York

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So which dagenham side are going to show up today? The one at Notts who gave everything or the one at Maidenhead that reverted to type? This is not a game for a bet that’s for sure.

Would like to see players like Mussa and Ibie given a game, they’ll be here next season so might as well get them playing.
GNB

If Gritt and Jupp think Rance starts, sack them now.
GNB

2 right backs, 1 in the middle, 1 at left back. 🤯
Best midfielder at right back.🤯
Morias wide. 🤯
Rance starts.🤯first time Morias is moving central, we score.
GNB

Despite the win.
Despite the Rance goal.
All looked too familiar, players playing out of position, thought McMahon was still on the bench.
Clear the lot out, but no one in the frame.
Mark

This lot need to follow McMahon out asap.
Diggerthedog

Can’t knock a win so won’t. Yay.
DaggerJoel11

Fair play. Second consecutive Saturday we've overturned a deficit to win having only done so once all season beforehand. Nowhere near a good display today but the mini-spells we produced were enough to beat a limited side.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Fair play for the win - decent bit of effort, especially after going behind..good to see Effiong & Morias linking up well too :smile:

That said, having that many players starting out of position is a result of the imbalanced & pretty average squad that has been accumulated by both Daryl McMahon & Steve Thompson over the past few years.

There is a tonne to sort out - hiring another manager isn't the sole item that needs fixing at the club.

COYD
Corinthian

Good result , scrappy game and in my opinion York probably deserved a point.
As previously comments state, players out of position and my view Robinson and Rance were outnumbered in midfield. Sagaf looked bewildered and fed up as a right sided defender and we needed his energy and grit added to midfield . In all honesty despite the victory I could not see a coherent game plan. Manny and Ifiong both had good games which was positive and Rance and Robinson battled well. However as a team we have played better and lost . We need a Notts county performance on Tuesday against Wrexham .
COYD
SUSSEX DAGGER

Very disappointed in York . They were nowhere near the side myself and me old mate Hockley Dagger saw up there only a few months ago. Then again we have lost to worse sides

Thought both defences were pretty woeful to be honest but we had a bit more threat in the last third and that is what won the game.

Really like to see Morias and Effiong play a bit closer together as they combined well for the first goal . Two bits of quality from Morias set up the two goals and he was my mom.

We have serious problems sgain in defence if Phipps and Long King ( the latest sicknote) are out any length of time a weakness that Wrexham will exploit Tuesday night.

Left again with the feeling that 7th is really not a high bar and it is a complete failure if we don't make it ,which I don't think we will
jag

A good result against a pretty good York side which caused us a few problems in the first half, although Junior has not been scoring for some time he made both goals especially a great pass for Deano to head home, but can anyone tell me why Deano came running over to the Sieve afterwards was it to celebrate and shake the hand of somebody or was he having a go at a fan who may of been having a go at his performance as there was a few in the Sieve including myself who was getting frustrated with him but fair play to him as he always works hard for the team.
hockley dagger

As Sussex to me as we left the ground, it wasn't a memorable game but you'd take the win all day long. Very different from the away game where we were absolutely battered but got a draw.