Tonight.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Diggerthedog wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
bearaab wrote:We're 2 games into the season and you've had enough of players already? Who would you take out of the team to solve these problems?
Don't con yourself about being two games into a new season, this has been going on for nearly 18 months and as Adrian has eluded to don't think it is individuals its a collective weakness.

Look at goal 1 and 2 last night for Christ sake we repeat the same mistake at goal two that we did only 5 minutes earlier, we don't appear switched on and are totally unaware of what is going on around us.

It is not only the way we deal with restarts its the cheapness that we give them away in the first place. How the hell did they end up with a corner for the first goal, there is no way in this world that should have happened.

The sixth goal is another disaster but what the hell are we giving a free kick like that away in the first place.

I would therefore suggest that the first task in preventing our achelies heel being exposed is to stop giving away cheap restarts to our opponents in the first place.
That's the whole problem we have mediocre pro footballers and are trying to play like Arsenal. All the simple stuff has gone out of the window. When we play like this with players of our calibre they will more often then Not give the ball away, this won't change anytime soon.
steeevooo

I know that we were spoilt having Robbo for so long, but the contrast last night was plain for all to see.
Play off final: Rotherham pump two balls into our box in the dying seconds, Robbo commands the box and punches the balls away to safety.
Last night: Brentford pump a free kick into our box in the dying seconds, O'Brien comes for it and gets nowhere near it.

Call it inexperience or poor judgement, but the difference was noticeable. We still haven't really had a keeper that can command his area since Robbo retired.
NickMurphy

It rankles with me that we didn't get the experienced goalkeeper that we were supposedly looking for, as it seems O'Brien is similar to Lewington but a bit worse through lack of experience. Decent shot stopper, but when it comes to corners and those tough decisions, he's found wanting. I said in pre-season I fancied Cousins for the No.1, and that still hasn't changed.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

TOTALLY FIRST ON THE LEAGUE CUP SHOW