Do other managers do this?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Once again Daryl spent more time hiding than being visible and coaching the team.
Here are some clips. To be fair to him, I've added a couple of times when he was present.

https://youtu.be/qtUTFwpx0ec
Daggerman

I don’t know where you was watching but from the sieve I could see him most of the game standing by the bench
McLeansvilleAppFan

It looks like the camera was from a phone and directly behind the bench. The angle may be that McMahon was out of sight and not up against the sideline where he would be in view from this position in the stadium.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Chalky69

I’m seated a short distance from the bench and must admit their was a short period in second half when Daryl disappeared but would say he was on the edge of the box for 90% of the match and also quite vocal.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Chalky69 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:51 pm I’m seated a short distance from the bench and must admit their was a short period in second half when Daryl disappeared but would say he was on the edge of the box for 90% of the match and also quite vocal.
which raises the question; was he just being vocal or was he saying things that would help the players on the field? can they even hear what is said by a a manager during the game?
BB-Dagger

which raises the question; was he just being vocal or was he saying things that would help the players on the field? can they even hear what is said by a a manager during the game?
[/quote]

Which in turn raises another question as to why was this thread started, just another moan at the manager? Don’t get me wrong as I’m also a bit frustrated at the way things are going but to sit filming the touch line during the game does indicate that someone could be a bit obsessed!
Other fans in the sieve were also giving verbal abuse at our own players during the game instead of encouraging, a bit more support wouldn’t go amis.
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am not one to yell at the opponents when I am in a stadium. I try not to yell at the refs either but I must admit it happens. But to yell at one's own. Makes no sense at all.

I do want to apologize for letting the word "game: slip off my fingers typing my last post instead of using the word fixture or match. And then I mention sideline and not touchline. Certainly letting an Americanism slip in here when I try and not to do such. Color, no colour, me embarrassed.
honestjohn

Very difficult to see from the back of the Carling to see exactly where Daryl is placing himself some of he time He obviously has his reasons for viewing the match from different angles. From a different perspective Alan Devonshire appeared to hog the touchline the whole match. Everybody has a different view.
I would however like to see him more permantly on show and close to the action to encourage the players .I must confess he made more noise on Saturday than he has done in previous matches.
If things are not going well the dressing room at half or full time is the place for comment.
I am desperate for the team to do well and our support is vital at this stage. After ten games played and we have competed against Notts County and Wrexham will be the time to judge
IanC

Embarrassing pathetic pointless and shameful.
honestjohn

Hello Ian C...My post was a response to a General Thread and I am not sure if I have upset you or if it is the general Thread. If it is me then I m, sorry. As my thread says in the final lines I AM DESPERATE FOR THE TEAM TO DO WELL and like you have followed the Daggers through many up and down times
I feel we both want the club to ret urn to its past successes and is quite capable of doing so and has the support for the team in higher leagues.
When we struggle to achieve this then we expect to show our concerns in different ways although all stlll wanting the same goals.
My 10 game thoughts are that a place in the Top 10 would give us the springboard for the remainder of the season where there appears to be a much stronger fixture list
Ian ,I hope this satisfies you that we are on the same page
Regards HJ
Chalky69

As to the question about whether what Daryl says is useful, he frequently says “well done” or gives a thumbs up. As to whether the players can hear him, he usually only gives instructions when a player is within hearing distance and if they can’t they will cup their ear for him to repeat. As I said previously he was on the edge of his box for the majority of the match mainly encouraging his players which is what we, the supporters, should also be doing!
IanC

Apologies John mate, i should have made it clearer. I was actually referring to the pathetic topic that was started and not your post,
I’m just amazed how much drivel people can think of!!
IanC

And yes john i agree 100% with your post.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

IanC wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:21 pm Apologies John mate, i should have made it clearer. I was actually referring to the pathetic topic that was started and not your post,
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danamite

IanC wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:21 pm Apologies John mate, i should have made it clearer. I was actually referring to the pathetic topic that was started and not your post,
Agree with the patheticness of the post. Who actually videos the manager being or not being where they apparently should be during a game. And then goes as far as putting it in you tube.