York City (A) grievances before, during and after the fixture here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

I assume the fixture is still on given the passing of the Queen. In the US NOTHING stops commerce from happening. I assume that is the case for the UK as well.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Match off. Daryl's next match Wrexham Away lol
BB-Dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:43 am I assume the fixture is still on given the passing of the Queen. No
In the US NOTHING stops commerce from happening. I assume that is the case for the UK as well.
Not at all and it’s not a surprise in a civilised country, some things are more important than that
stanton101

York I'll breath a huge sigh of relief.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Didn’t lose.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Well my original comments aside I am not surprised, and not upset.

Continue to post grievances as you have time and feel moved.
McLeansvilleAppFan

BB-Dagger wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:45 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:43 am I assume the fixture is still on given the passing of the Queen. No
In the US NOTHING stops commerce from happening. I assume that is the case for the UK as well.
Not at all and it’s not a surprise in a civilised country, some things are more important than that
And by the way I am not overly fond of the fact that still stands about what I wrote about US consumerism. After 9/11 many politicians equated patriotism to consumerism. I am glad the UK is taking a day off to reflect and ponder and maybe grieve if so moved. Take care, which as I type this is close to midnight for me and 5 am BST on Saturday.
Pablo

I have to say the cancelling of all football today is a bit of a nonsense. As far as I can see cricket and rugby are taking place today, horse racing tomorrow and most shops, places of entertainment as well as the stock exchange were open yesterday. What are we supposed to do? Sit at home watching or hearing the wall to wall eulogies on television and radio which are being repeated over and over with nothing remotely new to say. Wouldn't it be much better to go ahead and pay respects with a two minute silence as was done quite well in my view at West Ham on Thursday night?
I do agree though that in a purely footballing context today's cancellation might be advantageous for the Daggers.
Dagdale

I completely agree, by all means appreciate and respect what our Queen stood for but surely its an individual choice how people show their feelings
Mark

Seems they cancelled it because a few clubs couldn't be trusted to be respectful during the pre match tributes.

Top flight is going to have a big headache if next weekend requires postponements for reasons of police availability, with the schedule already tight for the world cup.
hockley dagger

Beer slipping down nicely in York. Didn't want to waste a train fare
McLeansvilleAppFan

hockley dagger wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:32 pm Beer slipping down nicely in York. Didn't want to waste a train fare
How long does that trip take? I assume you are leaving out of a London area train station.
Chigwellian

Was in York for a few days, and was going to the match but alas...
visited Bootham Crescent to reminisce the good times especially the 3.2 win in our conference winning season.
Tried to upload some pics of what the ground looks like now, but the files are too big :eye:
hockley dagger

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:05 pm
hockley dagger wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:32 pm Beer slipping down nicely in York. Didn't want to waste a train fare
How long does that trip take? I assume you are leaving out of a London area train station.
4 hours each way from south eaat Essex. York is a great place to visit and halfway to Edinburgh where my son is studying so we met up
McLeansvilleAppFan

hockley dagger wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:12 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:05 pm
4 hours each way from south eaat Essex. York is a great place to visit and halfway to Edinburgh where my son is studying so we met up
Can I ask if it was on-time and the cost? I love trains but outside of the DC to Boston area of the US and near Chicago it is not good over here. I am jealous. I'll relate my last train ride of a comparable distance if you want to read it in a future post in the thread.