Season over then

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

Same old rubbish. Players are already on the beach. Might as well book a holiday for April
ARNU

Strevens out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggerman

As the Dork King supporters sang “how shit must you be we’re winning away” I thought… I know how shit we are, I’m a season ticket holder! But not for much longer, when it’s going tits up next season I won’t be obligated to go
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:30 pmStrevens out.
Arnu all joking aside mate but the last four games against all sides in the bottom half of the table must be some of the worst I have seen or heard to describe to me In years. Yes I know we are depleted but surely we have enough about us still to not lose even if we don't win games against these teams with very limited ability.
redboy

I only caught the 2nd half. Regardless of what side you put out, you expect players to try. Most were ambling around, few broke sweat. The goals were both horrendous and the response even worse. A decent turn out today but the players let the fans down which is unacceptable.

Maybe if the owners got off their butts and witnessed at first hand what dross they were investing in, on and off the pitch they will realise how far behind we are.
Diggerthedog

Season was over in the reverse fixture when we got drubbed 5-1 and the MD still decided to back the manager. This club will never move forward, plain and simple.

I honestly think the Yanks will cut the budget ans like us they’ve probably see enough of their money being pissed up the wall, but only themselves to blame for trusting mong chops. Strevs will be thrown under the bus next season, wouldn’t be surprised to see us struggle at the other end.

Club is a shambles and we all know why, very close to not bothering anymore.
ARNU

Yeah that Dorking away game has to be the worst performance I've ever seen us play. And we had some arguably better players that day in Walker ( who I think got sent off) and Morias.

Good to "Big Sid" get a runout today but nothing else even "whelmed" me.

Strevs needs to build his own side. Clearly he hasn't improved anything at all so far. Might as well have kept Darryl.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Not sure what Strevs is meant to do in this scenario, arguably he had even worse player than Daryl had to pick from and is left with the rest who simply don’t care bar 3 or 4.
Dagdale

With 6 games left I'd be surprised if we accumulate 6 points a third, witnessing the last two games players just seemed to have thrown in the towel and even like a fair few fans now want the season done, don't see any point even talking about any dross witnessed todaY, my only real concern will we have a fairly decent budget from the owners come Summer to fortifie and push thi??s team into a good standard. And if it does stay as bad they'd better do a good offer on Season Tickets?
Mark

It is so galling how we've yet again collapsed with a sniff of the top 7. You won't hope for 2 easier games on paper, 6 points takes you within 2 of the playoffs, instead we're now looking at a bottom half finish.

I am not surprised as I really don't think we're a good side and it wouldn't matter anyway as we'd lose at the first hurdle. But might have given a little boost going into next year rather than this total collapse.

We've dropped 6 points to Dorking and Yeovil, 5 to Gateshead, 3 to Torquay, Scunthorpe and Oldham. It points to a total lack of professionalism and a weak mentality. I'm not saying we have the right to walk over the bottom 8 but we have to do better than that.

My list of players I'd look to keep is reducing by the week.
ThatRoundThing

£25 on Daggers to lose each game from now on should return a profit.
NBDag

Season was over before last season even finished. As we dished out a huge contract to a useless manager who tied down his useless mates with long contracts and recruited more shite to play alongside them.

And here’s a spoiler: next season is over already too. As we still have useless players under contract and our best players are either already out the door or are ready to swiftly follow Junior and Josh. Despite Strevs best efforts we won’t properly replace them and all of this comes down to two things:

1) Thommo being well out of his depth and not fit to grow this club and oversee what’s going on here. I don’t think he doesn’t care etc. he is just incompetent. Simple as that.
2) Our precious owners being well out of their depth. They haven’t hired their own “football person” to run the club as they aren’t football people and don’t know any football people!! Their other football club is the same level as Romford Town U11s, they don’t know anything about how to run a club.

Ultimately if we want to see this club progress we need Thommo to retire and the owners to get down to the brain cell store and pick a few up. Not holding my breath for either to happen this summer.
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:52 pm Not sure what Strevs is meant to do in this scenario, arguably he had even worse player than Daryl had to pick from and is left with the rest who simply don’t care bar 3 or 4.
I'm not blaming Strevs at all for our current state as a club and first team.
This is the cause of one man, Thommo, who for years has slowly run this club into the ground. No ambition, no heart, and certainly no bollocks to make key decisions as and when.
As for fans on hear talking of turning there backs next season, for me, more than most, whoever puts on a Dagger shirt next season, needs us, the 12th man. It might be shite but unless we turn up, theyll be no club. Let's make some noise for the boys.
Diggerthedog

Mr MD had a pint thrown over him last night, result of the season for me.
Danamite

Give who ever did that to him Player of The Season. Cause none of the players on the pitch deserve even a sniff at it.