Season Ticket: No
26%
Pay on Day: Yes
5%
Pay on Day: No
32%

Total votes: 19
Diggerthedog

Whose going is the main question, not sure I have ever know most of the people I know say they’re not bothering, really is a silent protest and I can easily see a crowd of about 700 with whatever shots bring.

As for the match, our main goals creator Weston out for 6 weeks leave us with nothing, 3-0 shots.
NBDag

Yeah I will be going - although I’m not sure why. Would probably enjoy watching two teams I don’t give a sh*t about in the champions league more than us right now. Think the only reason I’m going is to make sure McMahon hears that we all think he’s a waste of space.
Auntie Merge

I would usually going to this; I like the people I sit with and there are Aldershot friends I hope to see.

However, when you go and watch your team you hope it somehow will lift your spirits. You want to feel part of the club, You want to feel like you belong. You want to feel welcomed. Even if you lose, you feel the sense of belonging.

There is currently none of this with the Daggers and I really don't want to sit watching another load of crap. Yes, we might win 6-0 but I am not convinced that any win will bring forward the changes that this club drastically needs, on and off the pitch.

As you know I sit behind the manager, and have done for over 20 years. The managers who had success bring the club together as a whole. They engaged with the supporters, threw themselves wholeheartedly into the club. They were the club, even when we were losing, they were still there with us and accountable. Whether they said we were their boyhood club, or whether they stood on the coach encouraging us the week before they resigned, it doesn't matter, but they kept the club together as a whole. They showed leadership on and off the pitch.

The ones who fail on the pitch, tend to keep their distance from the supporters from day one - they don't engage with the supporters, they can barely keep control of the team, let alone bring the club together.

What worries me most is that without the family atmosphere at the club, without the togetherness, you really have nothing. The things that draw you to go on cold February nights have gone. With this, so do the sponsors, the sales in the club shop, the bar takings, and probably next season, season ticket sales.

The cost to the club of keeping a failing manager in a job is far greater than letting him go at the first opportunity. Other clubs see this. It is about time we started to as well.
Mick Dagger

I wouldn't bother tonight if it wasn't for the fact that I have a season ticket.
DaggerJoel11

Not a single person I know is going. I've never been closer to staying away myself because it's so tiresome.

After blaming the dressing room then lack of reinforcements in the past week, I wonder if it's the fans turn to be the reason for a defeat.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

Seems like there will be well below a thousand tonight. The club are now posting on social media “We NEED your support”. Pathetic of them to try and play that card with fans when we are ignored and treated with contempt by management and some players. If they don’t like what they’re seeing with ticket sales then they know what to do…
ryo198122

I use to wake up thinking yesss the daggers are playing tonight..... but now I wake up thinking oh no the daggers are playing tonight.... is this just me
VIEW FROM THE STAND

Well said Auntie.
True Daggers sentiments.
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
BB-Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:33 am I would usually going to this; I like the people I sit with and there are Aldershot friends I hope to see.

However, when you go and watch your team you hope it somehow will lift your spirits. You want to feel part of the club, You want to feel like you belong. You want to feel welcomed. Even if you lose, you feel the sense of belonging.

There is currently none of this with the Daggers and I really don't want to sit watching another load of crap. Yes, we might win 6-0 but I am not convinced that any win will bring forward the changes that this club drastically needs, on and off the pitch.

As you know I sit behind the manager, and have done for over 20 years. The managers who had success bring the club together as a whole. They engaged with the supporters, threw themselves wholeheartedly into the club. They were the club, even when we were losing, they were still there with us and accountable. Whether they said we were their boyhood club, or whether they stood on the coach encouraging us the week before they resigned, it doesn't matter, but they kept the club together as a whole. They showed leadership on and off the pitch.

The ones who fail on the pitch, tend to keep their distance from the supporters from day one - they don't engage with the supporters, they can barely keep control of the team, let alone bring the club together.

What worries me most is that without the family atmosphere at the club, without the togetherness, you really have nothing. The things that draw you to go on cold February nights have gone. With this, so do the sponsors, the sales in the club shop, the bar takings, and probably next season, season ticket sales.

The cost to the club of keeping a failing manager in a job is far greater than letting him go at the first opportunity. Other clubs see this. It is about time we started to as well.
I’m not usually agreeing with some of the comments on here but this pretty much sums things up.
I’m going tonight in the hope that we can either turn things around or we get a complete Tonking and leave the club with no choice other than change the management.
Diggerthedog

No Effiong, gentleman’s agreement not to play him in place. Can we be anymore embarrassing.
Auntie Merge

Attendance : 1216.
135 Aldershot
1081 home fans
Danamite

Mcmahon will get another 10 games grace now because we've finally managed a win. On the positive side of things George Saunders was excellent tonight and Angelo Balanta too you can just see he has class about him, he's touch, the way he plays the game. Positive game tonight hopefully it continues.
Diggerthedog

Two bits of magic from Balanta’s finish and Hare’s cross for the second goal other than that it was ok against a really bad side.

Only unbeaten in 25 Notts away next, good luck setting up against that Daryl. Big bump back to earth coming up.
NBDag

Yupp, 2 individual moments of quality saved us tonight. But the same old habit of switching off in the final stages luckily didn’t cost us tonight. But make no mistake in any other game we would have probably lost and we will get f****** walloped on Saturday. Just because we won does not mean that people should now let off with the noise calling for Daryl to be sacked. He still desperately needs to go.

On a positive note - that referee was probably the best I have seen at this level. Not sure if we have ever seen him before but I doubt we will again if he runs every game like that. Ibie also looked useful when coming on. If we had a squad bigger than 12 I’d like to see him loaned out to the league below for some full 90s to then bring him into the squad for next season if he carries on looking the part.
RM1Dagger

Yeah we played pretty well for 25 mins second half and should have been more comfortable. I think Saunders did quite well but Balanta for me stood out a bit more with his deft touches, link play and neat finish. I'm not sure I entirely agree about the ref; sure we've seen much worse but couldn't believe how many times Shots' players went to ground after seemingly innocuous challenges. A tactic normally reserved for time wasting when winning. Ref could have dealt with that better possibly.
Now the SE27 Dagger