FA Cup Maidenhead v Daggers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

A pretty average game tbh. Maidenhead huffed and puffed but apart from a couple of blocks in our box 2nd half, I can't remember Elliott having to make a save.
When their bloke got sent off (deservedly so) it was pretty much one way traffic and we should have won more convincingly.
The team as a whole probably deserved a 7/10 with Morias being my motm.
On the website it says walker scored the goal but it was definitely Morias.
Good support from the Daggers faithful today.
RM1Dagger

Interesting on the scorer. All sources say Walker - I'll await the highlights!
Now the SE27 Dagger
Floydman

Without doubt Josh Walker . He described his goal when I interviewed him after the match. Bit of a huff and a puff but job done . Alan Devonshire in a heavy discussion with the referees assessor after the game. Felt the handball was harsh and Josh Hare could have gone a little later. Deserved win and as I said in commentary could have been a hatful but too many squandered chances . Great support from the travelling daggers who braved rail disruption and nasty driving conditions.
stanton101

I stand corrected it was walker.
Diggerthedog

Great win and in the hat is what it’s all about, we dealt with Maidenheads hoofball very week, only when the dangerous Barrett got on the ball did I feel nervous the rest of the time they were very limited. Any threat was dealt with superbly my Manny and Harry, got their heads on absolutely everything.

We dominated the ball and we’re worthy winners, the sending off should have been a straight red handled a clear goal scoring chance as last man. Great finish for the goal little chip up and half volley their poor keeper struggled with,

Great turnout from our fans, good couple of hundred in what was ver poor crowd of just over a 1000.

More importantly more money for the club, could be the difference to a new signing or two.
Kevin

Cracking win - proper battle, against a pretty physical team.

Great to be in the next round!! :thumbu: