Signage

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

dagger4eva wrote:The club do a great job of producing match day posters - or recently posters containing details of upcoming home games for the month ahead.

I know for a fact these are readily available for collection at the ground in order for fans to be distributed and put up in shops etc. (not that this fact is advertised)

I've also suggested a couple of times to the club that these same posters are made downloadable via the website for people to simply print off and distribute. Am still waiting for this to happen.........
Chuffed this has finally happened. Something I've pushed for for a while!

Now I hope everyone will be doing there bit to print off and get that word spread.... well, stuck in a few shop windows!! :D
matt_drfc

You and your posters, Sussex and his highlights, whatever next.... Maybe a roof, Arnu, maybe :lol:
Dagger In The Heart

Loving the poster a lot, think they've done a great job with it. Hopefully it makes a noticeable difference to encourage them to keep doing it and potentially move on to other ideas!

Would do all I can to advertise the club, but living in Sussex there isn't really any point....
SUSSEX DAGGER

You would be surprised Dagger in your Heart. Over the years we have brought along at least a dozen People who have enjoyed it and been again since, they all have one thing in commom however,they all work Saturdays.

Amazes me that we never followed example of other European Countries that play their games at a time when the majority of People are off work. namely a Sunday.

Surely it don't take Einstein to work out that it is easier to attract People free from Work commitments, or perhaps I am being to simplistic. We often fill the empty seat in the Car for midweek games but because of the reasons stated hardly do it on a Saturday.

Really do think this is something the Club should explore, you cant do it as a one off but over a series of games and prthaps promote it in the various ways suggested.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:You would be surprised Dagger in your Heart. Over the years we have brought along at least a dozen People who have enjoyed it and been again since, they all have one thing in commom however,they all work Saturdays.

Amazes me that we never followed example of other European Countries that play their games at a time when the majority of People are off work. namely a Sunday.

Surely it don't take Einstein to work out that it is easier to attract People free from Work commitments, or perhaps I am being to simplistic. We often fill the empty seat in the Car for midweek games but because of the reasons stated hardly do it on a Saturday.

Really do think this is something the Club should explore, you cant do it as a one off but over a series of games and prthaps promote it in the various ways suggested.
Worse idea ever to play on a Sunday, you have to compete with kids football and adult football and not forgetting suoer Sunday on sky. Not sure many would watch us play Mansfield over Arsenal Vs Liverpool on the box in the middle of winter. I referee on Sundays along with at least 5 other regulars I know of and would be unable to attend. Football for me is a Saturday afternoon 3pm game, let Sky ruin the top level and monopolise kick off times.
Dagdale

And Friday night football doesn't seem to successful too, clubs like Tranmere Rovers, Accrington and quite a few others havn't pushed their receipts high at all. Just goes to show on a general scale what saturation Sky football has done to modern League football and BT sport are getting on the act too, although to be fair are showing more lower realms football like Conference and in Clem they have a man who is very understanding to our levels and ideas are spot on.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:You would be surprised Dagger in your Heart. Over the years we have brought along at least a dozen People who have enjoyed it and been again since, they all have one thing in commom however,they all work Saturdays.

Worse idea ever to play on a Sunday, you have to compete with kids football and adult football and not forgetting suoer Sunday on sky. Not sure many would watch us play Mansfield over Arsenal Vs Liverpool on the box in the middle of winter. I referee on Sundays along with at least 5 other regulars I know of and would be unable to attend. Football for me is a Saturday afternoon 3pm game, let Sky ruin the top level and monopolise kick off times.
Didn't we once have a Sunday game a few years ago and the attendance was poor?

+1 for Saturdays. Sundays are family days, roast dinners, and vegging out in front of the telly.
Richie

Surely the majority of people are off of work on Saturdays anyway. Not with you on that one Sussex