ZAV IS BACK

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
leewilson wrote:
ARNU wrote:We are mugs.If he was not crocked he'd have buggered off and we all know it.Just secured himself a wage packet while he's still injured,I doubt its a small amount either.When will he be ready to play ? Not before Christmas Id imagine.Sadly I will have to come to terms with the fact that Dagenham and Redbridge are just becoming like all the rest what with the hiring of Thugs and Charlie big potato footballers and not sacking drunk drivers cos they might be able to play a bit.No wonder really Im desperately losing interest.Havent been to a single pre season game as had some paint drying i wanted to watch and didn't renew my club membership either.Any one want to make me an offer for my season ticket ?
No, go away.
I'm with Lee.
Civil partnership or wedding ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

Phippo wrote:Disappointed (but not overly surprised) by Arnu post. Not a ball kicked in anger yet and Arnu wants out! If Zavon returns to his early form of last season (and remains injury free) then great .Hope the budget is being managed with care!
You know I'll go to more games than half these jokers that jump on my back when I raise the odd point here and there.Just not a great fan of the thug,the drunk driver,the Charlie big spud(lets face it its nigh impossible to be one at Dagenham really)the crocked mercenary,the murderer and the odd sexual deviant we have so far managed to not sign Im pleased to say.All these types are given hero status by football as a whole,covered in cotton wool and adulation and we seem to help perpetuate these problems by being just like all the rest these days.Being able to kick a ball should not excuse you from behaving decently.

Zav's done nothing wrong,I'll say it again,I don't blame him but I do question his loyalty.
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote: Also, I'll give Arnu £45 and a packet of pork scratchings for his season ticket.
Instead of getting in for child prices when you were 18 that's almost a good offer. :lol:
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:We are mugs.If he was not crocked he'd have buggered off and we all know it.Just secured himself a wage packet while he's still injured,I doubt its a small amount either.When will he be ready to play ? Not before Christmas Id imagine.Sadly I will have to come to terms with the fact that Dagenham and Redbridge are just becoming like all the rest what with the hiring of Thugs and Charlie big potato footballers and not sacking drunk drivers cos they might be able to play a bit.No wonder really Im desperately losing interest.Havent been to a single pre season game as had some paint drying i wanted to watch and didn't renew my club membership either.Any one want to make me an offer for my season ticket ?[/quote

Arnu would like to highlight two points. Firstly I understand that there was an offer from a higher level and it appears he has chosen us.

He is not the first Player signed recently who has spoken about how the Manager wants to play and this attracted him to us. Yesterdays signing also had offers elsewhere but again chose us stating the Manager as a reason.

At times last season we reverted to hoof ball and it has to be hoped that with the guts being ripped out of the squad and reshaped that we now have the Players to play how the Manager wants.

Obviously there are those who have never bought into the Managers style and ideas and long for the return of Johnny Hoofball but although I share your views on the behaviour and past conduct of a couple of our recruits I hope you stay around and finally get to see the type of style you have for so long craved.
You know me Sussex.Put it out there create a bit of controversy and the pantomime continues.My previous post to this sums up my feelings with Zav.I don't blame him and he will be our best player again.Oh and.....hes behind you !!
USADAGGER nick

Why are you holding it against him for trying to get a better opportunity?
ARNU

USADAGGER nick wrote:Why are you holding it against him for trying to get a better opportunity?
Im not.I've spent years telling everyone football is one of the most mercenary professions going.I don't have to like it though do I ?

Im disappointed with the club for letting an injured player,who seemingly don't care that much for us hold us to some sort of ransom.I want players who want to play for us 1st and foremost.I would rather they weren't drunk drivers,rapists,thugs and morons and would like to think loyalty still matters to some.And although some may not like this opinion I am pleasantly surprised(yet again) that I have a view that quite a few,if not totally,sort of agree with generally.
matt_drfc

I doubt you'd sign a 2 year deal if you didn't want to play for a club. Look, wouldn't you rather Zav playing for us than against us?
Diggerthedog

Arnie is a bitter West Ham fan who can't get over that Sammy hoofball runs his proper club and daggers play proper football :lol:
Lcbdagger

The mercenary bit would grate on me if he had played a blinder last season and gone as we would have received no fee... Now if he destroys league two and buggers off we get a pay day too
NickMurphy

The mercenary bit makes me laugh. He's not a mercenary for wanting to better his career, and the fact that he had the decency to keep us informed throughout means even if he had of left, I wouldn't have had any bad feelings towards him. Unlike Hoyte.

Also, on a side note talking of players moving on so quickly, the only player I'd genuinely be absolutely gutted to see leave us is Scott Doe (and maybe Abu), but Doe mainly.
leewilson

Bits of this thread make me cry. First and foremost, football is a job. Enjoyment comes with it but that's beside the point. Zav like any normal human wants to achieve the best and get the most out of his career. He doesn't have an affinity towards the name Dagenham and Redbridge but I imagine from listening to his interviews and reading his twitter page that he enjoys working with Wayne, enjoys the atmosphere around the place and appreciates the supporters for their support and nice comments. He is bound by no loyalty other than the length of his contract. Last year this was for 1 year and he decided to take a chance and keep his options open. This was perfectly within his rights just like it would have been within our rights to not resign him. It's clear for both parties that a return was the best option and thankfully this works for us both. We gain an asset on the pitch. Zav gains employment for two years minimum most likely with assurances that if he performs, he'll be allowed to move on before the expiry of that contract if a decent offer for him is received.

It's really not difficult to understand.
ARNU

Well when you lot(some of you at least) next go on about some player leaving us in the shit or being dis-loyal or in fact any other player playing for other clubs doing something similar then maybe in the back of your mind you'll have my voice telling you to ****** off you hypocrite.In this very thread you've got Nick slagging down Hoyte yet some how that's different,Hoytes a bad man yet Hines is a saint. No it aint. 2 mercenaries made 2 different decisions that's all.The more sensible of you out there will see that my attack is on footballers and football rather than any individual.Zavon Hines has a duty to his family and himself way before D&R or us.But lets not cover it all up with quaint little stories about him choosing us because he loves us,or him being a dagger thru and thru.I rather imagine he chose us cos we will pay his mortgage while he's crocked for another 6 months and will be off like a shot to the highest bidder asap after that.Once we all accept there is no loyalty in football at least from the players then maybe we'd all be a bit more comfortable with it all.The only loyalty I see in football is from the fans that travels far and wide in rain and shine no matter how crap their team is.A loyalty even I think is misguided and I've done it myself.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Well when you lot(some of you at least) next go on about some player leaving us in the shit or being dis-loyal or in fact any other player playing for other clubs doing something similar then maybe in the back of your mind you'll have my voice telling you to ****** off you hypocrite.In this very thread you've got Nick slagging down Hoyte yet some how that's different,Hoytes a bad man yet Hines is a saint. No it aint. 2 mercenaries made 2 different decisions that's all.The more sensible of you out there will see that my attack is on footballers and football rather than any individual.Zavon Hines has a duty to his family and himself way before D&R or us.But lets not cover it all up with quaint little stories about him choosing us because he loves us,or him being a dagger thru and thru.I rather imagine he chose us cos we will pay his mortgage while he's crocked for another 6 months and will be off like a shot to the highest bidder asap after that.Once we all accept there is no loyalty in football at least from the players then maybe we'd all be a bit more comfortable with it all.The only loyalty I see in football is from the fans that travels far and wide in rain and shine no matter how crap their team is.A loyalty even I think is misguided and I've done it myself.
Now just to play devils advocate and as I love your passion and postings all tho I do not entirely agree with them all.

Have Zav Hines and Gavin Hoyte not just shown the same loyalty we have shown to Chris Lewington, Jordan Seabright, Femi, Affi Oberfemi, Chris Dickson and a host of other Players during this period.
bearaab

Try going an hour in your life without moaning or trying to wind people up. You might enjoy it. Looking forward to your reply as always.

X X X
Lcbdagger

Don't think the Hoyte issue has been him not signing. .. Just the quotes from the manager saying he hasn't even got in touch. If he knew in June he c wanted out he could have said he wouldn't stay on well before July 1st