ULEZ Charges

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Got a letter this morning from TFL

The only time I have ever driven in a London Borough is for football.

The letter informs me that my current car does not meet the standards and will face a daily charge.

Imagine they got my details of the Dartford Toll.

Can avoid driving for afternoon games but can't for evening hamrs as can't get home. Just wondering what effect this new stealth tax is going to have on our gates
hockley dagger

Got a similar letter to Sussex. As I expected it knocks out games when there isn't a rail service (Boxing Day for a start). It won't help gates.
Dagdale

Painfall one this and could see this coming ages ago especially after allowing someone like Khan to run the show! As someone who just lives outside 'the belt' Self employed and running with a Diesel van 4 system and with my customers built up over 35 years they have sadly seen the last of me in manors like Barnet, Southgate and Finchley and a burden recently after receiving a very slight arch knock and the bods trying to write it off which I had to fight to keep at 67 with just a few more years to try and work to manage. But I do feel very sorry for so many stuck inside the boundaries with the more added stress which is hardly needed as of late, oh and by the way a few weeks back did viewers see how United Kingdom was positioned a fairly comfortable mid table on world polution levels, ok not perfect but over the years stricter exhaust immersions are improving cities vastly. Its a delicate subject I know but being for weeks on various visits to South East Asia over 20 years and travelling in many cities there why wasn't these places been getting to grips with it or giving help years back, are China and India working on this?
len

It is very admirable to want to reduce emissions but with many things scientific there appears lots of mixed opinion as to whether this will actually work of not. Also with the cost of living crisis and lots of people and businesses struggling, it does not seem an ideal time to introduce such a scheme. Also cynics would argue it is merely a money making scheme.
stanton101

Slimy horrible man killing businesses and livelihoods all over London.
len

stanton101 wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:29 pm Slimy horrible man killing businesses and livelihoods all over London.
Cannot disagree with that!
Daggerman

Fact is the ULEZ charge has little to do with air quality around the outer London area, this stealth tax is purely a way for our retarded mayor to add funds to tfl due to his own incompetence. And as far as opposition politicians promises to reverse this charge is just b@llocks, unfortunately it’s here to stay.