Friendly: Romford (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Whose this Terry guy?
DaggerJoel11

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:26 am Whose this Terry guy?
Alfie Terry, signed into our youth setup in May.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Only two games in I'm aware... but are we using Weston as a central striker now?
jag

I have just listened to the interview given with Lewis Young after the Romford match last night , can somebody please arrange for Lewis to attend a media class, and soon, because I lost count of how many times he told me to listen during the interview, it got so bad that I have forgotten what the hell he was going on about, more importantly he must be boring the pants off the players during his coaching sessions, it would be good to hear from anyone who agrees with me on this.
BB-Dagger

It’s just another figure of speech that creeps into everyday language, I don’t find it as bad as people who say “like” every other word or start every reply with “so”
It’s just the way the yoof of today speaks like
NBDag

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:03 am
2 youth players + 2 development players in Blair and Ibie are so far featuring quite a bit in our pre-season. I hope we are still looking to sign something stronger than that. I think Ibie and Blair are worth giving a chance. But let’s be honest our youth set up is pants and we’ll need much better in our squad next month
Diggerthedog

Still need to offload Mussa and Manny to release some more budget for further signings which I understand are lined up, no reason we would not have signed others already.

Mussa has to be the worse signing we’ve ever made in terms of investment and return, can’t even get rid of him and he was not invited back for preseason.Thanks Daryl.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:24 am Still need to offload Mussa and Manny to release some more budget for further signings which I understand are lined up, no reason we would not have signed others already.

Mussa has to be the worse signing we’ve ever made in terms of investment and return, can’t even get rid of him and he was not invited back for preseason. Thanks Daryl.
Agree with the above on Mussa but, for me Manny is playing enough of an important role in the first two pre-season games to suggest we may see a change on his future going forward. I would be surprised if Mussa isn't back in Blegium, hence the reason he hasn't been involved in pre-season... Expect this to be a 'mutual agreement' contract cancellation soon rather than us formally offloading him. Really curious one as you would think he would at least get in a look within a wider squad after Robbo and Sagaf left us.
RayleighDagger1986

Thanks DaggerJoel11.
I must have missed that one.
Dagthat44

jag wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:25 pm I have just listened to the interview given with Lewis Young after the Romford match last night , can somebody please arrange for Lewis to attend a media class, and soon, because I lost count of how many times he told me to listen during the interview, it got so bad that I have forgotten what the hell he was going on about, more importantly he must be boring the pants off the players during his coaching sessions, it would be good to hear from anyone who agrees with me on this.
Nice to see our fans are still as petty as ever. Unbelievable addition to the coaching staff, but because he says listen, Jag's patience has worn thin.
Dagthat44

NBDag wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:30 pm
2 youth players + 2 development players in Blair and Ibie are so far featuring quite a bit in our pre-season. I hope we are still looking to sign something stronger than that. I think Ibie and Blair are worth giving a chance. But let’s be honest our youth set up is pants and we’ll need much better in our squad next month
Terry looks like a very good player from what i have seen, as does Franz. That Terry is technically very sound, and seems very composed on the ball. Havent really seen him put a foot wrong yet. A good loan deal could really help, but agree, for this year we need to bolster and sign a few more players of real quality.