Signage

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Big catchment area for sure but the borough and surrounding area is made up of ethnic minorities who have no interest whatsoever in watching football of any level, this will not be changing anytime soon.

We are a small fish in a very big pond in terms of location and football. I think we should try the leaflet drop with a voucher/discount and see the response for at least one game and see what return there is. Leaflet hand out when we have kids for a quid outside schools would be a start.

Even if you had a page in the programme with a list of local companies and by return they display a poster is another one.

In the main success will bring in the crowds.
ARNU

I don't think the people of Redbridge even consider D&R their team.We don't even have a song with the word Redbridge in it.Id imagine if you lived in Redbridge you'd be more likely to support Orient ,WHU or Spurs.It definitely aint Dagenham country.And before someone tells me they live there and do support the daggers...you are in a very very small minority.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Masked Man

Dagdale wrote: buy that commercial cleaning shop on the corner of Vic Road, I often talk about it as 'Broom hole corner', never ever seen any body in there, maybe just a storage shop but its right on main road Rainham Road South and a great spot for people looking over from buses, cars etc and make it our club shop, surely it would be far better than that portacabin
That would make a fantastic club shop!!
mickeyblue

i remember we had this before on vindelot forum (lol)

at the time i was working in the hole that is canvey island and at every roundabout, there is a sign stating what games they have next.

we should defo have 1 at the bull roundabout and asda, it give every1 stuck in a13 traffic something to look at at least.

think i said it on there before being shot down but we dont put anything in local schools unless its kids 4 a quid or anti racism day.

my boys both go to the closest schools to the club.

arnu 4 advertising manager at the daggers!
but we finished 9th!
searmh

as the ground is sponsered by the council...LDBD..they wouldnt have an issue with us advertising on roundabouts and such, maybe even on or near council property
Diggerthedog

searmh wrote:as the ground is sponsered by the council...LDBD..they wouldnt have an issue with us advertising on roundabouts and such, maybe even on or near council property
The Council should really be in full support, what other attractions bring in people to the area?
ARNU

mickeyblue wrote:i remember we had this before on vindelot forum (lol)

Who is the current advertising manager ? If he/she hasn't thought of these ideas already I will track down Kevin maher and get my hat back.
And if they have thought of these things and decided they are a waste of time would they please explain why.

If I could get the average attendance up by 200 people all spending £18 for entry on the door each home game that would = £82.8k increase in takings per year.How much should I be paid ?? (The £18 entry fee would be my biggest hurdle)
mickeyblue

ARNU wrote:
mickeyblue wrote:i remember we had this before on vindelot forum (lol)

Who is the current advertising manager ? If he/she hasn't thought of these ideas already I will track down Kevin maher and get my hat back.
And if they have thought of these things and decided they are a waste of time would they please explain why.

If I could get the average attendance up by 200 people all spending £18 for entry on the door each home game that would = £82.8k increase in takings per year.How much should I be paid ?? (The £18 entry fee would be my biggest hurdle)
all proceeds go towards roof at bury rd ;)

as for council, u only have to ask permission pffft there all signs there already from letting agents mainly.

i dont think it make a big difference personally, not at £18 a pop anyway.
but we finished 9th!
Ilford Dagger

Chigwellian wrote:Half the catchment area isnt even targeted (Redbridge, Waltham Forest and Epping Forest)- an area with quite a high population .... and the club dont even attempt to get these people.
Very true, also just to stir things a little most fans only refer (still after 22 years) to the Club as Dagenham & not Dagenham & Redbridge as do most of the Press & Media. Agree that most people in the area cannot be bothered to come & in all likelihood never will.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The late Great James Alexander Gordon always did as he always did for Brighton and Hove Albion.

Wonder how many Charlton fans are going to Brighton and Hove Albion tomorrow or are they just going to Brighton.

How many People said they went to Wimbledon this year as opposed to those who said I went to the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club ?

Must admit I do think our full title is the one I prefer to hear.
admin
Site Admin

A lot of good ideas but I think someone should put it all through to the club rather than post it on here, that would be more effective. It would be interesting to hear their response. There must be a way of arranging a bit more advertising. Other clubs in our league do it. However although it is worth doing, I can't see it attracting any more fans. I don't think the people of Dagenham are interested in the club and for the most part the club has done everything they can. The only thing I can think to do is reduce the match day price. £18 is a lot and other clubs in our league are a bit cheaper.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think the walk up price of £18 is about par, when you think that Hartlepool wanted an eye watering £25 .

Ok it is accepted they were seats but the majority of the 70 stood the entire game and at least we have a choice.

Still think that the walk up price hike of 40 % on Junior prices added to the 9% reduction in the age band was the biggest shot in the foot.

Mums at work and Dad has the two kids, an afternoon at the Daggers came in under £30 not so long ago now it is heading for £40.

Always felt that anything that cost more then you could earn in the time it takes to enjoy it is by this very fact expensive.

You can advertise where and how you like but economics will always dictate and despite the propaganda about the economy improving there are still many not even at the Station let alone on the gravy train.
Dagdale

Have you ever thought about say if our boys were mid to late season running on table first or second and having only lost our first two matches, and looking well good for promotion. how much more over the gate would we collar, 500 odd maybe if we're lucky? Even when we went one up to League One we hardly had a tight fit terrace. Its just unfortunate that many people especially people who take an interest in footie nationally have no interest what's so ever in a side that's not getting big publicity, Sky and premiership and saturating viewing have taken the sparkle away long ago, and living in an area close to a club generally doesn't make any difference. When we travel away and talking to locals, many we meet just like our manor havn't a clue why we're up there visiting their 'local team' they too don't venture through the turnstiles and feel it can become a frustrating business at times. But a big but, there are quite a considerable number of people now (like myself) who have long ago lost the gloss of watching regularly a higher Division team wrapped in millions and feeling just a number so love the outlet of supporting 'a little club' and feeling a part of it. Had a drink with the Chairman the other day after Hartlepool, impressed seeing Steve Thompson walking around terraces chatting and taking fans views quite often, you don't see that higher up much! Wouldn't swap it for the world. Real life at lower realms and just great, there just could be a few more coming our way soon!
Masked Man

We should actually change our song to 'No one likes us' (but we do care!)....
ARNU

Interesting (and rather welcome) that this should appear on the Daggers website today.

http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/h ... 93441.aspx

I'll put one in my car window.