New Signing Pending

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Another one in... 'imposing centre back'. Lets see how this one goes... definitely making the right moves it appears from the outside looking in
BB-Dagger

He looks a big lad doesn’t he? He fits the bill for what is required at the back but he hasn’t had a prolonged run in any of his previous team’s, (let’s hope that wasn’t down to injuries) but he’s played at a higher level so Looking forward to watching him dominate the back line.
COYD
Mark

A big lad. We definitely seem to have improved physically. Relatively old to only just be establishing himself at this level, rarely played a full season for anyone and didn't get games at Grimsby.

Overall for me it remains to be seen if we've acquired well. You could argue these are the types of player we've been missing, but you could also argue they're players who haven't pulled up any trees at this level and have poor injury records.
Diggerthedog

Grimsby have pulled out pants down with a fee? He wanted out and they didn’t want him, an agent involved I see so lots of money to splash out. Good luck to him.
DaggerJoel11

That has to be our recruitment done now I think. Looking at our depth:

Keepers - Justham, Strizovic

Centre Halves - Johnson, Onariase, Tavares, Longe-King, Zouma

Wing Backs - Weston (Both flanks), Vilhete (Left), Ling (Right), Hare (Right), Saunders (Both flanks)

Midfielders - Robinson, Mussa, Sagaf, Rance, Phipps, Scott, Janneh

Forwards - McCallum, Morias, Walker, Balanta
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:51 am That has to be our recruitment done now I think. Looking at our depth:

Wing Backs - Weston (Both flanks), Vilhete (Left), Ling (Right), Hare (Right), Saunders (Both flanks)

That looks a decent squad... question, I think about how many combined games this season we get out of Saunders, Phipps, Balanta, Walker and potentially Tavares given historic injury concerns. Would like to personally see one more starting XI quality central midfielder come in if we continue with the 352 formation. If Phipps is fit enough to appear in the first few pre-season games then I withdraw that opinion.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:51 am That has to be our recruitment done now I think. Looking at our depth:

We're actually going up it's mad
Alan

Nickname “Simba” for new signing? He is, after all, the Lion-gue King
RayleighDagger1986

Some very good promising players signed this summer. Still think we are light in midfield. Could do with a playmaker, someone with a bit of flare perhaps.

It'll be interesting to zee who will take our corners n free kicks this season now Wright has moved on. This got me thinking a bit really.

Is the gaffer gonna stick with 3-5-2 or go 4 at the back? Who is our new set piece taker. Will our tactics change or do you think it'll be the same from the last 2 seasons.......and what is the starting XI based on the squad we now have.

All answers on a postcard please
Mark

Be 352 with the only starting changes being in the back 3 I reckon. Can't see that being enough to improve us beyond about 6th but it's a long season and a squad game.
RayleighDagger1986

So do you think Mark he'll start with Sagaf, Robinson and Rance in midfield?
len

Also to our squad list, should we add a player I recall is named Blair who was loaned out last season as he was apparently highly regarded as a good young prospect. Did not see him in last pre-season friendlies myself but that's what I heard.
Mark

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:59 pm So do you think Mark he'll start with Sagaf, Robinson and Rance in midfield?
Quite possibly yes.

Seems like we had a lot of players missing already tonight. Hope just niggles and no serious issues.
DaggerJoel11

Yeah no minutes for Zouma, Vilhete, Phipps, Saunders, Weston and Balanta although not sure how much you can read into it because McMahon wasn't even there himself.

Weston and Balanta did a separate warm-up from the remainder of the team, saw them running laps around the pitch while walking through to the bar around half 6 which continued for about half hour.

Good to see Saunders briefly out on the turf kicking the ball as well, albeit tentatively as you'd expect.

Walker's injury was innocuous but the ease at which he goes down and needs treatment is concerning. Coupled with Balanta's similar status in that regard, maybe there's credibility to what a lot of people are saying about bringing another forward into the building.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
EssexDagger!

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:59 pm So do you think Mark he'll start with Sagaf, Robinson and Rance in midfield?
I know its the first game in pre season and the opponents were only Aveley but I was massively impressed by Omar Mussa.

Even only after last nights game and some of his performances for Weymouth last year, I think he will be a starter in our midfield along with Robbo.
So for me, likes of Rance, Sagaf etc will be battling each other for the 3rd spot in the middle of the park.