Scunthorpe Away Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

Tuesday is THE opportunity to let the MD, manager and players know what we think of this s**t. I've been watching Dagenham for a long time and I know from experience that once the crowd really turn on the manager his job becomes untenable. Think back to Burnett v Bristol Rovers, Taylor v Bromley or even Cusack v Slough back in the day. The verdict from the crowd was unmistakable and Thompson was forced to act. He won't sack himself so he will need to throw McMahon under the bus.

As someone said earlier in this thread, The Dagenham and Redbridge job is by far the safest in football. No club in the country fails to act in the way we do when results turn. We always leave it too late, hoping that our mediocre managers somehow turn it around. We can't let him off the hook again on Tuesday unless we put in a resounding performance from the start.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
DaggerJoel11

Another truly awful day following this football club.

McMahon needed a defiant reaction after issuing his latest dressing room condemnation but instead got another dreadful performance to prove beyond all doubt that the players are not responding to him anymore. He cannot keep hammering them every week nor really adopt an arm-round-the-shoulder approach now so it really should be the end. Yet we all know it probably won't be.

The players came right over to the fans at the end and you could see some were visibly gutted. Junior Morias in particular worked tirelessly but due to the incompetence of the manager was receiving the ball out wide all the time rather than the areas he has caused most danger for us. Sagaf being the other wide man is another example of the square pegs approach we constantly adopt. Then, when 6' 8'' Sydney Ibie came on, he did so out wide instead of through the middle to attack crosses alongside Effiong. Incredible really.

The circus at half time summed it up. Players back out 7/8 minutes before Scunthorpe's, no coaches on the pitch, a few zinging diagonals to eachother while the rest had a chat. All in all I'm slowly beginning to lose hope in this football club. Notts County next week will be far worse too.

Nobody particularly covered themselves in glory but that first half from Elliott Johnson is the worst I've seen a Dagenham player produce this season which really is saying something. Thankfully we have tied him down to another year though as well as Manny Onariase and David Longe-King.

You have to laugh.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Eagleman3449

Hate to think what the crowd might be Tuesday against Aldershot, they aren’t doing to bad now so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we turn them over, thing is how a.many hardy Dagenham fans will be there to witness it if we do?
Diggerthedog

Not me unless the manager is gone, I think voting with your feet is the best option now as they clearly don’t listen. Be lucky if 800 bother.
NBDag

I think I’ll be going but only to make it perfectly clear that McMahon has to go. Win or lose.
stanton101

So now according to Daryl it's down to injuries, selling players, and a lack of squad depth! You really couldn't make it up, could you.
I always thought that those things were part and parcel of football, obviously they're not and have completely flummoxed our glorious leader.
I also thought that having a contingency plan would work in your favour, should such remarkable events occur, but I guess Daryl relies solely on devine intervention to see him through such tough times.
I was also enlightened further by his realisation that Scunthorpe had five or six new players playing yesterday and that our bench was a tad thin on the ground.
I'm going to tune in again after we get our arse handed to us by Notts County, to see what his views are about the war in Ukraine and also if he thinks we'll be able to put a man on Mars by 2030.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Eagleman3449 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:10 pm Hate to think what the crowd might be Tuesday against Aldershot, they aren’t doing to bad now so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we turn them over, thing is how a.many hardy Dagenham fans will be there to witness it if we do?
The rot has already set in . Surely anybody with a pair of eyes and a half decent understanding of numbers have not been taken in by the over inflated gates in re ent weeks.

For the past 15 years I have followed this Club everywhere , once clicking up 200 consecutive games. Yesterday morning I got to the Station ready to embark on an 11 hour round trip and had this sudden thought.

That thought was what the hell you doing ?

What the hell you thinking ?

This Manager don't deserve anymore support.

There are Players who don't deserve your support.

With those thoughts I turned round and went home.

This conclusion has taken me a bit longer for me to come to then some others, but like many others I have finally arrived at it.

If the owners read this forum perhaps they might act

The figures can't be dressed up for ever and it is those figures that may make them act
Dag82

stanton101 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:59 pm So now according to Daryl it's down to injuries, selling players, and a lack of squad depth! You really couldn't make it up, could you.
I always thought that those things were part and parcel of football, obviously they're not and have completely flummoxed our glorious leader.
I also thought that having a contingency plan would work in your favour, should such remarkable events occur, but I guess Daryl relies solely on devine intervention to see him through such tough times.
I was also enlightened further by his realisation that Scunthorpe had five or six new players playing yesterday and that our bench was a tad thin on the ground.
I'm going to tune in again after we get our arse handed to us by Notts County, to see what his views are about the war in Ukraine and also if he thinks we'll be able to put a man on Mars by 2030.
Another thing from that post match interview..... We need some new signings he said...... why the f**k would they give him another penny to spend, based on his track record of signing disasters over the last 3 years !!.
But having said that, he spoke like a bloke who knows he is nowhere even close to getting the boot from the spineless people who run this club.
So there is nothing left to do now but vote with our feet.
There is a great little non league club just a couple of stops along the district line, called Hornchurch FC, they would probably be happy with about 500 new season ticket holders next season, maybe we should all push off down there ?.
RayleighDagger1986

Protesting with your feet is one logical way of showing your disgust at the current set-up, but to purchase a season ticket at snother Club is beyond loyalty imo
McLeansvilleAppFan

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:39 pm Protesting with your feet is one logical way of showing your disgust at the current set-up, but to purchase a season ticket at snother Club is beyond loyalty imo
Yes, this. At some point one will cross the Rubicon in support of the Daggers, and I hope no one goes there. Protest seems to be the right course of action but stay a Dagger and not throw your support to another club.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 Whether an idea-bereft Daryl McMahon retained authority within the dressing room largely hinged upon them issuing a defiant response to his latest barbed condemnation, but what transpired instead made it clear there is no way back.

💬 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''