Bye Paul McCallum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So he’s off, big gamble coming in, when I mean big this guys a giant Faal from Havant.
Lcbdagger

Any news on where? Struggling to find anything on this today
Diggerthedog

Deals are done apparently but just not official yet.
Daggerman

I heard it’s Chesterfield! If he goes anywhere and starts performing to the standards we were given to believe before he came here it surely must be down to tactics!
Lcbdagger

Daggerman wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:37 am I heard it’s Chesterfield! If he goes anywhere and starts performing to the standards we were given to believe before he came here it surely must be down to tactics!
Makes sense, if so after Tshimanga left
stanton101

So that's all our goalscoring gone in a matter of 10 days!
Get ready for the "we can't stand in the way of a player wanting to further his career shite".
Well they could try and get a new manager in and have a game plan, or god forbid at least have a backup plan ready for when things go tits up in a match like they did so gloriously at Oldham!
Fed up with this tinpot outfit!
Alan

I’ve seen on Twitter that we are going from Walker and McCallum to Effiong and Faal from Havant, which is what Barnet did in 20/21.

It all smacks of giving up on promotion, cutting costs and preparing to reduce our budget for next season.

I’ve hardly been this season and even when family commitments have made it possible, I’ve not gone to every game I could have because the team is so awful to watch.
Diggerthedog

And there in lies the problem, proper supporters turning their back. I’ve walked out early more times this season than ever before, twice at half time. If it wasn’t for the lad wanting to go I would give up my season tickets, I might still do it anyway if they dare raise the price.
RM1Dagger

I think we saw the best of him in a Daggers shirt a while back so I'm sanguine about this. Scored a fair amount but another one who for me didn't quite live up to expectations. Also a bit lazy for me, needs really good service, maybe he'll get it at Chesterfield.
Now the SE27 Dagger
AVincelotFlyingLeap

100% my favourite Paul McCallum memory is hearing, from the other side of the ground, him shout '****** OFF!" after getting blown for a foul on a defender literally 30 seconds after coming in a low key summery pre season friendly against Hornchurch. After which Daryl apologised to the fans behind the dugout.
Don Beech 3

Only on loan? so if he's out of contract this season its going to run down and he'll be off there for a free? Just saving on wages
stanton101

For me a lazy player. That said when he put his mind to it he did score goals, after seeing the new boy up front at Oldham I'm not hopeful he'll produce the goods.
My memory of McCallum is probably the quickest sending off in history at Wealdstone in the cup!
I really don't know what's going on at the club, and quite frankly I'm at the stage where I'm really not that bothered anymore.
I'll see out the season, but that's it for me until things change at the top.
Blue Hoops

He must have been the laziest player ever to put on a Dag-Red shirt. For the greatest part he ambled about the pitch seemingly without a care in the world. You begin to wonder how on earth that McMahon part up with it. There again, there is the answer, he hasn’t got a clue. Mind you Chesterfield thought that Quigley was good !!!

Good riddance to a complete waste of space
Danamite

And that right there is the lack of ambition shown by the club again and again and again. I won't be going no more that's me done this season.
NBDag

He blew hot and cold far too often, and seems to be getting more and more injury prone. So as a player he’s not a big loss. However the whole story of what has happened at the club over the last few weeks is a massive cause for concern. Have the owners decided to just jack it in? If not and this is them trying to run the club properly, then maybe they should jack it in as they’re no good. Suddenly our strikers are now 1 good player, one good player that gets 3 games a season due to injury, and someone who we threw money at after the first purple patch in their entire career. God help us…