Attendance

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger83

Anyone else a little surprised how low it was? I know it's the holiday season but with it being a new season and with cheap season tickets, I thought we would have had a slight improvement on last season.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Diggerthedog

Dagger83 wrote:Anyone else a little surprised how low it was? I know it's the holiday season but with it being a new season and with cheap season tickets, I thought we would have had a slight improvement on last season.
No surprise only 800 season tickets sold. So we still had 600 home paying on the gate. Never a crowd puller this game.
Dagger83

I thought we had sold more season tickets than that.

(I've also reread my opening post and realised how many "season"s I managed to fit in!?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

I didnt think attendance was too bad tbh.

After watching the highlights just now l thought it said more that the only fans you could hear when the teams 1st came out and at full time (unsurprisingly) was the 100 odd from Morecambe.
ARNU

The season ticket at such a low price though welcomed was a sign of desperation and a bit late in the day if you ask me.My 2 mates payed £18 each to watch yesterday.They wont be doing it again soon although they did express before the game a desire to attend the Luton game.So who is going to pay full price anymore to watch especially when we keep losing as we surely will for the foreseeable future.Im sure I attended the Morecambe game in our 2nd lg 2 season and there were about 1100 that day.So Morecambe was never going to be a sellout was it.The problem is on the pitch,sort that and things will change for the better.We ****** up everytime though don't we ? Kids for a quid,get a big gate then we lose,anti racism day get a good turn out and lose,oh and have race problems on the terraces.I think with the exodus of known favourites like Femi,Wilkinson and Medy mix that with the hiring of thugs and a load of others nobody has even heard of their previous teams let alone the player them selves and you have just added to the dis-interest.Die hards like me are still open to a reasonable offer for my season ticket.Nicks £45 and a bag of pork scratchings was probably fairer than I 1st thought.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

Most of the people who paid on the gate in previous years probably bought a season ticket this year due to price. More season ticket holders, same total crowd.
ARNU

Mark wrote:Most of the people who paid on the gate in previous years probably bought a season ticket this year due to price. More season ticket holders, same total crowd.
Spot on Mark.Less income for the club too probably.Its a bit like Ryan air or Easy jet.Who will be happy paying £350 for return flights nearer the day when I've paid £53 in advance for mine.Have we not just pretty much killed off the casual fan ?
ThatRoundThing

I think I read somewhere or someone told me that The Board are hoping that people will spend more money at the Club Shop and Bars to help with recouping some of the cost of discounted Season Tickets. Late arrival of Away Shirts no new products in the Club Shop hasn't helped at all.

I usually spend £50-60 in the bar on match days for the two of us but gave it a miss yesterday as I found my particular draught tipple absolute crap at my last two visits and got fed up at taking it back all the time.
Yesterday I went elsewhere to drink before and after the game and at both pubs it was no surprise to me to find other Daggers fans drinking there for exactly the same reason.
As with everything else, if you don't serve up a decent product then you won't sell much of it.

It is not the first time this problem has occurred and it must be embarrassing to serve crap beer to corporate people and visiting directors etc.
ARNU

Ha ha.Made our own home made burgers before we left yesterday to save shelling out on that shite at the ground.Stale manky burger and cold pies have had their day with me.
Dagdale

Looking back now its true, life in the club whether our shop or the two bars was a noticing point for me reflecting on my tube home last night. Club shop looks so 'unhealthy' now, I know they're waiting for new style kit and eventual badge which I hope does well but I travel well with the boys away and shops like Mansfield's. Northampton's, Burton's & Bury's to name just a few knock us into spots. Really nice on travels to venture in and take a peep and admire. I know ours in that portacabin is hardly the best environment and there's always that great word budget but surely we can do better here. The bars yesterday lacked atmosphere, and to think it was the first game of the season in League, maybe we were all aware what was going to happen on the pitch a hour or two later but part and parcel of doing football must be the mixing with mates and the social drink? Even I was brave and went to both bars after the match and it was the quietest I've ever seen. Probably drunk more than normal to take away the depression. Probably a few good results would put it right, but if these two departments improved feel more comfortable and happier at the Daggers ground.
ThatRoundThing

Our 1st Home fixture last year attracted a Total of 1487 fans v York
Our Home fixture v Morecambe last season attracted 1718 fans (74 away)

Yesterday 1529 fans... 113 away
leewilson

August is always a little bit quieter due to holidays. Plus Orient were home and West Ham had a home friendly. I wasn't expecting many more in all honesty. Providing we don't completely flop for the next 2 months or so, I'd expect the home support to go up by maybe an extra hundred or two on average.
NickMurphy

Wasn't helped by a low away following, which is no disrespect to Morecambe as 113 is pretty decent and likely what we'd take to them on the opening day.

Mansfield should bring a few more down in a couple of weeks, add another 200 or so on the gate.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:August is always a little bit quieter due to holidays. Plus Orient were home and West Ham had a home friendly. I wasn't expecting many more in all honesty. Providing we don't completely flop for the next 2 months or so, I'd expect the home support to go up by maybe an extra hundred or two on average.
This post probably sums it up best.But I would say the casual fan may well have been put off now for reasons I stated earlier.The providing we don't flop statement is key here too.Our core following looks to be around 13-1400 of those id imagine a third aren't ST holders.With poor performances that can only get worse.I can only speak for me but I would be at the Brentford game if I thought we had a reasonable chance.From what I see yesterday Im sorry to say I don't think we really do.So I hope we win,but Im having a night off and saving £30.

If we are going to be a serious league club we probably need to have a real shake up at board level.Before you all go apeshit,its the only thing that hasn't changed since we've been a league club.We change players all the time,even the manager although we should have sacked the last bloke 3 seasons ago.In the end he just shat on us from a great height because nobody had the balls to sort him out.He effectively ran the club,not the board.This lot are slow to react to our needs.Even things I was moaning about 3-4 years ago are only being addressed now its too late.Suddenly we can go in the TBS remember it was an absolute impossibility when I 1st raised it.Suddenly we can have cheap entry despite that also being an impossibility for many years.Sorry but that's how I see it.How many times must we not have the new shirt ready for the new season ? Why aint anyone kicking some arse ? We do everything too late.What next a roof at bury Road end to keep the 30 or so that stand there these days dry.T H E C L U B I S R U N B Y T O R TO I S E S A N D I S S L O W T O R E A C T. You watch,we'll get a striker in about January.Who's the chairman again ??
Last edited by ARNU on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:August is always a little bit quieter due to holidays. Plus Orient were home and West Ham had a home friendly. I wasn't expecting many more in all honesty. Providing we don't completely flop for the next 2 months or so, I'd expect the home support to go up by maybe an extra hundred or two on average.
This post probably sums it up best.But I would say the casual fan may well have been put off now for reasons I stated earlier.The providing we don't flop statement is key here too.Our core following looks to be around 13-1400 of those id imagine a third aren't ST holders.With poor performances that can only get worse.I can only speak for me but I would be at the Brentford game if I thought we had a reasonable chance.From what I see yesterday Im sorry to say I don't think we really do.So I hope we win,but Im having a night off and saving £30.
It's up to you, but bear in mind we lost 3-0 to Fleetwood on the opening day last season and didn't look particularly great and then we went and nearly knocked Brentford out of the C1 Cup a few days later away from home. You're likely to see a more relaxed performance what with it being a cup competition that we're not going to win and an opportunity to stake a claim for a starting spot.