Looked good.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
lupins wrote:You made your point weeks ago so is it really necessary to keep calling someone thug?
I disapprove of the ease at which rapists,murderers,drunk drivers,wife beaters and thugs are just accepted in football.I have to lump it though don't I,football and indeed our club happily perpetuate what I see as a moral problem ? So the very fact that I have acknowledged his fine efforts today is actually a step forward.The nickname will remain till I get bored of it,and hopefully this will coincide with my being convinced hes a changed man.Marlon Kings is still rapist by the way and no doubt many of you who chastise me for this little nickname,ironically will happily join in a chorus of "Murderer" if and when lee hughes comes and plays at ours again.Unless of course we employ him then I suppose I'll have to shut up about that too.(Which I wont)
I think the point has been made by you and the way you feel and people just get bored of you spouting the same old crap. Like a comic regurging the same old material.

Think young matty had played ok with today being his best game,some of his balls today were excellent and Batt could have some trouble getting back in the side. Very good performance today long may it continue.
USADAGGER nick

ARNU, here is our stance (at least my stance), we know how you feel, but now that he is on OUR team, playing for the same goal we want, I believe that he deserves the respect to be called a name a little more respectful than thug. He's done his penance (as far as I know) and therefore is on the mend of his ways.
Lcbdagger

USADAGGER nick wrote:ARNU, here is our stance (at least my stance), we know how you feel, but now that he is on OUR team, playing for the same goal we want, I believe that he deserves the respect to be called a name a little more respectful than thug. He's done his penance (as far as I know) and therefore is on the mend of his ways.
Nobody doubts his football pedigree Nick, but just playing Devil's advocate to those having a go at ARNU, read the story about him again... he has almost certainly served no 'penance'... the fact he didn't do jail time for what he did is incredible

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -dock.html
Adrian

I've said previously that I disagree with us signing him in the first place.
However, to continually bring up what he did isnt going to change that we've signed him and isn't going to benefit anyone, except those that are lucky enough to have never made mistake and seem to know that neither they nor their loved ones ever will.

He was punished for his crime. Whether or not you, me or anyone else thinks the punishment was sufficient is largely irrelevant. It's not for us to decide what the punishment should be.
NickMurphy

Very happy with that performance today, and as I'm sure someone has said, to get the goal right on the stroke of half-time was a big bonus, and very pleasing as it's usually the sort of thing that we tend to gift to the opposition going into the break. Thought some of the passing was sublime as well, not sure if I'm over-exaggerating in saying that some of the triangles we did today was some of the slickest passing moves I've seen us play - honestly thought we were very good. There's so much to love about the side when it all clicks, Chambers in particular really excites me going forward, although if he'd have a pop on his left foot from time to time that'd be great as well. Hemmings/Boucaud were also great, and Partridge who is increasingly becoming my favourite player, was brilliant again. I think I just like the fact that when it all clicks, we're very exciting to watch, especially when compared against Mansfield who I thought have actually gotten worse since that awful 0-0 draw here last season. The thought of having Cureton/Murphy/Doidge in the near future alongside the brilliant options we have in the midfield also fills me with a lot of confidence.

So yeah, onwards to Oxford next week, where hopefully we can make it three on the bounce.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:I think the point has been made by you and the way you feel and people just get bored of you spouting the same old crap. Like a comic regurging the same old material.
Im glad I bore you.If you wish to condone the disgusting behaviour of others just cos they can play football then that's your choice.Mine is not to condone it and protest instead(allbeit in a rather harmless way).I suppose you think the Plymouth keeper getting his job back is also fine ,I mean he is a footballer after all,only killed 2 little boys but he can save a penalty now and then.Maybe we could try sign him and rapist chet evans and you could defend them too and tell me how boring I am at the same time.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

USADAGGER nick wrote:ARNU, here is our stance (at least my stance), we know how you feel, but now that he is on OUR team, playing for the same goal we want, I believe that he deserves the respect to be called a name a little more respectful than thug. He's done his penance (as far as I know) and therefore is on the mend of his ways.
No he hasn't. Hes a thug. Read up on it before you tell me who to respect.If he was anybody else you'd agree with me he acted like a c**t,and wasn't punished in the least.But hes a footballer so that's ok in your book too.Thug is an affectionate nickname I can asure you.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:I think the point has been made by you and the way you feel and people just get bored of you spouting the same old crap. Like a comic regurging the same old material.
Im glad I bore you.If you wish to condone the disgusting behaviour of others just cos they can play football then that's your choice.Mine is not to condone it and protest instead(allbeit in a rather harmless way).I suppose you think the Plymouth keeper getting his job back is also fine ,I mean he is a footballer after all,only killed 2 little boys but he can save a penalty now and then.Maybe we could try sign him and rapist chet evans and you could defend them too and tell me how boring I am at the same time.
Where have I condoned it? Get over yourself you embarrassment.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Where have I condoned it? Get over yourself you embarrassment.
****** off you wanker.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote: Where have I condoned it? Get over yourself you embarrassment.
****** off you wanker.
:roll:
Dagdale

Very pleasing performance today, probably one game that I can honestly say we took control of completely, can't quite put me finger on what ,if there was one, was Mansfield game plan, maybe it would take away from our boys the credit they deserve, but they just couldn't seem to keep the ball for long. We were just so more adventurous and our creativity between two to three players especially joining up nicely together on attack was great to watch, they seemed to beam more confidence as the game progressed. Could easily have been a 4-0. Not only is it nice to pick up three points on a win but even better when its been nice football to watch. Really hope it sets us up as a side to be taken seriously.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote:Think young matty had played ok with today being his best game,some of his balls today were excellent and Batt could have some trouble getting back in the side. Very good performance today long may it continue.
Quick prediction from me - Batt will never play for the club again. Been retired for 6 months, clearly unfit and second fiddle to Partridge who was excellent today.
USADAGGER nick

I find it rather insulting you insinuate that I think what he did was "okay" because he's a "footballer", and to that I say **** off. What he did was more than appalling and probably should have gotten more than what he got, but from what I read, he did get tried in a court of law, got sentenced, and served/is serving his time.

If this was any other person in any other industry I would have said the same thing. He did his time, he's had no other instances that we know of, so he deserves another chance and chalk it up to a 19/20 year old kid doing a stupid thing. If he does something similar again, I'll re discuss this whole "thug" issue
Lcbdagger

Hopefully with the way this thread has descended we can all agree that the 'murderer' chants for people like Lee Hughes ca cease if we ever have the misfortune to play against him or his ilk again... show a bit of appreciation of all our thoughts on Partridge
ARNU

[quote="USADAGGER nick"]I find it rather insulting you insinuate that I think what he did was "okay" because he's a "footballer", and to that I say **** off. What he did was more than appalling and probably should have gotten more than what he got, but from what I read, he did get tried in a court of law, got sentenced, and served/is serving his time.[quote="]

Well I wasn't actually trying to insult you USADAGGER and if I did then Im sorry you took it that way.However,how you expect me to just suddenly pour respect on this thug because he's our player(you said it)just reads as forgive him because he's a footballer.By the way Thug does have other offences to take into consideration,he promised he'd be good and then commited the one we're talking about now. Steve Evans was tried in a court of law,and punished,don't see much forgiveness there .If you want to see over reaction to something far more trivial than stoving some old blokes head in start a thread on him.It dosent wash with me,just because he's "Our Thug" I should somehow be alright with it.Whats your views on the Plymouth goalkeeper who killed 2 children whilst drunk at the wheel ? He went to prison and now they've took him back on and made him captain ffs.If you are to be consistent you'll just tell me he's served his time.Ultimately me referring to thug as thug is a tiny tiny piece of what goes with the territory of acting like one.