Looked good.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Thought we were pretty good today.Hemmings,Bouchard and Chambers stood out but Abs,Howell and Thug all had great games.No complaints from me.Mansfield were a big and bullying team totally outclassed today.Where was Wayne anyway ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

You made your point weeks ago so is it really necessary to keep calling someone thug?
Adrian

Though pretty muh everyone except Connors had good games.

Partridge looked good, apart from the silly challenges that led to him getting booked.
Chambers gets us going forward and is nearly always looking to go towards goal. Cureton is a different class, its so easy to see why he's played at a higher level.

For a team with so many big players I can't work out why they didn't but a decent cross into the box once in the whole game.
Mikins

Very good game IMO, bit wobbly at the back, Doey didnt have a good first half but largely redeemed himself, connors was just crushed it seemed confidence wise, the Mansfield players had him totally beaten most of the time (except R-Head, who was crap) and his passing was just worrying, to the point that Hemmings refused to feed the ball to him later on.

Going forward we looked very dangerous, and whilst some people were getting seriously angry that we werent hammering them with shots I think that was part of the gameplan, Chambers literally embarrassed their defence at one point by pissing around on the edge of the box for half a minute keeping the ball to himself, the frustration and inability on their part to win the ball became glaringly obvious and he and Hemmings ran total rings round them.

Dont know where Wayne was but good to see the boys kept to the gameplan, kept it on the deck and generally outplayed Mansfield across the park.
Sorry about your damn luck!
dagger4eva

Agree with all these comments. Even the thug one (leave it plz arnu)

Much like the Morecambe game l thought the 1st goal was vital. Difference being we got it today which totally threw mansfields game plan out the window.

Defence and keeper was assured throughout barring some hairy moments from young connors.

Broke regularly from defence with pace, trickery and skilly and with a bit more luck and possibly composure couldve run out 3-4 nil winners!

Anyway nice to build on the hartlepool result and things SEEM to be coming together nicely!

When you also consider all the players we still have to come back in to the fold the possibilities for what could be achieved this season should excite everyone!!!
Lcbdagger

lupins wrote:You made your point weeks ago so is it really necessary to keep calling someone thug?
A perfect assessment of the game... thanks Matt Partridge for your contribution??

For what it's worth Chambers, Hemmings and Howell played a blinder going forward... Boucard broke up play brilliantly but some of his short passing was all over the place at times... Abu is relishing getting a chance to get forward with a real defensive midfielder in the team and Cureton (even approaching 40) is too good for this division with his movement, touches and general footballing brain.

no need to destroy him after a win but surely Connors must sit a few games out... his positioning can always be a bit suspect but today even roll outs from O'Brien or balls across the box from Doe or Saah had him flaling over, miscontrolling the ball or playing a 6 yard first touch off for a throw in... heard more than a few personal comments directed his way from The Sieve, even at two-nil and it can't be good for his mental state... even his best attacking foray ended with a scuffed cross going off for a goal kick. Quite a few people noticed that he wasn't even getting a pass his way in the second half form his own team mates.

Not certain we will face a worse team this season who had won two of their first three games... in attack they had nothing to offer
Lcbdagger

dagger4eva wrote:When you also consider all the players we still have to come back in to the fold the possibilities for what could be achieved this season should excite everyone!!!
Really interested to see where the squad goes when we have Murphy back... the three man attack/ 3 man midfield is starting to make a lot of sense now... can't see how we can keep Cureton out of the starting XI with his movement and link up play
dagger4eva

Agreed that whilst fit and playing as he currently is, cureton is almost undroppable! Rhys on fire is equally as lethal and Doidge is MEANT to be class.

A good problem to have!
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll done lads great effort after two away games. Matt Partridge is getting better by the game and what an asset he brings going forward.Every ball he played into their box at least gave them something to think about.

Pleased to see how we managed the game today. Two clean sheets in a row has to be applauded. Let's hope that poor Jack gets confidence that was ouzing out more then one of ours today sadly he looked again totally shot.

We'll done to the Goalkeeper but don't he half play to the gallery.
redboy

Sure signs that things are beginning to click. Some nice interplay through midfield and on another day we may have scored a few more. First time we've beaten a physical side for ages, so another plus there. Arnu thinks we have 1 thug, but they had a full side. How could you pay money to watch that every week?

Apparently Wayne had some family issue to attend to.
leewilson

Patridge is very good. I actually quite like him as a right back. Comfortable on the ball and keen to offer overlapping support. He puts a decent ball in as well. I liked the fact first half that instead of just whipping one in he got his head up and hit a low crossfield pass to Howell on the penalty spot which nearly resulted in a goal.

Cureton won't be able to play in every match and Wayne's even kind of said that he'll need to manage him as the season goes on. Still, even if Murphy starts some games, what a lovely option Cureton is from the bench with 20-30 minutes to go. Tiring defenders will not like him spinning in behind. At the same time, Doidge aerially will be a great option late on. It's hard to put your finger on who will turn out to be our number 1 striker at the minute. I'd say the 3 of them are all in with a shout. Cureton's link play as a lone man is class. I feel he links better than Murphy does but then again, I feel Murphy is almost a lesser experienced version of Cureton. He should relish training and playing alongside him. Doidge then is a completely different option but I think he could really be a top top player and could well nick the limelight over the course of the season.

Things always feel so much better after a win. Now come on then Dagenham, a trip to Oxford next week, the only team not to pick up a point yet. I'm convinced we'll find a way to lose that game but hopefully the boys surprise me.
TommyD&R

I might be wrong, but I think that's our first back to back league wins since about October
Adrian

One thing I hope we do is look at the things that worked well today, and bring them into our play more.

We looked much more dangerous when we moved the ball forwards and quickly, rather than knocking the ball sideways or backwards a lot. There were times when we lost the ball because we weren't going forward.

We got a lot of dangerous balls into the area from wide. They were dangerous because they were kept low, and there's not much point in pinging in high crosses with our current front line.

The second goal came because we played a free kick forward quickly rather than sideways or backwards. This has been something I've found very frustrating, we get a free kick around half way, and play the ball short and end up behind where we started and let the opposition to get organised.
SUSSEX DAGGER

TommyD&R wrote:I might be wrong, but I think that's our first back to back league wins since about October
A tough trip away to Oxford who must have a team of Jack Connors confidence wise. Good time to be playing them the only stat that worries me is when was the last time we won three league games on the spin .
ARNU

lupins wrote:You made your point weeks ago so is it really necessary to keep calling someone thug?
I disapprove of the ease at which rapists,murderers,drunk drivers,wife beaters and thugs are just accepted in football.I have to lump it though don't I,football and indeed our club happily perpetuate what I see as a moral problem ? So the very fact that I have acknowledged his fine efforts today is actually a step forward.The nickname will remain till I get bored of it,and hopefully this will coincide with my being convinced hes a changed man.Marlon Kings is still rapist by the way and no doubt many of you who chastise me for this little nickname,ironically will happily join in a chorus of "Murderer" if and when lee hughes comes and plays at ours again.Unless of course we employ him then I suppose I'll have to shut up about that too.(Which I wont)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !