Boreham Wood (H) groanings

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Almost forgot to have this up before the fixture started.

COYD
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
GNB

Whoever wants Garrard as the next manager needs shooting, multiple times, appalling ethics.
BB-Dagger

Totally uninspiring draw, we got lucky with 1 -1
Nothing in our performance suggesting we were worthy of getting anything out of that game until the last 15 minutes, a slow downward spiral
DaggerJoel11

First and last fifteen minutes very good, the period inbetween largely uninspiring.

We could have let our leads drop at 1-0 down but managed to recover a physical foothold and bag a point that might have been more if we were smarter in finding the final ball during our breakaways afterwards.

Key to that was the two substitutions, Weston and Mussa, who both made an enormous impact in driving us forward. Other good displays included Manny and Phipps I thought.

Johnson and Smart looked little more than okay but what more can we expect from squad players at fellow sides in this division?

They were fourth and unbeaten on the road despite it not reflecting in their performance that much. Overall, can't be too displeased.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

I thought that was quite an entertaining match. I liked that we kept going and we ,especially Sagaf , Junior and Walker chased them down from start to finish. Considering our injury list and where borehamwood are in the league I'm content we did enough tonight. We rarely beat them. Actually I've seen them play us home and away and I can't remember us winning any of them. Can Anyone remind me of a win for us ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
SUSSEX DAGGER

Really BB . Tell you truth left at 4pm drove 6 miles and thought what the hell you putting yourself through this for and turned back. Really thought we would get beat tonight

Listened to it and it sounded like we at least put up a decent fight and deserved the draw. Got to say with our depleted squad that's a good point.

Hope I get my mojo back for Saturday but finding it a struggle at moment , a season that promised so much turning into a real disappointment is the feeling I got Saturday but not for first time this season we seem to have dug out an unlikely result
RM1Dagger

Yep, agree with what's been said. I think we just about deserved a point, but was thinking once we went one down we wouldn't score so credit to the manager for changing it with the impactful subs. I really like Mussa as a footballer, we've got no one like him who can control the ball, sell a dummy and ping a nice pass but he's also prone to overdoing it. I'd like to him make a start if he can shoe horned in to the line up.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dagdale

Totally agree I thought the game showed some decent moves and in the end either team could have won it with Borehamwood the team slightly more hungry to accomplish it, they defended very well but liked how our boys kept pushing it forwards and bringing on Myles Weston really bought that about he gave them all sorts of gib. Tonight with balls coming in from all angles we just had no one there dead centre to bury it so that slot needs filling pronto Saturday.
RayleighDagger1986

Agree with the comments on the game last night. A draw was probably a fair result in the end but Borehamwood did slightly edge it for me.
If it is true what someone posted on another thread, re McCullum out for the season, then we do need another target man/ holding striker up front. That type of player was sorely missed last night.
NBDag

Take a point given the vast difference in quality in both teams and managers. But admittedly we could have got a win from that if we were a better drilled side. Mussa and Weston really helped us create more problems, but it’s like our players haven’t trained together at times. Passes going nowhere near players, mazy runs and losing it instead of passing at countless opportunities. And Rance moaning at absolutely everyone who puts a foot wrong despite doing absolutely sod all useful himself.

Definitely need to get a target man in and go to 433, a left back also needed. Then we could have a decent enough 11 to win a few more games.

Johnson and Smart were exactly like what you’d expect from players who can’t get a start at other non-league teams. Tried hard and put effort in, but no real value added at all. Just 2 panic signings by DM to boost the squad so that we have 11 to start.
Diggerthedog

Decent game last night shame no offers on tickets knowing it was schools holidays,
8 games in at home and not one ticket deal at a time when money is tight. This side has never lacked commitment or desire but a lack of guidance and that comes down for the manager. It was obvious the start of the second half we had to make a change, only when we went a goal down did that come but had it been done early I think we might have won it.

Our home form is very good just need to keep winning at home and start to pick up wins away because that atrocious away form, very favorable run of games coming up now so no excuses to not be play offs or just outside come new year.

Rance offers nothing to how the manager wants to play, can’t pass, shoot and always gives away dangerous free kicks need a new person in there. Don’t doubt his commitment one but just the quality to take us to the next level with Mussa on the bench I do wonder why because it’s not as if having Rance makes us more solid, we concede for fun.

If you could combine the brain of their manager with ours you would have a seriously good coach, one loves to keep it tight the other to play expansive football.

Shout out to Phipps, done superbly since he slotted in with no nonsense simple defending, exactly what we need at times.

Need a target man in the door before the weekend.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:47 pm Decent game last night shame no offers on tickets knowing it was schools holidays,
8 games in at home and not one ticket deal at a time when money is tight. This side has never lacked commitment or desire but a lack of guidance and that comes down for the manager. It was obvious the start of the second half we had to make a change, only when we went a goal down did that come but had it been done early I think we might have won it.

Our home form is very good just need to keep winning at home and start to pick up wins away because that atrocious away form, very favorable run of games coming up now so no excuses to not be play offs or just outside come new year.

Rance offers nothing to how the manager wants to play, can’t pass, shoot and always gives away dangerous free kicks need a new person in there. Don’t doubt his commitment one but just the quality to take us to the next level with Mussa on the bench I do wonder why because it’s not as if having Rance makes us more solid, we concede for fun.

If you could combine the brain of their manager with ours you would have a seriously good coach, one loves to keep it tight the other to play expansive football.

Shout out to Phipps, done superbly since he slotted in with no nonsense simple defending, exactly what we need at times.

Need a target man in the door before the weekend.
Don't need to parrot other comments but this is my problem with Rance... I'm constantly told by friends we play him as we have no other defensive midfielders and he helps break up play... when will this translate in to a better defensive showing and less goals conceded? If we can't get Mussa in to the squad, like we previously couldn't do with Sagaf then the team, Management and formation is the problem.
Dagdale

Do love it when Junior Morais runs across a packed tight defence and edging for a gap you don't see that much today and with the added bonus he can really clout that ball given a quick second or two , just need to partner him up with another striker who can divert one or two on the opposing back line and sure were see some stunning goals. So good to have a guy like him.
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 The strategic simultaneous introduction of Omar Mussa and Myles Weston was vital in the defiant Daggers recovering a physical foothold to earn a battling point against play-off occupants Boreham Wood.

💬 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 from our midweek draw: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... ham-wood-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''