Eastleigh (H) GAME OFF

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

:cold: :cold:
Anyone going tonight? Wrap up warm.
Forecast says -2 for Dagenham this evening, so I’m out.
A S dagger97

This is 100% going ahead?
Heard nothing about an inspection so I'm guessing so
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
A S dagger97

Nevermind just checked the clubs twitter.
Fingers crossed we get back to winning ways
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

AVincelotFlyingLeap

I'm bringing a flask of tea.
Auntie Merge

GAME OFF
A S dagger97

:banghead:

Diggerthedog

Despite all the investment the comms to fans is atrocious but we all know why. Tinpot.
Auntie Merge

We’ve rarely played a game when the outside forecast is -1 degrees.
Shame there wasn’t a sensible calling off time, before Eastleigh had travelled.
stanton101

Doesn't matter what league you're in, you can try and be as professional as you can.
This lot are so poor at communicating things, it's an absolute joke the way it treats it's fans.
And then they wonder why people get the hump. As said a tinpot outfit, from top to bottom.
Pondfield Dagger

Saw about 10 Eastleigh fans go in the pipe major at 7.15. that's along way to come that, they need an apology from someone.
RampantDuke

It was absolutely stupid to tweet that the game was 'definitely on' this morning. The forecast said it would be minus 1 and falling at 6pm so surely as soon as the covers came off the pitch would have frozen anyway. Totally unfair on the Eastleigh fans who would have set off with high hopes after seeing that tweet. Football clubs treat fans like absolute sh*t whether it's the Premier League making them travel at all sorts of dumb times to suit TV or non-league clubs waiting until the last minute to call games off. This game should have been called off yesterday evening or early this morning based purely on the forecast. I would like to see us offer free tickets to all Eastleigh season ticket holders for the re-arranged game, we can afford it and it would be a nice way to apologise for dicking them around. I'm sure we won't though - we will just blame the referee.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
RM1Dagger

Joke. I was about three pints near The Monument before I decided to head out on The District Line. Got the news enroute and was miffed as could have stayed in the pub . But joking aside as others have said this is amateurish, make the decision at 16.00 latest.🤦
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

This probably isn’t very feasible in non-league football, but referees should be requested to make the decisive pitch inspection earlier than 6pm on a match day. They can book a day off no different to the part time teams, surely? We shouldn’t have said the pitch was in “fantastic condition” either, but it’s stupid that inspections on a Tuesday night in January happen so late. That’s the main problem at this level.
Auntie Merge

NBDag wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:08 pm This probably isn’t very feasible in non-league football, but referees should be requested to make the decisive pitch inspection earlier than 6pm on a match day. They can book a day off no different to the part time teams, surely? We shouldn’t have said the pitch was in “fantastic condition” either, but it’s stupid that inspections on a Tuesday night in January happen so late. That’s the main problem at this level.
I knew at the weekend it was unlikely I would attend this game. How? I looked at the weather forecast.

Why can’t the refs do the same the night before?
As I said earlier, we rarely play any game when its forecast -1; the pitch is always frozen at this temperature.
The club should note for future reference, when its forecast -1, they need to get the ref to call the game off as early as possible.
Mick Dagger

That was very poor from the club. We got to the ground about 7.15pm and everything was in darkness, I didn't even see a notice to say the match was off. So we had a couple of pints in the bar and went home. But, things got even worse when I got home; my wife had just started watching Vera, I can't stand that program. I know it's only telly but the woman is 76 years of age in real life and her rank has a mandatory retirement age of 55. :angry: :grin: