wayne has to go

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
oddsi

Ok it may sound a little premature but you have to look at our home record. Going back to 14th december when we lost to Torquay thats 15 league games including today 2 wins and 9 goals 3 of them in one game!! If you want to count the 3 friendly home games its 18 games and 2 wins, What other club would put up with that.

He claims he has better footballers this season but did we see that today ? No movement no pace no invention different season same rubbish served up ! all we need now is snow white to go with our 7 dwarves out on the pitch.

Style of play and picking the right personel is Waynes job and he is not doing it so the buck stops with him and thereis nothing to convince me that he can change. Time to go ?..
matt_drfc

oddsi wrote:Ok it may sound a little premature but you have to look at our home record. Going back to 14th december when we lost to Torquay thats 15 league games including today 2 wins and 9 goals 3 of them in one game!! If you want to count the 3 friendly home games its 18 games and 2 wins, What other club would put up with that.

He claims he has better footballers this season but did we see that today ? No movement no pace no invention different season same rubbish served up ! all we need now is snow white to go with our 7 dwarves out on the pitch.

Style of play and picking the right personel is Waynes job and he is not doing it so the buck stops with him and thereis nothing to convince me that he can change. Time to go ?..
NO. NOT AT ALL. GO AWAY.
Richie

oddsi wrote:Time to go ?..
No.
ARNU

I think a John Still like run of 0 points in 50 odd was it ? would be hard to bear but you have to give this some time.They have to work together and thats the big project to get right right now.1st half we were ok,certainly looked in control.2nd half we were obviously shite.Batt was ok I thought,cant understand why he'd be singled out.Goldberg and Cureton should start together,1 up front was never going to work today especially with the hoofing and the lack of height.Doey had a mare if you want me to dig anyone out at all.A rare event these days.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mikins

Totally agree with Arnu here.

Firing someone one match into the season? Utter. Utter lunacy.
Sorry about your damn luck!
redboy

Arnu is correct however regarding the gaffer, if he's going to go, most of the board need to go too. Let's be honest, what do they know about Football. How many of them have played the game? To allow Wayne to sign the seven dwarves shows a total lack of knowledge about what this club needs. I thought Ellison was excellent today. Tall, physical, niggly, nasty, exactly what we need but when do we ever sign such players. fair play to him for the banter too.
leewilson

I was a little skeptical when I heard the line up today as I immediately thought that Cureton would be isolated and that proved the case. For me, you can't have a midfield 3 of Ogogo, Howell and Boucard. It just doesn't offer enough in an attacking sense. It may be neat and tidy around the half way line but getting into the final third and there's just not enough there. We looked like we had a bit more purpose when Porter came on as it freed Chambers up to alternate with Cureton. No coincidence Cureton began to come into the game in the last 20 minutes when he could drop off the centre back because Chambers was suddenly running directly at them.

4-3-3 only works if we get the right players in to fit the system. No coincidence it worked last season when Rhys and Zavon collaborated together. It also doesn't tend to work with us unless one of the 3 CMs works a bit closer to the striker. I'm hoping Labadie can end up being this player. At the minute though, I think 4-3-3 is a waste. I'd much rather see us go 4-4-2 and have Porter/Hemmings wide, Ogogo with either Howell or Boucard in the middle and Chambers who used to play up front for York up there with Cureton.

Then when the personel is right, perhaps a 4-3-3 could be more appropriate.
Lcbdagger

Fair play today to Ellison... The guy is a cracking character

as for the thread question... One game in? Give over
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Amazing. I laughed so hard when I read the thread title. Football <3
NickMurphy

Kevin Ellison was brilliant as always, one of my favourite players in our league.
Dagdale

Kevin Ellison in a daggers shirt please asap! The guy loves us!
ThatRoundThing

Top bloke, came over and shook our hands during a lull in play.
ARNU

Every time he plays at Victoria road he comes over and has a chat with us.Top bloke,takes a lot of stick and normally shoves it down the throats of those that give it.He is a great player to watch as well.Im glad he scored to be honest.Quite why some of the imbeciles behind me in the stand were calling him a ***** I just don't know.No manners I spose !
Mark

Gave him plenty of stick for his penalty appeal early on but enjoyed his discussion with a guy behind the goal!
ARNU

Mark wrote:Gave him plenty of stick for his penalty appeal early on but enjoyed his discussion with a guy behind the goal!
Oh I totally agree with giving him a bit of stick and banter,cant think of anyone else better to give or receive it but I just cant understand why he'd be viciously called a ***** by anyone.