Southend (A)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

An eagerly-awaited first trip to Roots Hall in eight years, in which we're owed a big performance having endured that catastrophic ending on Saturday. Anything reminiscent of both home games against them would be widely welcomed yet it won't be anywhere near as straightforward this time due to them being on a long unbeaten run spanning thirteen league games.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Hmmm...won't be holding my breath for too many positives out of this evening.

Would be delighted to be proven wrong..

C'mon you Daggers :blink:
RampantDuke

Such a shame. I think we would have taken a huge following tonight if we had won on Saturday but I know a few people, like me, who are struggling to keep getting behind such a bunch of chronic underachievers. I’ll be donating the £40 I would have spent getting to this game to Ukrainian refugees. They deserve my support more.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
McLeansvilleAppFan

Any commentary for this evening's fixture? It seems Southend has commentary some but I did not see any link when I visited their website a few minutes ago.

We have already switched over to summer time here in the parts of the US that switch the clocks so I can listen to the entire match since start time is after I am done with work for the day.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

And as soon as I post the above I think to look at the BBC website and it seems BBC Essex will be carrying the fixture.
jag

Unbelievable we are 2-0 up and should have been 5-0 please Daggers don't ---- this one up.
Kevin

Couple of goals to the good at half-time - hitting the post & having another disallowed too..

C'mon you Daggers!! :thumbu:
McLeansvilleAppFan

And no online streaming. Ugh
Don Beech 3

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:15 pm And no online streaming. Ugh
Only just see this, streaming was on tonight good job by Mike and the lads on it. If you need the web address for it in the future its at https://mixlr.com/dagenhamandredbridgefc
Chalky69

Doesn’t get much better than that!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Funny old game innit. Could have scored four in the first half.

I’ve recently stopped being annoyed at inconsistency in sport because it’ll just drive you mad. We have to laugh at it.
RM1Dagger

Best performance I can remember for a long time. On the front foot early doors and could have been of sight. Weathered the storm at the beginning of the second half and killed the game off with the third. Really pleased for the players who looked delighted and deservedly milked the plaudits at the end. Must have been hurting after Saturday so the perfect antidote for all. Worth the entrance fee and negotiating A127 closure on the way home.
Now the SE27 Dagger
McLeansvilleAppFan

Don Beech 3 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:45 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:15 pm And no online streaming. Ugh
Only just see this, streaming was on tonight good job by Mike and the lads on it. If you need the web address for it in the future its at https://mixlr.com/dagenhamandredbridgefc
I generally listen to the MixIr for home matches and they even mentioned at the close of the match Saturday that they planned to be at Southend, and I completely forget until you posted this. They don't generally have commentary for away matches so I was not even thinking of this as an option and forgot.

I know broadcast rights can be a bit complicated but I wish the BBC would allow for international streaming at least, even if there is some good reason to not stream within Great Britain. (Though the way the BBC is funded from what I know, and I don't see why they don't just stream across the entire country.)

We did move up a spot in the table. That's the good news.
Sagres

Last nights attendance 7542 (483 away fans)
ARNU

I was reluctant to go last night and had all my boos and Darryl out chants ready. But I'm glad I went now . If only we'd played so many other games with such conviction. Everyone put in a shift and Southend couldn't touch us. Best chant of the night
" You've got 6 fingers I've only got 5". Credit where it's due , manager and team were immense last night.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !