Josh Walker

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Well that one came as a bit of a surprise to wake up to. Good luck on the move up the League
Kevin

Yep - wish him well at Burton..hopefully he'll bang in a few goals at League One level.
NBDag

Hope he succeeds there - always nice to see players who deserve it progressing from the club.

Does frustrate me though that we somehow have a good chance of making the play offs and our best player this season is gone, with no clear idea of what we will do to strengthen the squad. Morias and McCallum are a good enough front two. But we need to get some wingbacks and a proper holding midfielder in. If we don’t see those upgrades soon now that we have money to spend then McMahon is even more deluded/arrogant than first thought.
RM1Dagger

Good luck to him. Was in a good vein of form but I wasn't convinced he was as good as fellow fans thought. He couldn't get in the starting 11 prior to McCallum injury because Morias and him are a better front paring.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Danamite

What really gets on my nerves is the lack of ambition for our club to keep hold of our best players and give us the fighting chance to get into the league above. Every time someone comes sniffing round our players there gone and it's the same old crap that we won't stand in players ways to go up a league or two. How about they scrap that feeder club habit and they actually say no your our player we are going to make the division above with you in the team. Its about time this club started acting like a team that's wants to get put of this league. Cause I'm quite bored of the same old crap year in year out.
Diggerthedog

Great move for him and no real surprise, time will tell if he is league one quality but they might not be in that league for much longer.

Our only inform striker sold and we have two out of form strikers left. Balanta is crocked, Bird is rubbish and Blair is out on loan. You do not need to be a rocket scientist to see our very slim chances of play offs have now completely galloped off into the distance, but at least the manager and MD have their excuses lined up for the owners when we do not make it AGAIN.
Pondfield Dagger

thats annoying to get rid of one of our best players, considering the club are making more money than ever, especially with the west ham ladies, 1500 crowd last home game and packed bars... Thompson out! i'm sure his replacement would be on alot less!
Mick Dagger

I wish him all the best and think he has a good chance of establishing himself at that level. In an odd way it has made the job a bit easier for the manager to pick a more balanced side.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Danamite wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:41 pm What really gets on my nerves is the lack of ambition for our club to keep hold of our best players and give us the fighting chance to get into the league above. Every time someone comes sniffing round our players there gone and it's the same old crap that we won't stand in players ways to go up a league or two. How about they scrap that feeder club habit and they actually say no your our player we are going to make the division above with you in the team. Its about time this club started acting like a team that's wants to get put of this league. Cause I'm quite bored of the same old crap year in year out.
Oof. This is biggest move of his career and a great chance for him to get better and play in some big games. Have a cup of tea and a lie down there.
stanton101

All depends on if the player wants to leave.
And how long his contract is. If he's not got long left on the contract then it's best to get a fee for him now rather than leave for nothing when the contract ends.
If by some chance the club did say no, then there's always the chance that the players attitude could change and performance drops off as he wouldn't want to jeopardize a future move by getting injured.
As greavsie once said, it's a funny old game.
Dagdale

See Danamite's post and agree a fair bit with that, havn't seem to be generating much euthananism around Staffordshire has no mention of it on their forum? Certainly don't help potentially new fans thinking of taking a less glamorous side to follow, a useful player has to grab his chance against loyalty to a particular team will always be frail and under debate although what's been happening last few years down this level a fair few clubs now throw good money to keep these stars with them and thought we had that with overseas investors
DaggerJoel11

Dagger to the Heart: Reflecting on Josh Walker's Departure

A piece on the recent outgoing of our number seven, reflecting on his largely successful time at the club and where it leaves us, primarily in that - despite this undeniably being a huge blow - we still have the saving grace of a likely strike partnership comprising Junior Morias and Paul McCallum that struck a cumulative 23 league goals in the second half of last season albeit both are woefully out of form.

↪️ https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... -departure
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Where's everyone ranking him in terms of strikers for us in the last ten years or so ? Above Hawkins ? Above Balanta ?

above my guy Rhys Murphy ? Absolutely not
Danamite

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:17 pm
Danamite wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:41 pm What really gets on my nerves is the lack of ambition for our club to keep hold of our best players and give us the fighting chance to get into the league above. Every time someone comes sniffing round our players there gone and it's the same old crap that we won't stand in players ways to go up a league or two. How about they scrap that feeder club habit and they actually say no your our player we are going to make the division above with you in the team. Its about time this club started acting like a team that's wants to get put of this league. Cause I'm quite bored of the same old crap year in year out.
Oof. This is biggest move of his career and a great chance for him to get better and play in some big games. Have a cup of tea and a lie down there.
Exactly the same ambition the club show. You must be happy in the low divisions going no where each year. He can play I'm bigger matches by getting the club he plays for promoted. So you enjoy your cup of tie and stay sat down watching the same old dross each week.