Halifax (H) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Eagleman3449

Yep a very poor performance, I thought when we got a goal back we may get something out of the game but that was short lived, the way Halifax celebrated the 3rd goal you would have thought they had won the league. How did our centre forward get daggers motm? The groans said it all.
jag

Most of the previous comments are about right, I would just like to add that I think that our coaching staff need to look at what they are doing here or are not doing, if you look at our tactics we are employing especially from the many corner kicks that we worked extremely hard to win, you will have noticed that our corner taker Will Wright one of my favourite players just keeps putting the ball far to close to the keeper every player is bunched into a tight group and it seems that we are relying on just a small touch that may or may not go in the goal, surely the team need to mix it up bit more, we have forward players who are really good at beating the opposition when the ball is on the floor not up in the bloody air, the team worked their socks off in the 2nd half to get back into the game and deserved to get a goal however what happened after the goal was inept from Elliot Justham and our defenders because every time we seem to have a bad habit of always kicking the ball over to the wing next to the Carling Stand when over next to the Sieve stood George Saunders our quickest player standing in acres of space and during the whole time he was on the pitch he did not receive a kick from Elliot, Kenny or Dean, the opposition must of thought this easy to deal with we only have one side of the pitch to worry about, some of the supporters standing close to me in the Sieve were going mental shouting out for a pass to George, again the Coaching staff need to look back at the video of the game and sort these problems out, these players are proffesional and should self critique along with the coach and manager to iron out these sort of self inflicted problems. One more comment, who the bloody hell picks the best player of the match because when we were leaving the ground and the announcement was made all around me everybody was moaning how can Paul McCallum have won that, what did he do?
rebeldagger

Not the best performance from the team today, albeit we did dominate for a fair proportion of the game we simply could not convert that dominance into goals.

I feel the lineup was questionable and I appreciate the efforts of the midfield yet they were simply overrun and couldn't feed the ball through to the frontmen.

Robbo, again, had a good game and was deserving of his goal and to be fair we could, and should've, got a second almost immediately after.

I feel the 1-3 result does somewhat flatter Halifax, albeit they did give a good and confidennt game, it didn't warrent that score line.

There may be slight hopes of playoffs yet, next weekend will be telling.
RM1Dagger

rebeldagger wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:58 am Not the best performance from the team today, albeit we did dominate for a fair proportion of the game we simply could not convert that dominance into goals.

I feel the lineup was questionable and I appreciate the efforts of the midfield yet they were simply overrun and couldn't feed the ball through to the frontmen.

Robbo, again, had a good game and was deserving of his goal and to be fair we could, and should've, got a second almost immediately after.

I feel the 1-3 result does somewhat flatter Halifax, albeit they did give a good and confidennt game, it didn't warrent that score line.

There may be slight hopes of playoffs yet, next weekend will be telling.
A bit of balance offered here. Obviously can't argue with a couple of soft goals conceded but we gave it a right go second half and I don't think a point would have been un-deserved. The amount of corners on our left side we had, poor old Wright looked knackered having to keep coming across to take them. Annoying to concede that last one when Halifax weren't even trying to score at that stage but were generally just trying to run the clock down. And yes Stevie Wonder picking the MoTM again...
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

We did have a fairly dominant 30 odd minutes with some good phases of play. But let’s be realistic here, that’s because Halifax were sitting on a then 2 goal lead and were happy to sit back against a team that couldn’t really keep hold of the ball. Can all of course spin the facts to suit our own agenda, but the fact we could only get near their goal through corners shows how poor we were in open play.

I just don’t think there are any positives to take from yesterday, or the previous home match. A 30 min spell across two matches is not a positive at all, irrespective of opposition.

McCallum MoTM was an odd one. Don’t think he had a bad game as he had sod all service, but it should have been Morias. Really good attitude on him. If we can find a system that helps us take advantage of our depth in attacking talent, we could have a real player there.
Chalky69

Interesting comments from the two managers. Halifax manager said that he reckons Daggers are the best footballing side in the league but he watched us play Stockport and asked his team, like Stockport, to relentlessly press us and shut us down. That's what both teams did and it worked. DM, in his after match interview, also mentioned us being reported as the best footballing side in the league but that we were naive and "too nice" and yet when we do get a bit nasty the officials penalize us. How many times yesterday did Macca have the centre half have him in a neck lock and yet the referees just smiles and waives play on. How do you get nasty but not get penalized? Macca MoM - a mystery. For the second match running for me it was Morias who at least managed not to get substituted this week. Wish several other of our players had his physique and/or energy. Now to Chesterfield!!!!
ThatRoundThing

I think our current League position is about where we will finish the season.
Macca M.OM, I think that I can solve the mystery from what I heard yesterday. The match sponsors ,as is usual, we’re asked to name M.O.M and were not regular Daggers attendees and didn’t really have a clue who to name.
So they asked a regular hospitality supporter who they should name and were given Macca in jest.
DagenHammer87

That was a terrible game from start to finish.

Admittedly the first goal seemed to come out of the blue and seemed a decent strike from where I was sitting in The Carling, but the second and third were great examples of why this club will never find itself any bigger than what it is at the moment.

The formation was sloppy, we had zero decent wing play in that first half. Weston looks exhausted, Ling was playing with the brakes on when the full back with the mullet was there for the taking.

Rance was sloppy, Robinson put in a shift second half but his passing was totally off first half.

Zouma seemed the only bright spark at the back, but the positioning of the entire back line was all over the shop. The third goal was inevitable once they got in and Wright looked all at sea and did Justham zero favours and left him with no chance.

We look reluctant to play out from the back. We have a couple of decent ball carriers, but didn't seem to utilise it. Instead we'd wait for Halifax to reset and get their shape and then punt the ball upfield and lose out because we totally lack the physicality in the midfield and forward positions.

The referree and lino on the carling stand side were absolutely shocking and failed to spot any of the grabbing and shirt pulling all the way through the game, but it's our total lack of naivety and ineptitude that cost us that game.

Credit has to go to Halifax, they were more composed and out thought a manager who doesn't seek able to critique his own faults and mistakes from his team. They outfought a team doing little more than working out how many days it is until payday.

There are probably only four or five players who can take something positive from that game.

Saunders always looks like a brightspark when he comes on and always looks to do something positive.

Zouma at first glance didn't deserve his booking, but tried to get stuck into absolutely everything.

Robinson improved after the break once he calmed down.

Morais had a good go at everything (even if it didn't always come off) and finally Kenny Clark (even if I'm not always his biggest fan) but he also got stuck in against a very physical side.

These defensive players don't know their role and struggle to adapt dynamically when the phases of play get changed up.

Blame lies firmly with the manager for having a lack of a plan. Blame lies largely with the board for rewarding average managers with stupid contracts mid-season.

Still aside, when was the last time one of our managers actually got poached?!
DaggerJoel11

Daggers' faltering ambitions sustained further damage at the hands of a high-flying Halifax side competent enough to exploit their well-known yet repeatedly unaddressed weaknesses.

💻 𝙈𝘼𝙏𝘾𝙃 𝙍𝙀𝙋𝙊𝙍𝙏 | https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... fax-town-3
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RayleighDagger1986

DagenHammer87 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:00 pm That was a terrible game from start to finish.

Admittedly the first goal seemed to come out of the blue and seemed a decent strike from where I was sitting in The Carling, but the second and third were great examples of why this club will never find itself any bigger than what it is at the moment.

The formation was sloppy, we had zero decent wing play in that first half. Weston looks exhausted, Ling was playing with the brakes on when the full back with the mullet was there for the taking.

Rance was sloppy, Robinson put in a shift second half but his passing was totally off first half.

Zouma seemed the only bright spark at the back, but the positioning of the entire back line was all over the shop. The third goal was inevitable once they got in and Wright looked all at sea and did Justham zero favours and left him with no chance.

We look reluctant to play out from the back. We have a couple of decent ball carriers, but didn't seem to utilise it. Instead we'd wait for Halifax to reset and get their shape and then punt the ball upfield and lose out because we totally lack the physicality in the midfield and forward positions.

The referree and lino on the carling stand side were absolutely shocking and failed to spot any of the grabbing and shirt pulling all the way through the game, but it's our total lack of naivety and ineptitude that cost us that game.

Credit has to go to Halifax, they were more composed and out thought a manager who doesn't seek able to critique his own faults and mistakes from his team. They outfought a team doing little more than working out how many days it is until payday.

There are probably only four or five players who can take something positive from that game.

Saunders always looks like a brightspark when he comes on and always looks to do something positive.

Zouma at first glance didn't deserve his booking, but tried to get stuck into absolutely everything.

Robinson improved after the break once he calmed down.

Morais had a good go at everything (even if it didn't always come off) and finally Kenny Clark (even if I'm not always his biggest fan) but he also got stuck in against a very physical side.

These defensive players don't know their role and struggle to adapt dynamically when the phases of play get changed up.

Blame lies firmly with the manager for having a lack of a plan. Blame lies largely with the board for rewarding average managers with stupid contracts mid-season.

Still aside, when was the last time one of our managers actually got poached?!
John Still got poached by Luton before we had Burnett, then Still (again), Taylor and McMahon