National League Salaries

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Do people know enough about club finances to group the teams in different buckets of player salaries. Or is attendance very close to marking player salaries.

I assume Wrexham and Notts County are at one level but people mention the Daggers having a salary that is not commiserate with their performance so the Daggers must have a decent amount of outlays for salary. Then someone mentioned Wealdstone was made up of part-timers. Is the full-time player clubs/part-time player clubs obvious enough to the trained eye, even if a more detailed look at salaries is a bit of a reach?
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RM1Dagger

I'm not sure about salaries. I think Wrexham may be paying some of their 'big name' players a few thousand a week.

There are very few part time clubs in the National League and I suspect those squads may contain mainly full-time pros. I suppose of you have part-time players however few you can still call yourself part-time.

Therefore I think it would be difficult to tell any difference on match days and perhaps a better yardstick is the recent game against Beckenham a true part-time team several leagues lower.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Safe to say Wrexham are paying players silly money for this level, £5k a week for their best earners who have dropped two levels just for the money. Their owners have said despite all the big crowds and fancy sponsors they’ll lose big money this season and will do until they get promoted.

Our highest earners must be on £2k per week minimum if not more. Manager has a decent budget of about £1.5-£1.7m looking at the company accounts. If you average the top end budget between 25 players your looking at £1,300 per player but obviously some are earning much more and others much less.

Couple of years ago when Solihull were part time I spoke to one of their directors after arriving at their ground very early, at the time they were averaging £600 per week salary wise. The league is much stronger now so salaries are bound to be much higher, Solihull themselves are backed massively despite their manager claiming otherwise.

Wealdstone and Dorking I think are the only proper part time sides left, training twice a week. Woking and Altrincham were last season but have since gone full time, Maidenhead are semi part time training a bit more than twice a week.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:34 am Safe to say Wrexham are paying players silly money for this level, £5k a week for their best earners who have dropped two levels just for the money. Their owners have said despite all the big crowds and fancy sponsors they’ll lose big money this season and will do until they get promoted.

Our highest earners must be on £2k per week minimum if not more. Manager has a decent budget of about £1.5-£1.7m looking at the company accounts. If you average the top end budget between 25 players your looking at £1,300 per player but obviously some are earning much more and others much less.

Couple of years ago when Solihull were part time I spoke to one of their directors after arriving at their ground very early, at the time they were averaging £600 per week salary wise. The league is much stronger now so salaries are bound to be much higher, Solihull themselves are backed massively despite their manager claiming otherwise.

Wealdstone and Dorking I think are the only proper part time sides left, training twice a week. Woking and Altrincham were last season but have since gone full time, Maidenhead are semi part time training a bit more than twice a week.
Thanks for this mate interesting stuff.
Daggerman

I can say I’m 99% sure one of our players is on 3k, I’m not prepared to name him as I was told in confidence by one of his close friends, needless to say I’ll be criticised for this!
Diggerthedog

Daggerman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:05 pm I can say I’m 99% sure one of our players is on 3k, I’m not prepared to name him as I was told in confidence by one of his close friends, needless to say I’ll be criticised for this!
Tell us now or you off for a Big Mac. :grin:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Daggerman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:05 pm I can say I’m 99% sure one of our players is on 3k, I’m not prepared to name him as I was told in confidence by one of his close friends, needless to say I’ll be criticised for this!
Tell us what it rhymes with ? :grin:
Daggerman

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:31 pm
:coin:
Daggerman

Can you imagine the possible s4it storm it could cause in the dressing room! My lips are sealed
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:31 pm
Cool Phantasm
McLeansvilleAppFan

I appreciate all the comments. Interesting stuff.

I assume the salaries listed would be for the playing season only or are they paid 52 weeks out of the year. The offseason is 6 weeks maybe so it could be 46 weeks or so of pay instead of 52.

Are there many incentives for winning FA Cup or Vase for the players? I know there is not much money involved in the earlier rounds but is that split in same fashion amongst the players?

At some point in the next week or two I will try and translate the £ to US$ and see what that looks like. Ball park it seems to be about what I make as a high school science teacher with close to 30 years experience. I guess I am underpaid on the one hand but that is a salary one can live off of, at least in central North Carolina.
McLeansvilleAppFan

When clubs drop to the National League North/South do they tend to keep the same structure or go part-time with the players released that refuse a salary cut. I imagine the attendance is low enough to prevent salaries from being sustainable to live off of is that is all one is earning.
RampantDuke

Just to make it easy for you our economy has tanked and the British peso is worth about 1 USD (especially after you’ve changed it up and lost a load on ‘commission’) but we have taken back control and are now a Global powerhouse so all good 😂
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!