O/T - National League Investigation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I haven’t watched it yet, but this has gone live on YouTube

https://youtu.be/lhs6B8FyDKc
MelbourneDaggers

A lot of thoughts having just watched it. I think the biggest one is being an international fan there is certainly a bit of a disconnect from stories like this in terms of direct exposure. Though perhaps my relative recency in transitioning from someone who checked the scores every so often to becoming proper involved as a fan via our wonderful Mixlr service has an impact there. Irregardless of where it lines up, that is one I want to rectify in whatever ways I can.

The clubs who were turned over and "dealt" with by the National League is absolutely disgusting. From the sounds of it, the Nat's actions alongside being corrupt and nepotistic were of course, illegal. Be it under their own constitution or indeed a criminal offence such as fraud. Every one of those board members should be booted and banned for life. It is clear the League needs a governance reform and fresh blood. Not only have their actions brought the League into disrepute, they've also brought all of our communities into disrepute because of our membership. Certainly all the more reason for us to get up and out of it!

The fact that our club benefitted to the tune of nearly 100k is rather shameful. I'm not proud of that in the slightest. It also puts a few more things into question for myself. Namely, wtf did all that cash go? So if anyone is able to fill me in on those details please do send me a message as that would be appreciated.
Pūgiōnis Mixlr vincit somnus meus
Mick Dagger

Thanks for posting. I'll have a butcher's when I get a chance.
Diggerthedog

Oh dear, very embarrassing for all concerned. All those board members should be very ashamed of what they did, but it’s no surprise when you see the cowboys involved in it.
Auntie Merge

I have watched it all.

It is extremely long-drawn out and does not contain anything that I don’t think we didn’t already know.

Basically, although the governance of the National League states no board member should vote on any issue which affects their club directly or indirectly, they all did.

£10million received from Camelot
Split
£6 million National League
£4 million North and South

It was meant to be based on gate receipts and wasn’t.
7 of the clubs of the board members received more money than the clubs with highest attendances.

An independent review was conducted and this review has yet to be published.
Three Freedom of information requests by a BBC journalist have been refused. A fourth application has been submitted.

Board members refused to take part in the documentary. Steve Thompson ignored the email request.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Is the FOI request going to a government agency or a private organization? How can that be ignored three times.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
redboy

My apologies if this has been posted previously, but this is a most interesting documentary focusing on the funding distribution to NL clubs as a result of the Covid Pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhs6B8FyDKc