It's time now....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RampantDuke

It really is time for Darryl to go now. The comments on the final whistle tweet are horrendous but unanimous. There are only 2 people in the entire club who can't see that this is a complete waste of time and money. The owners need to stop backing a manager who can't get a tune out of a pretty decent bunch of players. It's the definition of madness - repeating the same mistakes over and over. It's tedious and boring. If we lose on Saturday the crowd have a very simple job to do and that it to force the hand of our passive MD to take action. Freund and Unger pretty much do as he tells them so there doesn't seem much point in badgering them - besides they seem to have better things to do these days. I predict that it could get even more toxic at the weekend if we don't put in a sterling performance. It's sad because Darryl seems like a genuinely nice bloke but nice blokes don't often win......
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
McLeansvilleAppFan

RampantDuke wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:17 pm It really is time for Darryl to go now. The comments on the final whistle tweet are horrendous but unanimous. There are only 2 people in the entire club who can't see that this is a complete waste of time and money. The owners need to stop backing a manager who can't get a tune out of a pretty decent bunch of players. It's the definition of madness - repeating the same mistakes over and over. It's tedious and boring. If we lose on Saturday the crowd have a very simple job to do and that it to force the hand of our passive MD to take action. Freund and Unger pretty much do as he tells them so there doesn't seem much point in badgering them - besides they seem to have better things to do these days. I predict that it could get even more toxic at the weekend if we don't put in a sterling performance. It's sad because Darryl seems like a genuinely nice bloke but nice blokes don't often win......
I am not sure what it was about the loss today to Oldham but that did it for me in thinking we should finish the season with Darryl. I don't generally call for a coach/manager to be fired mid season short of moral or illegal goings-on but I am ready for a change now.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RM1Dagger

I've not called out the manager before now. Like you say he seems like a decent bloke and I like that largely he likes his teams to be attack minded. But it's been largely mediocre under him. I think he got away with it last year finishing strongly to get 8th and albeit outside playoffs, probably six teams above us had bigger budgets. But this year we have the likes of Woking and Barnet showing us how it's done and I think we've now gone backwards from last season. I am not sure who is out there but I think it's time as the OP says..
Now the SE27 Dagger
RM1Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:40 pm
RampantDuke wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:17 pm It really is time for Darryl to go now. The comments on the final whistle tweet are horrendous but unanimous. There are only 2 people in the entire club who can't see that this is a complete waste of time and money. The owners need to stop backing a manager who can't get a tune out of a pretty decent bunch of players. It's the definition of madness - repeating the same mistakes over and over. It's tedious and boring. If we lose on Saturday the crowd have a very simple job to do and that it to force the hand of our passive MD to take action. Freund and Unger pretty much do as he tells them so there doesn't seem much point in badgering them - besides they seem to have better things to do these days. I predict that it could get even more toxic at the weekend if we don't put in a sterling performance. It's sad because Darryl seems like a genuinely nice bloke but nice blokes don't often win......
I am not sure what it was about the loss today to Oldham but that did it for me in thinking we should finish the season with Darryl. I don't generally call for a coach/manager to be fired mid season short of moral or illegal goings-on but I am ready for a change now.
Blimey, spooky, we were pretty much typing the same thing at the same time..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Mark

After we thumped Wrexham end of last season, spirits were high and felt like we were close to being a contender. We needed to retain Comley, then find 3 quality players - CB, CDM, LWB.

Manager completely failed over the summer. We've continually messed around with the defence, we signed crocks, we can't keep anyone fit for more than 5 minutes, and many players aren't hitting their levels.
McLeansvilleAppFan

RM1Dagger wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:48 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:40 pm
Blimey, spooky, we were pretty much typing the same thing at the same time..
4,000 miles or 6300 km and 5 time zones away and still joined at the hip at least as it relates to how it relates to Darryl. :-)
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
NBDag

Has our website crashed? Or have we still not sacked him?
Diggerthedog

You’ll be waiting a long time, be surprised if he’s sacked anytime soon. It’s what we do, we drag it out until the heat turns on the MD and once it does he will sack him. He happened to delay it with Burnett and again with Taylor. Useless Prick needs to be sack along with the manager.
steeevooo

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:26 am You’ll be waiting a long time, be surprised if he’s sacked anytime soon. It’s what we do, we drag it out until the heat turns on the MD and once it does he will sack him. He happened to delay it with Burnett and again with Taylor. Useless Prick needs to be sack along with the manager.
Every word of this is true.
ryo198122

I normally just read all the comment but never normally post. But I think it's time I did as this is how strong I feel that's its time for the manager to go.
hockley dagger

I can't see any changes being made unless the winding up order at Southend is upheld. If that happens you know the board would and you know He would......
DaggerJoel11

Enough is enough but he's survived far worse such as Dorking and Notts this very season, and Notts again when they smashed us with ten men in the behind-closed-doors era. Nights like yesterday will keep happening despite his assertions that it's not in alignment with how 'his teams' play or whatever crap he came out with. I've seen far more performances of a similar nature than the ones he claims define him.

Nothing will change. We will have good runs but it always comes back to this, an inescapable cycle whereby we miss out on play-offs yet somehow demonstrate enough development to convince the hierarchy that next year will be our year.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
redboy

"but we're only 3 points off the play-offs" the owners are probably being told by DM and some members of the board. Accepting that financially, Notts C, Chesterfield and Hollywood Utd are in another league, look at Barnet, Woking and Boreham Wood. Fair play to them for doing well on their resources. This season is becoming another embarassment. The fans as usual are being sold down the river and frankly the owners must have more $$$ to burn than Messrs Reynolds and McElhenney.
Diggerthedog

One of the consortium is a billionaire, so they have the money but my understanding is that only a certain amount is put into us each year from the whole pool of sports holdings.
Pablo

I too think it is time for him to stand down and give somebody else a try. Three years into the job or thereabouts and a lot of recruitment and expenditure and we are no better off than when he started. It won't happen though until we are definitely out of the play off hunt this year and it is just possible though not probable that we get to 7th. The outcome of the next two eminently winnable home games ( in theory) will tell us more.