Southend United (H) bleatings here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

At what point can I use a synonym for good remarks instead of grumbling. Do we need to be top 7 at least, or wait until their is a change at the top?

Here's to a repeat of the last fixture! COYD!
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Three points is a must here, have to pick up results against these types of mid table teams.

Would be guessing to know what the outcome could be, they’re as good as scoring as their owner is at paying wages and tax bills. We can easily outscore them but can we defend well enough to not have to score 3+ to get a result.
Daggerman

It will be interesting to see what Daggers team turns up on Saturday, we are more than capable of giving the pikeys a good hiding but also susceptible to falling to turn up and getting a good beating ourselves,
Fingers crossed for the former
Dagdale

Really think its who turns up tomorrow? Certainly know Southend United football club were really effected by 8-0 over 3 lost games last season so sure would like to evaporate that status with a decent win but we have pending full resources the likes of Junior Morias and 'getting the goal feel now' Macca the ability to carry on the good work and hope we have a really entertaining afternoon and put paid to all this political shit flying around these shores lately!
Kevin

Mixing dreadful & fantastic performances in less than 4 days of each other kind of leads to the uncertainty as to which version of the Daggers will turn up against Southend.

I'm approaching the match more with curiosity, rather than any particular sense of anticipation. :blink:

Here's hoping though..c'mon you Daggers!!
grumpy old git

Radio commentary is on BBC radio Essex for those that either can't attend or watch on BT.
Diggerthedog

http://www.hesgoal.com/

This site might have it live if you can’t make it, check for link closer to game.
RM1Dagger

Hmm, almost difficult to assess that one really. We certainly created enough to win the game (e.g McCallum one on one, Walker seemed to have a great chance from where I was) but Southend probably will think they deserved something on the balance of play. On the plus side thought we defended generally pretty well and I also thought Rance did well in the middle but definitely frustrating not to score more when you consider Morias frightened the life out of their defence when he got the ball.
Now the SE27 Dagger
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well the answer to which Dagenham would turn up was both.

In complete control of the first half after the initial 10 minutes .

Second half we completely surrendered midfield and were lucky in my view to get out with a draw. Glad we went with the four again , thought Phipps was MOM myself over the 90 . If they had given it out at half time Junior would have won it

No doubt Dagdale will be asking once again what is in them half time oranges.

2 points dropped there in my opinion
Lcbdagger

Can't argue with the draw on the second half showing... should have been 3 clear by half time though so all swings and roundabouts.

Never felt we had a second half clean sheet in us when Southend started to press
Mark

I'll never understand why we sit off so far in midfield as soon as an opponent shows any sign of wanting to attack. It must be deliberate because it's been going on for so long. We end up with a back 5 or 6 trying to defend the final ball rather than engaging and trying to stop the ball being played in the first place.

We have shown signs last 2 games of being a good side again but also plenty of mistakes.
Corinthian

Clever tactical change by Southend turned the game in their favour. I think we had the better chances in both halves. Draw probably. Who didn’t pick up Powell’s run for the equaliser?
Pondfield Dagger

Pondfield park was an absolute battlefield lol
ARNU

I think we were the better side overall, after the dreadful game at Dorking just a week ago I think this was more like it. Anyone know why Hare went off?
Sagaf has to start every game , I think Darryl finally gets that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Pondfield Dagger

Hare went off because he was roasted by their number 7 on too many occasions. Bridge that was his name. Good decision by McMahon.