Bromley (A) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Following two frost-induced postponements which intensify our backlog further along the line, we finally return to action seeking to regain seventh place against the very side who unavoidably usurped us for it at the weekend, Bromley.

Big game. Hopefully we can continue our upturn in away league form having won our last three without conceding in that regard. COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Pablo

No Onarise in the squad again. Odd.
Don Beech 3

Couldn't make it tonight so have bought the stream, unfortunately all those Wrexham fans watching their game have taken all the bandwidth up!
Kevin

Sounds a decent free kick from Hare to put us one up at halftime..

C'mon you Daggers :clap:
Danamite

Another late goal want a shocker. Honestly what goes on.
RM1Dagger

Hare's free kick seem to elude everyone and go in but overall we deserved to winning at half time and I thought in the second half we were coping pretty well. Their equaliser almost seemed like a mis hit but in any event is was very soft. Pity cos although we're still in a reasonable position it could have obviously been so much better.
Now the SE27 Dagger
DaggerJoel11

Conflicting emotions after that. The bigger picture is it's a decent point at a hard place to go, which leaves us neatly positioned inside the playoffs with the added benefit of games in hand.

However, difficult to be so pragmatic after the manner of the late equaliser, an inevitable consequence of us sitting back as we pay the price for time and time again.

Shame because it was a superb first half performance, as we played to our strengths and used the ball really productively. The defence did well even after the restart, but us sitting back put them under immense pressure and there was always the likelihood that something would drop. So it proved.

Referee Adrian Quelch, horrific even by the low bar he's set when officiating our games, was partially complicit in that moment by inexplicably awarding Bromley a free kick after their man cleared out Walker, from which the goal came. Have to look at ourselves though for switching off at a crucial time.

Positives to be taken. There were elements of that performance that showed why we're in the hunt, and similarly that demonstrated how we still have a long way to go. Onto Saturday - it really has to be all three points.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
steeevooo

I'm not sure that the ref did give Bromley a free kick for their defender clearing out Walker ahead of their goal - I thought he gave a drop ball to Bromley which would have been correct if he thought there was no foul at all (since they had possession at the time). Not that I agree at all that there was no foul!
IanC

yet again we’ve turned an half decent performance into a missed opportunity.
First hour they were there for the taking, but late goal as per after looking solid all game.
And in fairness if the game had another 5-10 mins we would have lost.
I worry about us going forward, since the end of November, i feel we haven’t looked as sharp or dynamic as can be.
Yes winning games, but if we can’t keep clean sheets, we gonna to create a lot more chances than we have of late.
Has said above we didn’t lose and we are up there, but to stay there we are gonna need to move up a gear or two.
Roll on saturday
Danamite

We look better when Mccallum is up top. Junior has gone off it for me these last month or 2. Although I would play all 3 up there myself.
Mick Dagger

I thought a draw was a fair result. We will never reach the next level without much better midfield options.
Diggerthedog

Last night sums us up really totally dominant one half and then a bizarre turnaround to be so poor second half. As said above we’re not good enough to keep clean sheets against better sides. I would have taken a point before the game so disappointed to throw it away so late, everyone saw it coming bar the manager who should have sent on Macca much earlier to help hold up the ball. Game was a carbon copy of the game down at Eastleigh, 4 points thrown away in those two games could be crucial come April.

As said above we need to go up a few gears now specially going into the final 6 weeks of the season when form is vital, look at Grimsby last season,

Rance needs to be replaced with a new player, love his commitment but awful on the bal can barely pass 10 yards and was very fortunate not to give away a penalty with that handball save, would have been a second hello too.

The ref of has a bigger belly than me and is always useless, booked anyone that made a could for us but they got away with so many.
Mark

Better side for me and unlucky not to win it. Actually thought our midfield was very good, dominated their opponents. We did drop off a bit second half but I felt it was partly due to Bromley improving and also they weren't causing us any real problems.

You do always think with us that the sucker punch is never far away. I suppose it is a mental weakness in our camp.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mugged In my opinion.

Firstly £22 to stand on a cold open terrace is surely only going to drive supporters to the streaming service.

Thought we were far better side first half but failed to put it to bed and them scoring was only a matter of time . Disappointed as we started the second half brightly . Big moment was the Josh chance where he again failed to finish by hitting it straight at Goalkeeper. Junior is surely wasted out so wide , that said we dropped so deep he was playing nigh on as a full back second half.

Disgracefull decision to not award a free kick to us at the restart for their goal, Josh was wiped out and it was at best 50/50 ball so how he deemed them to be in possession is mystifying.

That said we got away with the clearest penalty you will ever see.

Take the point but thought we defended well enough to earn the win , let's face it Els was not the busiest player on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards
Mark

Junior stuck out wide because the manager cannot recruit for a system. There is no ideal 11 for either his 352 or 433. I much prefer the 433 though.