Notts County (H) Pre- During- Post-fixture discussion. Perturbations about Notts County (H) here please.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

I'd love to know what's being worked on in training.
We must be experts at sudoku.
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am The owner has spoken they think we’re positioned for promotion or play offs, funny, They’ll be over for Wrexham away, good luck with that one.
Yep, and just the 34 all negative responses.
Diggerthedog

Dag82 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:07 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am The owner has spoken they think we’re positioned for promotion or play offs, funny, They’ll be over for Wrexham away, good luck with that one.
Yep, and just the 34 all negative responses.
Just taken a look and not all responses are negative stop being a drama queen.

Simple solution for the negative ones, sack the manager or keep burying your head in the sand. They’ve promised play offs but not delivered, only themselves to blame really the monies been there but just not picked the right setup on and off the pitch.
DaggerJoel11

It is beyond inexcusable for us to lose 5-0 to anybody at this level. That it came against the very calibre of team we have been granted the resources to compete with, yet remain stratospheres apart from, just emphasises how much this manager is underperforming.

Notts County were exceptional in every department but make no mistake they won't have an easier game all season. We'd been sleepwalking towards a battering like that for a while, it's just they had the firepower to enact it whereas others have not.

A dark day in which toxicity reached levels akin to when the writing was on the wall for Burnett and Taylor. With the players clearly not responding to him, the same fate should befall Daryl McMahon. It won't.

We'll win the odd game against lower mid-table fodder by virtue of the personnel on the pitch but whenever there's a genuine tactical battle we get exposed for what we are. Or, more rather, what we aren't.

That team are a million miles away, I defy anybody to present a case otherwise.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Alan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:29 am IMussa needs to be given time, he’s 21 and also needs to be played higher like he was at Weymouth too deep a role on this set up but that would mean moving Robinson which you could argue why did we sign him.

The manager started the season off playing a deeper game to avoid another poor defensive record, working out well isn’t it.
Mussa has got ability, no doubt, but at the moment this team cannot carry a player who doesn’t work to get the ball back and so either we don’t play him or the manager needs to instruct him that he must start pressing and challenging for the ball or he will be dropped.
Kevin

Alan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:07 am... this team cannot carry a player who doesn’t work to get the ball back
Would agree with that - especially as we've already got one a player of that ilk in Paul McCallum :huh:
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:07 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:29 am IMussa needs to be given time, he’s 21 and also needs to be played higher like he was at Weymouth too deep a role on this set up but that would mean moving Robinson which you could argue why did we sign him.

The manager started the season off playing a deeper game to avoid another poor defensive record, working out well isn’t it.
Mussa has got ability, no doubt, but at the moment this team cannot carry a player who doesn’t work to get the ball back and so either we don’t play him or the manager needs to instruct him that he must start pressing and challenging for the ball or he will be dropped.
100% agree but the manager won’t drop a player he’s been given decent money to buy along with a lucrative contract, owners will want to know why, but then again the Manager has survived the sack numerous times. Questions should be asked of the set up but no proper football person is asking these questions, hence he’s still in charge.

This club is dead in the water with the current set up, I will think long and hard about laying out for a season ticket next season if the current manager is still in charge. Much prefer away games these days so might save my money for those.
DaggerJoel11

Fuelled by a disgraceful Daggers performance yielding their heaviest defeat for six years, toxicity towards Daryl McMahon intensified to new heights on a bitterly dark day that should spell the end for him...but won't.

Report from Saturday's horrorshow: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... s-county-5
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
AVincelotFlyingLeap

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:33 pm Fuelled by a disgraceful Daggers performance yielding their heaviest defeat for six years, toxicity towards Daryl McMahon intensified to new heights on a bitterly dark day that should spell the end for him...but won't.

Report from Saturday's horrorshow: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... s-county-5
World class opening sentence
jag

Oh my god, my thoughts on this game started on Friday when I viewed Musse's interview, he seemed to not want to talk, he was laid back ,and his body language suggested that there may be something wrong in the camp, skip to Saturday and walking from the turnstiles to the Sieve I noticed how powerful and strong their players looked and I thought this is going to be a bad day and that was just a warm up prior to kickoff. During the game before their 1st goal we were already chasing shadows and thought is it our line up that's all wrong or have the team been out the night previous? this was almost the same team that beat Bromley just 5 days previously. When you see Robbo having a bad time you just know its going to be a stinker of a day, when their 5th goal went in I did something that I have not done for years and years ( I LEFT THE GROUND ) I did not want to boo the team at the end, and put it down to the management, the attitude, and the coaching staff, Daryll and the team need to have a very close look at the video replay but also games where we have played really well, very disappointed of course but will still be back at the next home game.COYD!!!
Daggerman

Tommy Tuckle has become available