Halifax Bore Draw

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Dullest game all season today.
Need a clear out.
Keep Sagaf,Ling,Justham and Phipps. I like Robbo as well. So bored we didn't bother staying for the pitch invasion. How did George Saunders get motm??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I went up to Kama after the game and i said ‘will you be here next season?’

He just said ‘no. It’s not my decision. But that’s the decision that has been made’.

So, that’s my takeaway from today
Pondfield Dagger

Robinson the only one to come bury road end at final whistle he is definitely off! Sunny afternoon and floodlights on all game what are you doing tommo lol Edit. Spoke to a few of the lads. Ling, robbo they are gone. Justham, bolanta, weston all staying
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chalky69

Thoroughly enjoyed the match. Disappointing result in view of the last minute penalty miss. Sure we will be missing a few faces next season but that’s football. Onwards and upwards!
Chigwellian

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:43 pm I went up to Kama after the game and i said ‘will you be here next season?’

He just said ‘no. It’s not my decision. But that’s the decision that has been made’.
Who is Kama?
Danamite

Kamakaze = Matt Robinson
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:30 pm Dullest game all season today.
Need a clear out.
Keep Sagaf,Ling,Justham and Phipps. I like Robbo as well. So bored we didn't bother staying for the pitch invasion. How did George Saunders get motm??
Some things need explaining Arnu. When you find the answer to that the next question is how in God's name did three Members of one of the worst defences in this League ,a defence that has cost us at least a playoff spot end up being 1 2 and 3 in the Player of the season award.

Another thing, we can see a return to hoof ball is very much coming back to Victoria Road and expect a team more akin to looking like a rugby team recruited in the summer which will need two quality wide men of which both Saunders and Weston proved today that they are simply not up to playing in
EssexDagger!

Robinson not being offered a new deal? The yanks cost cutting continues then.

Admittedly not a great season by Robbo’s own standards but he has credit in the bank after his performances the previous couple of seasons.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry but his best days are behind him and I can see the reasoning and thinking behind it.

Even more logic when a return to hoof ball is adopted next season as simply we need a midfield made up with physical strength.

Obviously it's the Managers decision who is after all a DAGGER, all the owners do is set the budget its up to the Manager how he spends it.

On this occasion your cannons are pointing in the wrong direction
Diggerthedog

Robinsons best days are behind him? He’s 28.

I’d prefer us to be more direct and physical, it’s what this league is all about. Just looking at the title race the team winning it are the ones that don’t play pretty football.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:52 pm Robinsons best days are behind him? He’s 28.

I’d prefer us to be more direct and physical, it’s what this league is all about. Just looking at the title race the team winning it are the ones that don’t play pretty football.

You might have something there. As for Robbo obviously disappointed but it's clearly a Management decision and to blame the owners seems a touch harsh.
Diggerthedog

I’ve heard two stories, one the budget is smaller and two it’s the same but no mid season Darylesque budget top ups. Anyway seeing as the owners don’t bother showing up anymore so we can’t ask some questions or release any kind of end of season statement today it will remain hearsay.
NBDag

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:43 pm I went up to Kama after the game and i said ‘will you be here next season?’

If true this is a mistake. I’m shocked if Strevs does want rid of him as he is clearly one of the very very small few that actually really care about the club. Doesn’t have to be a starter next year but he deserves a place here
RM1Dagger

The first half was even. The second half even worse! 😁 ...Can't knock Effiong for his overall contribution,but let's be fair pens aren't his thing are they? He looked utterly crestfallen at the final whistle like he'd just missed one to win the world cup or something so he clearly cares.

I've not committed to next season yet, the atmosphere in the ground has become almost depressing, representative of some of the performances I suppose...
Now the SE27 Dagger
AVincelotFlyingLeap

https://twitter.com/MattRobinson231/sta ... 93505?s=20