Lcbdagger

Anybody at the game today with any knowledge who our number 4 is in midfield? Looks sharp
Mark

Conor Lawless.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:17 pmConor Lawless.
Cheers... Big improvement needed on this when we get going with the season. Getting out passed and out muscled by a side divisions before us. Two of their players only joined this week so not even a side who know each other better.

Bring on the second half
Mark

It doesn't shock me. We have made a couple of quality signings but overall in the squad we are a long way short. I would guess the lack of recent signings is budgetary and hence we might not see the improvements we need at all.

I don't like wingbacks with the players we have, I don't think it will work unless we make significant additions. Especially when you field a back 5 like today comprised of only 1 player with any physical qualities.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Finished Daggers nil-1 Hornchurch.

Well, just a friendly.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:18 pm It doesn't shock me. We have made a couple of quality signings but overall in the squad we are a long way short. I would guess the lack of recent signings is budgetary and hence we might not see the improvements we need at all.

I don't like wingbacks with the players we have, I don't think it will work unless we make significant additions. Especially when you field a back 5 like today comprised of only 1 player with any physical qualities.
I'm not a huge Longe King fan, but if he and Phipps are on the bench and we are playing Johnson and Ling in the middle of a 3 we have learnt nothing from last season.

Weston looked on it second half but we could have played a third 45 minute half and wouldn't have troubled their goal.

Aware its pre season but when Ade Yussuf and George Saunders are giving us the run around its a long way from where you want to be come season's start.

Thought Lawless looked tidy and confident on the ball but not sure what the 24 in midfield or the 5 at the back would bring to the squad... no idea who either is so apologies.

Hope one player comes in to provide some offensive improvement as the trialists all seem to be defenders and midfielders so far.

Agree on the limits of us paying a 352 but it seems to be the future... Managers of or club see something in it with the players we have.
RayleighDagger1986

When Effiong went off, we looked very light up front.
Blair, technically looks good but lacks that stature, strength, build to lead the line
NBDag

Personally I thought that Lawless was a mixed bag. Clearly has an eye for a good pass, and worked hard off the ball. But he had a fair few passes out into touch, which weren’t the fault of the receiver. And overall anyone playing today should be a bit worried about next season. The number 5 was pants, and I don’t remember the 24 really getting a touch in the second half as we only had a plan of route 1.
DaggerJoel11

GK: Justham ↪️ Strizovic (46')
LWB: Hill ↪️ Weston (46')
LCB: Johnson ↪️ Phipps (46')
CB: Eastman ↪️ Trialist (46')
RCB: Ling ↪️ Longe-King (46')
RWB: Hare ↪️ Ling (46')
CM: Trialist - Lawless
CM: Vincent
CM: Rees ↪️ Trialist - Smith (46')
LS: Ibie
RS: Effiong ↪️ Blair (46')

90 minutes for Ling, Vincent, Ibie and the trialist Lawless. None for: Tavares (again), the exiled Mussa, reportedly outgoing Onariase, and trialist Page who is believed to be injured.

Hare and Weston were impressive, especially the latter, but part of a limited number in that regard as it was quite a poor performance whereby we didn't look remotely creative or threatening from open play.

Results in pre-season are of course immaterial but certainly plenty of take-aways for Strevens nonetheless.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''