It's time now....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
steeevooo

Pablo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:32 pm The outcome of the next two eminently winnable home games ( in theory) will tell us more.
What will it tell us though? Three years in and we are still no better than we were before, having spunked a healthy sum of money in the meantime. Winning two eminently winnable games means nothing when we have lost the past 3 eminently winnable games.

I would honestly rather us finish as far away from the playoffs as possible if it meant that we see real change at the club (incorporating both manager and MD), as we know that sneaking into 7th on the last day of the season will be regarded as success. However, even if we lost every match until the end of the season I have zero faith that anything would change.
Diggerthedog

I’m at the point where I’m comfortable with losing the next two just to ensure he gets the boot, still persisting with it is madness. It’s sad to say I want us to lose but after 3 full years at the helm it’s unlikely to get any better bar the odd patch of half decent games, what’s changed since Dorking away? Nothing. What a waste.

The board really need to look at the bigger picture, fans will happily drop going to games in times like this so they may feel it’s right to give him more time but the long game is more people won’t bother. Super low crowd Saturday for sure.
DI Mike Dashwood

I haven’t got involved in any of this as never think these things are as clear cut as they seem, but enough is enough. No direction, no plan, no energy, no leadership, no drive. No anything at all!!

As I say, these things are never as simple as they appear (reasons for winning and losing) but unfortunately a change is clearly needed.

Our club has a record of giving managers time and looking for stability (not all agree with I know), but there comes a time where something has to give.
Danamite

We were the only team in the whole division tonight not to score a goal. ****** awful. Got to be a change now. I've completely lost faith in the how club. No interest at the moment what so ever. Because its same old Dagenham. When will we learn
stanton101

Nothing will change until Thompson and his puppet leave.
Just over 1k tonight, keep up the good work Daryl.
Diggerthedog

Getting boring now, can’t be bothered to dissect it just like the club can’t be bothered to strive for better. Same old.
NBDag

stanton101 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:38 pm Nothing will change until Thompson and his puppet leave.
They may have said 1,018 but it was much less. No sure how they get to these figures. Anything to keep the owners as in the dark as possible though I guess
Dag82

stanton101 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:38 pm Nothing will change until Thompson and his puppet leave.
Some fans were shouting at McMahon to go at the final whistle, and he responded by giving them the Thumbs up................ Even he agrees that time is up. :whistle:
MelbourneDaggers

I think we're very fortunate to still be tenth at the moment. We have a minus five goal difference over the last five games. We've only managed to score in two of those games. Since the New Year, we've had only three wins. Excluding our cup defeat, we've only managed to win a third of our 2023 games. Our next five fixtures include the almost certainly to be relegated Scunthorpe and York whom are only three points from safety. Notts County will almost certainly kick seven shades out of us given how well they're playing. We also have Maidenhead and Aldershot. The Shots are four points below us and Maidenhead four points above safety. Both matches we really, really should be getting something out of.

Moving onto Daryl directly. Seemingly the only hint of drive I feel like I've really seen from him was talking about football being his life and how some in the changing room see it as a job. Perhaps a sign of our piss poor recruitment across this season. Regardless, he needs to get something out of this team and turn around the shitshow of the last six weeks. If not, we might as well have the person with the squeaky toy in charge.

I'll be arriving on holiday come Easter. That gives Daryl a seven week window. If he can't clean up the mess and inspire something at least vaguely positive in terms of consistency. Then I don't expect to see him when I come to join you all in person.
Pūgiōnis Mixlr vincit somnus meus
Diggerthedog

You’re spot on Melbourne it’s his recruitment that has failed miserably, he had a purple patch when John Still worked on the transfer side but since then and before it’s been a total calamity.

He will still be in charge when you arrive, the board clearly have no clue at what they’re watching, but we’ve been here before. Even if he does get sack who has the job at replacing him the glorified bar manager who wouldn’t recognize a decent manager if they slap him in the face with a giant fish, god help us.

Tonight should be a huge wake up call to the owners, people not bothering turning up and the team and manager all but giving up. What more do you need to see to do something?

Southend are getting a team putting in huge shifts without being paid some out our wannabe footballers are an embarrassment to the shirt, they can all f*ck of in the summer with McMahon. Disgrace, had enough now.
NBDag

Having the night to digest what happened yesterday really hasn’t made it look better…

There was no drive from the team last night, no tactics from the management, and what’s most worrying of all - no support from the fans. Absolutely no chance in hell there was over 1k there it was a ghost town. And there will be even less next week.

I believe the owners do really have the best interests of this club in their heart, but whether they can actually do anything in our best interests is a separate question. Get your hands dirty and do what needs to be done, Peter.
steeevooo

What they need to do is what they needed to do when they took over the club - put their own person inside the club to report back on how it's being run, what's working well and what isn't working well (and therefore be able to make properly informed decisions on how to progress the club), and have somebody with some knowledge of football in the club too to advise the owners on the on-pitch activities. You would have thought that having Tim Howard on board (try not to laugh) that it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that he would have some footballing contact willing to take care of the second part. As for the first part - it's usually a pretty standard feature of a takeover of a failing business that you don't fully rely on the people that were failing the business but instead put some fresh eyes inside to fact-find and problem solve.

The fact that (what is it now, three years?) they still have done neither of the above is, to be frank, staggering if they are truly committed to progressing us as a club and getting us out of this league.
Diggerthedog

Spot on Sir.

Are we all grateful with the money being pumped in absolutely, but there is no point building a house if you do not put the foundations in place. Some £5m has been spent so far, bar a very nice shop what else do we have?
DI Mike Dashwood

Lots of different parts to the whole thing isn’t there.

Crowd wise I don’t believe there was over 1000 in there last night. But, if you look at crowds round country last night they were down quite a bit (sadly a lot of people seem to put Valentines Day ahead of football, but that’s another debate!!).

There is then two separate debates really over the overall club set up and the manager. They are linked but not 100% in my view. Thommo takes a lot of the stick (and everyone is entitled to their opinions) but do we actually know it is him telling the Americans not to get rid of Daryl??

The manager’s position has really become straightforward though in recent weeks. I don’t know budgets etc, but would be certain ours is above average for this league, but the performances in last month have been woeful. What is most frustrating is the total lack of progress after three years. We have no style, no identity, no way of playing, no anything.

It needs a totally fresh approach on the pitch. It’s easy to look back on past eras and at past players with rose tinted glasses, but there is just none of the old drive, determination, flair and style out there at the moment. Three or four players aside (Robbo, Weston, Junior, Justham, maybe Ling) the others can all go with McMahon when he finally goes.
Dag82

steeevooo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:05 am What they need to do is what they needed to do when they took over the club - put their own person inside the club to report back on how it's being run, what's working well and what isn't working well (and therefore be able to make properly informed decisions on how to progress the club), and have somebody with some knowledge of football in the club too to advise the owners on the on-pitch activities. You would have thought that having Tim Howard on board (try not to laugh) that it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that he would have some footballing contact willing to take care of the second part. As for the first part - it's usually a pretty standard feature of a takeover of a failing business that you don't fully rely on the people that were failing the business but instead put some fresh eyes inside to fact-find and problem solve.

The fact that (what is it now, three years?) they still have done neither of the above is, to be frank, staggering if they are truly committed to progressing us as a club and getting us out of this league.
100% Correct, and what the overwhelming majority have always thought, and why this has & does remain doomed to fail, from day one.

Who buys a club on the absolute brink of liquadation, and leaves all the exact same people in charge ??.

It is 5 years this September, by the way.