Sagaf Gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

He has just announced on social media.

May as well just give up now, start focusing on winning the NLS in 24/25.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

:(
Dagthat44

Sagaf asked for more money than he is worth and was turned down. Rumours he then declined a bid which see him on more money than last year (this i'm not sure about).

The budget has been clearly cut, and signings like Josh Rees do not fill me with confidence going forward (expect he will be announced this week). I think we are a mid table team at best, and would not be surprised if the owners start to wind up and leave. Which in all honesty, have they set any foundation for the club to move forward? We could've achieved the same on a shoe string budget.
len

A great shame because he has been such a good player for us and will not be easy to replace. I would have thought he will have no trouble finding a new club. Always gave one hundred percent and I wish him well.
RayleighDagger1986

Dagthat44 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:21 am Sagaf asked for more money than he is worth and was turned down. Rumours he then declined a bid which see him on more money than last year (this i'm not sure about).

The budget has been clearly cut, and signings like Josh Rees do not fill me with confidence going forward (expect he will be announced this week). I think we are a mid table team at best, and would not be surprised if the owners start to wind up and leave. Which in all honesty, have they set any foundation for the club to move forward? We could've achieved the same on a shoe string budget.
Josh Rees or not, we have no midfield (apart from Mussa, whose on the transfer list).
At least 3-4 players for that position alone is clearly needed. There will be some comings I expect in the next few weeks
NBDag

Josh Rees seemingly signed yesterday. So with Sagaf just announced officially I’m sure we’ll announce that very soon to stop people talking about the bad stuff.

It’s all just very tiring recently seeing what’s going on at the club.
Lcbdagger

Dagthat44 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:21 am Sagaf asked for more money than he is worth and was turned down. Rumours he then declined a bid which see him on more money than last year (this i'm not sure about).

Fascinated to see who and how we looked to determine what he was worth... Essential player to have kept on, in my opinion if we wanted any decent top half run next season.

Will be a huge bonus for whichever team he ends up at.
Dagman

It is sad that Mo has gone as he always gave 100% but at times he seemed to not have the physical presence to combat the opposition (the game at home to Chesterfield highlighted this where he seemed to be bounced off the ball all the time despite his best efforts).
It was clear from the first few games of last season that the midfield was lacking and we were played through too easily (the first 20 mins of the Gateshead game in particular were painful to watch).
I think the loss of Comley was a big factor in this and was never really addressed, perhaps Mussa was thought to be the answer but he is not the type of player to command midfield. Therefore during the season this resulted in games where we seemed to have no control of the midfield and simply got success from counter attacks.
Therefore it may not be a bad start in the rebuild to change the way we play in midfield which could also give more protection to the defence.
I look forward with interest to see who comes in and how Strevs sets up the team.