Justham Off to Southend?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Heard this rumour a month ago on their forum and now it’s seems to be gaining momentum. According to the Southend Forum he is unhappy with the season so far and the lack of decent recruitment in the summer, oh dear. If he goes the wheels have well and truly fallen off.

If he wants to go let him go, can’t have players here who have lost faith, hope the pay him on time so he can pay his mortgage.

All comes back to letting the manager cling on to his job, we all know whose fault that is.

Clubs in the gutter.
RayleighDagger1986

How true is this DtD, I have a Southend mate who hasn't mentioned this one bit and I know he would love to rub it in, if there was any truth in the story.

A link to there forum on here would be useful!
Daggerfan

I believe Justhams contract runs until 2024. If this is true surely they would have to buy him out of that?
Mick Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:45 am How true is this DtD, I have a Southend mate who hasn't mentioned this one bit and I know he would love to rub it in, if there was any truth in the story.

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/
Lcbdagger

Junior was off to Solihull a month ago... lets see if this actually goes anywhere. A move being sought I could imagine given our season... A move to Southend makes no sense if it's just on the quality of our season so far and where we are in the table
Lcbdagger

Assuming their transfer embargo is also finished? Otherwise this story def does't get off the ground
NBDag

Makes no sense at all tbh. They’re supposedly under an embargo, they’re just as shit as us, and they haven’t really got the money to buy him out and beat the wages he’s on.

I always take it with a pinch of salt when it comes to Southend, they also thought they were signing Omar Mussa :thumbu:

Then again if he does go that is incredibly embarrassing for the club and serious questions need to be asked about absolutely everyone involved. Including the owners.
RayleighDagger1986

Mick Dagger wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:30 pm
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:45 am How true is this DtD, I have a Southend mate who hasn't mentioned this one bit and I know he would love to rub it in, if there was any truth in the story.

https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/
Thanks Mick Dagger.

Was hoping for more of a link to the story but can see you need to register, which tbh, I will skip.
Diggerthedog

According to a Southend ITK fan on twitter this is back on if the sale of Southend to new owners is completed. What's the chances these sorts of announcements happen after season ticket renewal deadline day.
Kevin

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:39 am According to a Southend ITK fan on twitter..
Kinda lost me a bit after that..

Lots of ifs & buts with them - if Southend get a new owner/funding they're bound to get players in.

If they don't, they're bound to release a few.

Not in anyway a fan of how the Daggers have been & continue to be financially + organisationally mis-managed - but I can't see how anything can get announced when there isn't anything to announce?
NBDag

They’d probably announce it after the fan’s forum too just to make things easier for them.

But I f Justham leaves for another non-league club then our owners, not just Thommo, can ****** right off. As it shows they have no ambition with this club anymore.

No doubt though everyone will buy into them saying it’s somehow a smart business decision. They’ve been full of them recently!!
BB-Dagger

Pleased to see Eliot signing a new contract, I know he has his knocker’s on here but he’s an important part of the team and I couldn’t think of anyone who could replace him atm. COYD
Oxhead

and the moaners have it wrong
again
len

Great news, a class goalkeeper.
DaggerJoel11

Great to tie him down. Not only among the best goalkeepers in the division by every metric but also somebody whose sincere love for the club has always shone through over the years. Important character on and off the pitch.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''