Southend United

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick Dagger

Auntie Merge

They might not have until then… the players and staff have not been paid again. I wonder if they can overcome this, and whether they will start the season with a points deduction.
Or If a sale doesn’t go through soon, the national league might decide the club won’t last the season, and kick them out.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/235591 ... -payments/

I really feel for the fans on this.
Daggerman

F#k em
BB-Dagger

So once again the courts grant them another 42 days grace!
Makes you wonder if the likes of you or I would be given so many chances if we had regularly dodged paying our tax.
Mick Dagger

BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 pm So once again the courts grant them another 42 days grace!
Makes you wonder if the likes of you or I would be given so many chances if we had regularly dodged paying our tax.
Surely the National League will not let them start the season with a winding up order hanging over them.
Auntie Merge

Mick Dagger wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:07 pm
BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 pm So once again the courts grant them another 42 days grace!
Surely the National League will not let them start the season with a winding up order hanging over them.
It isn’t only the winding up order.
Some of the playing staff have still not been paid for 3-4 months. I understand the players on contract have been paid.

They currently have an embargo on signing any players, so not sure they can field a full team.

It’s whether the National League wants to allow this to continue. If they are allowed to continue surely they should be facing a hefty points deduction.
NBDag

All the National League wants is to not be forced to make a decision. They don’t have the brains to realise what’s right, and they definitely don’t have the balls to do what’s right. They’ll give Southend a small points deduction tomorrow and the club will be wound up in 6 weeks time. With the league directly causing the worst case scenario they were hoping to avoid
BB-Dagger

So now BT … erm… TNT have chosen our game against the tax dodging pikeys as their televised game on the 12th with a 5-30 KO, This could backfire if they aren’t allowed to play! Or is this a sign that they are going to be let off by the authorities?
I smell something rotten going on behind the scenes
Dagdale

Is that so? Especially present situation with Southend United. I really can't understand why this has taken so long to deal with this and keep getting put back? From my understanding looking from the outside in and briefing up on the Shrimper forum Martin has around 300K to bring to the table and how the hell can a team with just 13 players in the squad without being able to train for ages plus a fair amount of personal with no wages and the club under an embargo set up on the starting grid from August 5th? Very strange all this!
Cabaret138

I can't see any way that Southend will be in the league, they have cancelled their game tomorrow against Billericay
McLeansvilleAppFan

Would the NL just run with 23 teams and any fixture against Southend just become an open date or do the pull up a team from NLS to take their place which creates a domino effect going down the pyramid.

This late it seems they would just go with 23 and promote an extra team next year.

Are they hoping someone swoops in and takes over. Would paying back wages and taxes be enough to purchase a team for someone that wants in on English football? Seems like this could be a cheap way to get a hand in the action, if one could find someone with money, maybe overseas money.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
HGDagger

Far too late to reprive a team to replace Southend. It will have to be a 23 team league. Similar to when Dover pulled out a couple of years ago.
Auntie Merge

Update. Their friendly with Billericay is cancelled.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2 ... cancelled/

‘We regret to inform supporters that tomorrow’s pre-season friendly against Billericay Town has been cancelled.

Due to some injuries to contracted players, we are unable to fulfil a matchday squad.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused.’

[I’ll move the SUFC posts to a Southend thread]
RayleighDagger1986

With a transfer embargo and the fact they can't field a starting XI, surely they would be unable to fulfill there fixtures and at present they are unable to prove that with the NL. Just a matter of time.
Im wondering if the club have given Southend tickets to sell for the 12th August fixture?